It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kid gets his hand crushed in China

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
This little kid in China is being being harrassed and assaulted supposedly for being white with them saying
"white boy go home. Go away". I don't know if this is a fact since I don't speak Chinese, but this really ticked me off seeing this wether it was racist, the kid did something wrong, or whatever.

www.liveleak.com...

What is wrong with these people and others like them? NO- I don't mean just Chinese people so don't go there!
Seems like more and more child abuse videos keep popping up from around the world these days and
it makes me sick!

Sorry... accidentally put in the wrong category.
edit on 19-7-2011 by SnakeShot because: (no reason given)

Thread title modified for better accuracy
edit on 20-7-2011 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Parents? Guardians? Authorities? '

Why is there never a full story for these odd videos! I am shocked the people just watched while a child was being abused.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Shame on you for pointing out that it's not just white people who can be racist, you racist!

/end sarcasm

The most racist people I know are males over the age of 55. Whether white or black is worse is a coin toss at best.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
It just goes to show, racist actions can be controlled in public and eliminated in how government operates but it can never be legislated out of how some people think. The Asia cultures are among the most xenophobic in the world, to my understanding. No problem by my thinking. That is how they choose to be in their culture, it's on us to adapt if we choose to go to their nation I suppose.

It would just be nice if the rest of the world thought the same about the U.S. and our equally important rights to our culture...such as it is.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
they are all cowards, small penis envy

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Send to the drudge report tip box. They occasionally link to such things.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Convenient that there is no story behind the incident....

Not condoning the behavior but there is a lot more to the story than is being explained.

I am a white person who stayed in China, I never saw anything like or had it happen to me. My guess is the kid did something wrong, or someone in his family did.....

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

What is this based on? I'm Australian and spend a lot of time in Asian countries for business. I, nor my wife & child, have ever experienced any racism whatsoever.

As a matter of fact - I always feel bad coming home to Australia & seeing how we treat Asians, after being treated so well in their countries.

Having said that - where the hell is this kids parents (as already stated)? Why is this small child here alone?

It seems we are only getting half the story again. Still, ANY adult assaulting a child like that deserves a clobbering as far as I'm concerned. I don’t care where they come from.

Weak bullies.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Wish I could have been let lose on that crowd with an ax or an assault rifle regardless of what the child done he didnt deserve that treatment, this is the third post on ATS in less than a week that has made very very very angry, I wonder what people would be saying it this was a group of white people abusing a black or asian child in this manner, Im sure there would be a huge out cry

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucifersjester
Wish I could have been let lose on that crowd with an ax or an assault rifle regardless of what the child done he didnt deserve that treatment, this is the third post on ATS in less than a week that has made very very very angry, I wonder what people would be saying it this was a group of white people abusing a black or asian child in this manner, Im sure there would be a huge out cry

The quality of the video is not that good, it is quite possible that the kid in it is half and half. I'm just wondering, what makes you think it was done "only because he is white", you know, besides the anonymous tag of such on the internet....

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucifersjester

So, I noticed originally in the video that the dialects were a little oddball, and then I found this posting on another forum.

a) his hand was not crushed
b) there's about 4 Chinese dialects going on in that video
c) kid is most likely not white, but from northern China (mongolian or something along those lines) or from XinJiang (mixed arabic)
d) kids from those regions are notorious for going to the coastal cities to steal. The gangs usually have an adult leader. They never operate alone. If that is the case, he mostly got caught while his buddies got away.
e) seen from the guy stepping on his hands, I would say if the facts are consistent, the kid was a little thief.
f) Don't have the details, so I won't jump to conclusions.

I should have caught that originally, the person stepping on his hand was most likely to teach him not to steal. Which isn't half bad when you consider in some countries they used to cut them off...

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Thats exactly what I was thinking as I watched it. At first I thought the child appeared Asian, however I think you could be right as far as him being partially Asian.

I haven't seen, nor heard of this "half Asian hate" in China though.

I hate racism full stop. Our family is mixed (my son is adopted from Thailand). The looks we get walking around with him here in Australia are sometimes downright rude. Funny how when I'm in Asia with him (especially Thailand), we get no strange looks, only locals coming over to happily meet him & us.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by SnakeShot
This little kid in China is being being harrassed and assaulted supposedly for being white with them saying
"white boy go home. Go away". I don't know if this is a fact since I don't speak Chinese, but this really ticked me off seeing this.

Another reason to try and avoid "made in China" junk if you can.

Well that is as racist as bullying a child for being white..

What is wrong with these people and others like them?

Please explain what you meant by THESE people. Did you mean these bullies/ child abusers, Or did you mean the scarey yellow racist china man devils????????????? As the way it comes across in your post is the latter.

Seems like more and more child abuse videos keep popping up from around the world these days and
it makes me sick!

Well I agree with you on that.

edit on 19-7-2011 by meathed because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-7-2011 by meathed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

Originally posted by Lucifersjester

The quality of the video is not that good, it is quite possible that the kid in it is half and half. I'm just wondering, what makes you think it was done "only because he is white", you know, besides the anonymous tag of such on the internet....

I dont know about China, but in Japan there is a HUGE stigma concerning being half white. Worse yet is being half black . Most of that in my generation was due to the american mil from the base having a fun Saturday night with the locals, however.. and leaving mixed kids behind to suffer the hatred. You may be very correct on the "half and half" idea.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

The guy stepped on his hand, most likely because he stole something. That's actually pretty common in China and a lot of other parts of the world.

.....Racism there is making you pay 100RMB for something that is only worth 10.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Oh come on guys atleast do a little research before jumping to huge conclusions about the video... I really hate that about ATS. This site is 'supposed' to be about 'denying ignorance' but everyone still just jumps to conclusions regardless.

While the racism is terrible the child was apparently accused of theft. They don't take kindly to crime in China so this isn't surprising... and it wouldn't surprise me if it happened in other countries too. Now the racism is awful but if you aren't all that smart and you see a 'foreigner' stealing you'd think they are spoiling your country. Obviously I like to think most people are smart enough to think better.

So please stop just looking at the video and spouting your chinese hatred when you don't know what is going on.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by meathed

1... I try to buy as much domestic manufactured products as I can to support our own economy.
Your saying I'm racist because I don't like buying "made in china"?... give me a freaking break.

2... by "these people", I was refering to idiots who treat children like this, wether it was racist, the kid did something wrong, or what have you. Did you notice that I also put "and others like them"?
No... I wasn't speaking of that latter. You sound like one of those people that wants to read racism into practically anything.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Noviz
...and it wouldn't surprise me if it happened in other countries too.....

Simoans have a colorful approach to teaching kids not to steal....

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by SnakeShot
reply to post by meathed

1... I try to buy as much domestic manufactured products as I can to support our own economy.
Your saying I'm racist because I don't like buying "made in china"?... give me a freaking break.

2... by "these people", I was refering to idiots who treat children like this, wether it was racist, the kid did something wrong, or what have you. Did you notice that I also put "and others like them"?

You don't need to go to China to find people that treat children like dirt:

Thursday as the judge, Mark A. Ciavarella Jr., and a colleague, Michael T. Conahan, appeared in federal court in Scranton, Pa., to plead guilty to wire fraud and income tax fraud for taking more than $2.6 million in kickbacks to send teenagers to two privately run youth detention centers run by PA Child Care and a sister company, Western PA Child Care.

Here is one of their victims:

Hillary Transue thought she might get a stern lecture when she appeared before a judge for building a spoof MySpace page mocking the assistant principal at her high school in Wilkes-Barre, Pa. She was a stellar student who had never been in trouble, and the page stated clearly at the bottom that it was just a joke.

Instead, the judge sentenced her to three months at a juvenile detention center on a charge of harassment.

Personally, I'd take a quick beating over 3 months of my life lost in a detention center.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I erased my entire original reply because there are no words adequate enough to express how I feel about this.

But I don't condemn all of China for it. I only condemn the people who are doing this to this child, the women who just stood there smiling and holding their shopping bags and umbrellas and purses while they watched the child being tortured, and the people who filmed this and did nothing.

To condemn all of China for what these people did, we would have to condemn all of ourselves and our own countries for what terrible things happen within our very own borders, everyday.

On second thought...maybe we all do deserve to be condemned.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join