It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Casey Anthony prosecuted with inaccurate data?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Expert says assertion that Anthony conducted extensive searches for 'chloroform' was based on bad computer data

MIAMI — Assertions by the prosecution that Casey Anthony conducted extensive computer searches on the word “chloroform” were based on inaccurate data, a software designer who testified at the trial said Monday.

Click on the link for the full article

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by KnightFire

yea yea.. I'm not really sure what the point of this thread is but imo even if this had come up in court it wouldn't have been very ground breaking. So the prosecution lied.. but hell, so did Casey Anthony and Jose Baez.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by 31Bravo

This point is, the passing of information.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

She had a lawyer willing to get her out any way he could in exchange smh.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I'm about sick of listening to all this. Everyone here raising hell about the lil dumba$$ need to step back and take another look. The girl was found not guilty by 12 jurors, an obvious biased judge and media. Yet she still was found innocent of any malice in whatever happened. The media convicted her long before trial. This is no different than the distraction about some blond bimbos drug overdose during the '08 presidential primaries. Every freaking network 24-7 and not 1 thing to do with what's going on with the crap in this country or the elections. Get back to work exposing that which others would conceal.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I think the important thing about this new information is that the prosecution was notified of the inaccuracy while the trial was still ongoing. Legally, the prosecution is obligated to reveal all evidence that is exculpatory to the defense; which they did not.

It's all a moot point now, as the not guilty verdict is already in. However, the prosecutor could potentially be brought up on charges....and rightfully should be.

My 2-cents

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Hillbilly123069

Yeah, I can second that. The Casey Anthony stuff was a distraction, no more, no less. And it worked spectacularly.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by 31Bravo
So the prosecution lied.. but hell, so did Casey Anthony and Jose Baez.

What a poor argument
The difference is that, the prosecution lies, and people literally die.

It is better to let 100 guilty go free, than to execute a single innocent person. Prosecution lying should be a Catagory 1 felony...attempted premeditated murder. Prosecutors are (very often) the most slimy and disgusting reptiles on the face of the earth whom are not trying to get justice at all, rather, they are trying to get a reputation so they can eventually start their own law firm. They don't care how many innocent people they send to jail, they care only about winning and that is that.

I don't mind that the defense is also in the same boat...and sure, sometimes the person that walks is guilty as hell, but, that is beside the point. point is, if a defense lies, someone may walk free that should be spending time in the pokey...if the prosecution lies, someone can be murdered by the tax payers because of it...very very bad and if proven a knowing lie was put forward, he should face very harsh punishment..to include disbarred (minimum) and locked away.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

You are mistaking my comment, mostly my fault because I was being lazy.. I was simply stating that if that lie was presented to the jury, it would not have been ground breaking because we all KNEW the defense was lieing (unless your common sense free). You're absolutely right, the prosecution shouldn't lie but neither should a defense lawyer who is also looking to start his own law firm. Our entire justice system is a joke.. from murderers walking free, to jurors that apparently watch too much NCIS and too lazy to put puzzle peices together.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

reply to post by SaturnFX

You are mistaking my comment, mostly my fault because I was being lazy.. I was simply stating that if that lie was presented to the jury, it would not have been ground breaking because we all KNEW the defense was lieing (unless your common sense free). You're absolutely right, the prosecution shouldn't lie but neither should a defense lawyer who is also looking to start his own law firm. Our entire justice system is a joke.. from murderers walking free, to jurors that apparently watch too much NCIS and too lazy to put puzzle peices together.

you think the entire jury was simply watching NCIS and decided to go with that method?

as a jury member, you cannot put a puzzle together and judge that way..consider even ATS...a band of people united under a general perspective that conspiracys happen..yet we cannot put a single puzzle together we all agree on here. Imagine if a jury worked like we do here...everyone would be executed.

The jury's job is to ignore all the conjecture, hypothesis's, and emotional arguments. They must look past innuendos and nonsense and go with just what the facts show...and judge that way. That is the only way anything can be solved. I can sit back and think of a dozen different senarios that is plausable on this specific trial that is against the versions currently cooked up by both sides...but my opinion, or suspicion means jack.

The jury made the right call...all 12 of them without a single dissenting voice all understood that opinions and speculation matters not...its about the proof, the evidence, and it pointed to nothing in particular.

The justice system may be imperfect, but I don't see how pushing for opinions and speculation will make it better...it would make it much worse.
If I had my way, I would remove the jury and in its place, put a simple computer that disregards any emotion, speculation, hypothesis, and other things irrelevant..just judge based on connecting dots...and let the state deal with the burden of proof.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

RULE 4-3.3 CANDOR TOWARD THE TRIBUNAL

(a) False Evidence; Duty to Disclose. A lawyer shall not knowingly:

(1) make a false statement of fact or law to a tribunal or fail to correct a false statement of material fact or law previously made to the tribunal by the lawyer;

(2) fail to disclose a material fact to a tribunal when disclosure is necessary to avoid assisting a criminal or fraudulent act by the client;

(3) fail to disclose to the tribunal legal authority in the controlling jurisdiction known to the lawyer to be directly adverse to the position of the client and not disclosed by opposing counsel; or

(4) offer evidence that the lawyer knows to be false. A lawyer may not offer testimony that the lawyer knows to be false in the form of a narrative unless so ordered by the tribunal. If a lawyer, the lawyer’s client, or a witness called by the lawyer has offered material evidence and the lawyer comes to know of its falsity, the lawyer shall take reasonable remedial measures including, if necessary, disclosure to the tribunal. A lawyer may refuse to offer evidence that the lawyer reasonably believes is false.

www.floridabar.org...

Sanctions are available for this type of attorney misconduct. However, most lawyers drink the cool-aid in their legal career, and are worried more about reputation of being a good trial lawyer and winning, versus their role as an officer of the court upholding the law and ensuring justice is applied fairly. It is an absolute shame these prosecutors did not disclose this information to the court. They should at minimum be suspended from practice. How many other cases have they done this with? When an attorneys honesty and adherence to the rules of professional conduct are placed into question, then they deserve not to be a part of the legal profession. Otherwise we should just go back to our original system and allow anyone to practice law as the profession has no backbone to enforce standards of conduct on its members anyway.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Bottom line is that this Casey girl is ill. She has a mental illness. I have knows people like her in my life, and they're all very dangerous people. Sociopathic personality types are generally the same. Extremely selfish, perpetual victims, master manipulators and they hurt people to get whatever it is that they're craving.

Kinda reminds me of Sarah Palin

Seriously though, regardless of her being found not guilty (which I think is correct), this girl is going to receive a serious dose of humility one day. Someone is going to hurt this sick girl and she can do nothing about it. What goes around does indeed come around. May take 15 years, but make no mistake; this girl is going to have a limb or two removed and have her face bashed in with a brick.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
you think the entire jury was simply watching NCIS and decided to go with that method?

as a jury member, you cannot put a puzzle together and judge that way..consider even ATS...a band of people united under a general perspective that conspiracys happen..yet we cannot put a single puzzle together we all agree on here. Imagine if a jury worked like we do here...everyone would be executed.

The jury's job is to ignore all the conjecture, hypothesis's, and emotional arguments. They must look past innuendos and nonsense and go with just what the facts show...and judge that way. That is the only way anything can be solved. I can sit back and think of a dozen different senarios that is plausable on this specific trial that is against the versions currently cooked up by both sides...but my opinion, or suspicion means jack.

The jury made the right call...all 12 of them without a single dissenting voice all understood that opinions and speculation matters not...its about the proof, the evidence, and it pointed to nothing in particular.

The justice system may be imperfect, but I don't see how pushing for opinions and speculation will make it better...it would make it much worse.
If I had my way, I would remove the jury and in its place, put a simple computer that disregards any emotion, speculation, hypothesis, and other things irrelevant..just judge based on connecting dots...and let the state deal with the burden of proof.

Oh yes.. absolutely. I believe the generation of today, or should I say television generation of today, think that there's going to be that magical peice of evidence that's going to point at someone or some thing so they can solve the mystery of the week.. and if you honestly think that an every day Joe, that make his 5.15 an hour and got picked for jury duty will 100% of the time have a keen detectives mind while watching the prosecution and defense go at it you're either naive or just sadly mistaken. Secondly, yes again.. it actually IS the jury's job to peice together the crime from evidence at the crime scene.

In fact, as we all very well know that's exactly the lawyers job to peice together a scenario and the jury is supposed to weed through the BS and judge what really happened. You say the jury made the right call.. well brother, that's just where we disagree.. I believe they had NO CLUE how to be a jury as a whole and one, two, maybe more than that had an influence over the rest. I can't remember the blonde haired jurors name but she is seriously retarted and kept repeating nonsense... that's just IMHO. I respect you Saturn but this is just where we obviously disagree.

One last thought, I can't remember how many hours it took them to come up with a verdict but it wasn't even a half a day.. it's like they had the verdict before the case was at its end. A high profile case like that should have been extremely chewed over and talked about.. not the release of someone that is an infamous liar and child neglector (come on.. you gotta at least agree with me that she should have AT THE VERY LEAST gotten a child neglect charge) just sayin...
edit on 19-7-2011 by 31Bravo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Oh yes.. absolutely. I believe the generation of today, or should I say television generation of today, think that there's going to be that magical peice of evidence that's going to point at someone or some thing so they can solve the mystery of the week.. and if you honestly think that an every day Joe, that make his 5.15 an hour and got picked for jury duty will 100% of the time have a keen detectives mind while watching the prosecution and defense go at it you're either naive or just sadly mistaken. Secondly, yes again.. it actually IS the jury's job to peice together the crime from evidence at the crime scene.

In fact, as we all very well know that's exactly the lawyers job to peice together a scenario and the jury is supposed to weed through the BS and judge what really happened. You say the jury made the right call.. well brother, that's just where we disagree.. I believe they had NO CLUE how to be a jury as a whole and one, two, maybe more than that had an influence over the rest. I can't remember the blonde haired jurors name but she is seriously retarted and kept repeating nonsense... that's just IMHO. I respect you Saturn but this is just where we obviously disagree.

The jury is not supposed to entertain speculation as the core.
What is needed to convict is motive, evidence, and connection

They failed on the motive (casey wanted to party, so killed her kid...because we have a pic of the party)
They failed miserably at connection...(her trunk smelled funny, therefore casey brutally murdered her daughter with...tape...or something, granted, the tape was messed with by the CSI, but just believe that she probably killed her with tape...or cloroform, or maybe she drown her, etc)
They did alright with -some- evidence...such as..well, they found the body, so there is that.

Everything they put forward that was "damning" only showed that she lied...that she probably panicked at finding her child dead, or covered for someone, or maybe murdered someone but not sure..but she definately lied for some reason

But some reason does not mean premeditated murder...that is a leap. Imagine totally by accident killing someone that you basically just medicated to make take a nap, or perhaps covering up for dear old dad that smothered her...you can spin endlessly the motive, which is why its ultimately useless...you need hard evidence linking the person to the crime being accused...it should be difficult for the state to prove a case, else we will be little more than a lynch mob killing anyone we figure may have done it, or had a motive to do it..

Very bad precidence...juries must ignore the mob mentality and instead work on a level of technicalitys...the opposite works also, where a person is clearly linked to a murder, but the murder may have damn well been justified enough by public opinion...still, the jury must ignore the emotions and simply rule on the hard evidence..

We may not see eye to eye...hell, most around my physically do not see eye to eye and some even say she shouldn't have even gotten a court case...just take her outside and shoot her sort of thing, because they know...somehow...that she did it. they know because they watched the circus convict her before she even got arrested...because it laid out in a very emotional and point oriented way by mass media to create a trivial monster for us to be distracted at.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hillbilly123069
I'm about sick of listening to all this. Everyone here raising hell about the lil dumba$$ need to step back and take another look. The girl was found not guilty by 12 jurors, an obvious biased judge and media. Yet she still was found innocent of any malice in whatever happened. The media convicted her long before trial. This is no different than the distraction about some blond bimbos drug overdose during the '08 presidential primaries. Every freaking network 24-7 and not 1 thing to do with what's going on with the crap in this country or the elections. Get back to work exposing that which others would conceal.

Hillbilly123069, I could not have said this better than you did friend. The media tried and convicted Casey long before the trial even began, and not they are mad because the Jury found her not guilty. I kept track of this, and it seems to me that the entire case the prosecution presented was wholly fabricated, and myself and my family are wondering why Casey's child molester father hasn't been arrested for his own crimes, and questioned about what he was doing to his daughter. I think the child died accidentally, the father hid the body, coached his daughter, who feared him... into lying to the police, and then placed the body, and placed the tape and gas can in her car's trunk. I am glad she was not convicted, it proves Justice still exists in America.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
Hillbilly123069, I could not have said this better than you did friend. The media tried and convicted Casey long before the trial even began, and not they are mad because the Jury found her not guilty. I kept track of this, and it seems to me that the entire case the prosecution presented was wholly fabricated, and myself and my family are wondering why Casey's child molester father hasn't been arrested for his own crimes, and questioned about what he was doing to his daughter. I think the child died accidentally, the father hid the body, coached his daughter, who feared him... into lying to the police, and then placed the body, and placed the tape and gas can in her car's trunk. I am glad she was not convicted, it proves Justice still exists in America.

wow. that's some pretty 'out there' assertions, assumptions and overall disconnect with what was Actually presented throughout the proceedings/case/trial ...

physical evidence, expert testimony and otherwise.

Caylee was not only 'baggage' but 'competition' as well.

Casey didn't want to be a 'mother' ... tied down , held responsible and/or restricted by the same ...

She sought only,
La Bella Vita

for a month .... until her mother Demanded she see her grandchild.

nah...

she didn't kill her kid.
she just went pole dancing and hot body contesting, to include numerous nights of blockbuster movies, coordinating shotgurls and the like, stealing money from friends and family, etc ...

all the while her DAUGHTER is missing or Has Been Kidnapped for upwards of if not over a month

with ABSOLUTELY NO ALERT MENTION OR MISSIVE TO ANYONE

[i apologize for the all caps, but ...]

yeah
right

imo,
anyone who chooses to buy into the whole 'george did her wrong/he and/or lee molested her BS....'

*welcome to fantasyland - here's your ticket stub*

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by 31Bravo

This should never have been a "High Profile Case". It was made so by Nancy Grace and her minions. Even now two and a half weeks after the trial she (NG) is still trying to get ratings out of the case.
I followed this case very very closely from late July of 2008. I read every piece of discovery released by the state of Florida. I then researched every forensic point and detail. A search of my own computer will show that I researched chloroform, decomposition rates for different environments, the manufacturing and distribution of duct tape made by Henkle, coffin flies, adpocrie (grave wax). I read every deposition and amid a sea of Casey haters I was the only one who said the state had no case. Another forum that I belong to was all about this case. (and other missing or exploited children) the other forum members (99% women) quoted Nancy Grace and the HLN crew over and over again even adopting the term Tot Mom. They hated Baez, they hated the whole Anthony family (although the wavered on Cindy) Basically they tried and convicted her based on the emotions of an over zealous news crew. The case of course cartwheeled from there and became what it did in the media. Too much emotion and speculation ( including conversations that Casey had with herself as she commited the crime LOL) clouded the fact that the state had so little and they inflated what they did have.
Yes something happened and this beautiful child is dead. My own beliefs (for what ever weight they hold) is that there was an accident and Casey panicked. She put off telling her parents for a day, then decided that any autopsy would show time of death and then her parents would know that it didnt just happen. A day turned into a week then... well you know the snowball effect. I believe that Casey's self esteem was tightly wound up in what her mother thought of her and if her mother thought she was a bad mother her self esteem would plummet. Over the three year period I saw much proof that that is what their relationship was. Casey was a chameleon (sp). She became whatever her friends thought she should be. She dated a man who was relegous and she went to church. She dated a man who was a sports nut so she became a sports nut. She dated this last guy who smoked pot and so she smoked pot with him. ( her close friends said she was not a known drug user) She wanted acceptance and made up a very glamorous lifestyle including a "Nanny" for her child. Her lies covered the fact that she didnt think much of herself. I know people like this. I can see her covering up an accident so that people wouldnt think she was not watching her child closely. Unfortunatly that backfired on her and now her friends and most of the nation thinks she is a murderer.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Annie Mossity

I preceded my own theory with the words, "I think."That means, "I think this may be what happened." In no way did I say any of my theories are facts, that is just how you read it, friend.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

two things

1) enter key...use it, love it.

2) I agree with everything you said. perhaps the most sensible hypothesis so far on this whole sham.

Anyhow, I am done..She is out, she is now with a changed hair/face/name, and the rest of the flock will have to beg nancy to find another pretty white family to become overly involved in.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Behavior like this is exactly what gets innocent people executed for crimes when they are innocent.

This evidence was the difference between life and death. This search is THE ONLY EVIDENCE to prove the crime was premeditated. Without the searches, they couldn't kill Casey!

If the State will pull a stunt like this when they know the world is watching, can you imagine what they do to the average poor person!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join