It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Casey Anthony prosecuted with inaccurate data?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I would have to say that despite the media polluting the facts, these laws were passed by people mostly of the ruling elite. People in positions to employ their own ideologies rather than to obey the Constitution because of the inconvenience in getting what they want. Bottom of the ladder to the top, thats what's wrong with this country. Its a shame that there isn't this kind of passion for getting our troops home or getting the corrupt out of DC.
edit on 19-7-2011 by Hillbilly123069 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Well reguardless of our disagreements I have enjoyed your outlook on this and appreciate the preverbial "busting of the chops" you've given me
thank you.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057
reply to post by 31Bravo

This should never have been a "High Profile Case". It was made so by Nancy Grace and her minions. Even now two and a half weeks after the trial she (NG) is still trying to get ratings out of the case.
I followed this case very very closely from late July of 2008. I read every piece of discovery released by the state of Florida. I then researched every forensic point and detail. A search of my own computer will show that I researched chloroform, decomposition rates for different environments, the manufacturing and distribution of duct tape made by Henkle, coffin flies, adpocrie (grave wax). I read every deposition and amid a sea of Casey haters I was the only one who said the state had no case. Another forum that I belong to was all about this case. (and other missing or exploited children) the other forum members (99% women) quoted Nancy Grace and the HLN crew over and over again even adopting the term Tot Mom. They hated Baez, they hated the whole Anthony family (although the wavered on Cindy) Basically they tried and convicted her based on the emotions of an over zealous news crew. The case of course cartwheeled from there and became what it did in the media. Too much emotion and speculation ( including conversations that Casey had with herself as she commited the crime LOL) clouded the fact that the state had so little and they inflated what they did have.
Yes something happened and this beautiful child is dead. My own beliefs (for what ever weight they hold) is that there was an accident and Casey panicked. She put off telling her parents for a day, then decided that any autopsy would show time of death and then her parents would know that it didnt just happen. A day turned into a week then... well you know the snowball effect. I believe that Casey's self esteem was tightly wound up in what her mother thought of her and if her mother thought she was a bad mother her self esteem would plummet. Over the three year period I saw much proof that that is what their relationship was. Casey was a chameleon (sp). She became whatever her friends thought she should be. She dated a man who was relegous and she went to church. She dated a man who was a sports nut so she became a sports nut. She dated this last guy who smoked pot and so she smoked pot with him. ( her close friends said she was not a known drug user) She wanted acceptance and made up a very glamorous lifestyle including a "Nanny" for her child. Her lies covered the fact that she didnt think much of herself. I know people like this. I can see her covering up an accident so that people wouldnt think she was not watching her child closely. Unfortunatly that backfired on her and now her friends and most of the nation thinks she is a murderer.

You have a good outlook, and that's probably because of the fact you studied the case. You are right it should not have been a high profile case.. but the jury KNEW this made nation wide television they just weren't allowed to watch the MSM. You also forgot that she made a statement that she was going to take her mothers "beloved Caylee away from her" because she wasn't the center of her mothers attention anymore.. to me I can see someone that would most certainly get rid of someone or some thing that sparked more attention from her mommy than her.

I respect the way you feel about all this, and just like Saturn there are things about all this that make us feel different.. This is just how I feel about Casey. I do believe if they are going to air a case on TV and have a field day on it, it should be done in a balanced manor they should not convict someone to win over the ratings.. but IMO Casey is guilty.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
To the OP, "Yes She Was." Thank God that the jury saw through all the misleading evidence presented by the prosecution and ruled the way they did. I watched the entire case live via the internet and I would have voted not guilty even if the defense had put on no case at all, just because I felt that the prosecution's case was full of holes and assumptions. One has to remember that the ENTIRE burden of proof lies with the prosecution and they failed miserably, to prove their case.

By the way, the fact that there was only 1 chloroform search conducted on the home computer did indeed come out at trial, either during or just before closing arguments. I remember being dumbfounded by the fact that all the talking heads like Nancy Grace, Grace Velasquez and Vinnie Politan just completely ignored the revelation and continued to harp on about there being 84 searches. And we wonder why they're all X-lawyers, Ha!

IMO, the jury had no choice to vote any way other than how they did based on the evidence presented. It seems as though most people would rather fault the jury for their ruling than to properly place the blame on a ridiculously flawed prosecution. If I were Jeff Ashton, I would hang my head in shame and retire too.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flatfish
IMO, the jury had no choice to vote any way other than how they did based on the evidence presented. It seems as though most people would rather fault the jury for their ruling than to properly place the blame on a ridiculously flawed prosecution.

Absolutely!

There is no statute of limitations on murder. Any good prosecutor would have been patient, developed an airtight case and, only then, charged the defendant and proceeded to trial....even if it took them 20+years to do so. As it stands, the prosecution failed miserably, as they rushed to prosecute, because they were in it for personal/political reasons.

Honestly, the only thing the prosecution proved through the entire trial is that Caylee is dead; and I don't think that fact was ever in dispute. The how, when, who, where and why were all flimsy, lacked any solid evidence and were wholly based upon suppositions and circumstantial evidence.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Annie Mossity

imo,
anyone who chooses to buy into the whole 'george did her wrong/he and/or lee molested her BS....'

*welcome to fantasyland - here's your ticket stub*

The thing about George... is he's a pathological liar also. In fact the entire family seems to be geared this way... which makes me suspect cuban mafia influence of some kind. A personal vendetta against George should have been the top choice as motive in this case... but the prosecution chose to disregard the obvious.

So... now we know that not only is the prosecutor an idiot... he's also a sworn member of the liar's club as well. Why should any of us be surprised. I'm certainly not. JMHO.
edit on 20-7-2011 by shushu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by 31Bravo
reply to post by SaturnFX

Well reguardless of our disagreements I have enjoyed your outlook on this and appreciate the preverbial "busting of the chops" you've given me
thank you.

No problem. disagreements are sort of critical for the democratic process overall..typically the truth is somewhere in the middle when two people see whats presented and see two different things...

no chops were intended to be busted in the back and forth...just perspective. I am not completely dismissive of the idea that she murdered her daughter, I simply don't see the case as being strong enough to convict. I blame them overreaching, and I blame the sensationalism of nancy grace and that jane valez hln crew that turned her into a celeb. Had it remained a local story here, I imagine there would be less rockstar desires from all sides, and more actual work done on the case. the state got comfortable with the conviction the media made for her and decided to simply go lazy...deciding to prosecute on circumstancial evidence alone...and that is exceptionally hard to get a conviction out of (see many other circum cases previously, michael jackson, oj, etc...although oj in my mind should have been convicted...there was dna evidence linking.)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
IMO, the worst thing about this whole case is the fact that no further investigations into the actual cause of death will be done and we may never know the truth about how Caylee died.

Law enforcement will maintain that they had the culprit in their grasp and the jury let them go free, thus no need to further investigate. Once law enforcement makes up their mind that they have the right person, they quit investigating other possible suspects and rarely, if ever, admit that they could have been wrong. Even if it means allowing false evidence to be utilized in order to assure their conviction.

The only thing that I know for sure as a result of this trial is that the entire Anthony household is one screwed up bunch of people. They all seem to be more willing to lie than to tell the truth, even when on the witness stand and under oath. I guarantee there is a lot more to this story than meets the eye but unfortunately, we may never know what that is.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

This slut, and I use that term loosely
, wanted to go out and party so she drugged her kid up (Zanny the Nanny) and left. Then after partying out all night came home and passed out. The next morning when she felt like getting her skank a$$ up she went to check on her daughter, which she KILLED, got scared and panicked. She called her dad because she knew he would help her and know what to do. That wh*^@ cared nothing for that little girl and went about life as nothing was up.

A distressed mother does not go out and get a tattoo that says "Beautiful Life" while her daughter is missing!

Are you all THAT retarded?

I'd run the shank over if I ever saw her...

KARMA indeed...

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Annie Mossity

Good to see someone on this post has some damn brains!!!

I have posted my opinion as to what happened and I think the father and lawyer both came up with the story because they had inside knowledge as to how the process works. Everyone knows all she had to do was not say a thing until she had a lawyer appointed to her. Then she had all the time to make her stories up.

Mother's all over the world hate this itch and who can blame them...

If I see her around there will be another speed bump added to the pavement...

He smile makes me want to puke... Proof America STILL hasn't changed...

New York's next best seller

"How to kill your kid and get away with it" THE PERFECT MURDER
BY Casey Anthony

Published By Baez Publishing House

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I believe casey was the only one whom could of prevented caylee's death. add casey not reporting her child missing for a month. to me that equals child abuse. If I was a one of the jury I would of fought to convict her on that alone but whats done is done.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by 31Bravo

I dont think she ever said that about taking Caylee away. I dont remember reading that but its been three years and it could have been something from early on that I've just forgotten.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmArTbEaTz
reply to post by autowrench

This slut, and I use that term loosely
, wanted to go out and party so she drugged her kid up (Zanny the Nanny) and left. Then after partying out all night came home and passed out. The next morning when she felt like getting her skank a$$ up she went to check on her daughter, which she KILLED, got scared and panicked. She called her dad because she knew he would help her and know what to do. That wh*^@ cared nothing for that little girl and went about life as nothing was up.

A distressed mother does not go out and get a tattoo that says "Beautiful Life" while her daughter is missing!

Are you all THAT retarded?

I'd run the shank over if I ever saw her...

KARMA indeed...
You have her sooo wrong. She was not a slut first of all. What only guys can have more than one sex partner? Hey guess what girls like sex too. Her mother babysat ANY time she wanted her to. She didnt need to kill her to go out. sheesh. Since its been determined that chloroform was not a factor you want to now say it was zanex? No there was no zanex found. no prescriptions, no access to it. Casey was not a drug user. Her friends say this. She was not a big drinker either. Her friends say this. She didnt go out much. Her friends say this too. The 31 days was her in a manic state trying not to think about her daughters drowning.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

So you say but I live in the area and know PLENTY of people who say different...

Where do you live? No one in O-town likes that whore, and yes she is a whore...

I worked in the clubs downtown for over 12 yrs... you read papers...

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Interesting you called Casey a slut (I guess any women who likes to club and has sex before marriage is a slut to you) but you didn't call her father a slut.

Hey he was married and had an affair while Caylee was missing! Funny, not ONE person called him a slut.

As for what "type of mother" parties after her child was killed - the type who has a father who was a retired homicide detective. I bet he told her to make it appear nothing was wrong.

You know what I would call a slut. A news reporter who thinks she gets to decide who is guilty and feels she has a moral obligation to sway public opinion in order to get the mob so worked up they will kill a 25 year old based on sheer hysteria.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daughter2
Interesting you called Casey a slut (I guess any women who likes to club and has sex before marriage is a slut to you) but you didn't call her father a slut.

Hey he was married and had an affair while Caylee was missing! Funny, not ONE person called him a slut.

As for what "type of mother" parties after her child was killed - the type who has a father who was a retired homicide detective. I bet he told her to make it appear nothing was wrong.

You know what I would call a slut. A news reporter who thinks she gets to decide who is guilty and feels she has a moral obligation to sway public opinion in order to get the mob so worked up they will kill a 25 year old based on sheer hysteria.

She was known to bounce around... that's a slut... come to Orlando and ask around... and her father wasn't the discussion here she was. He is a sick fuk as well and I never condoned anything he did either. It doesn't give her the right to KILL HER KID!

SO I ASK AGAIN, because you never answered and detoured the question, WHAT KIND OF MOM GOES OUT PARTYING WHEN THEIR KID IS MISSING?

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Well, whatever we may thing happened, or whatever we may think of her personally, a jury of her peers found he not guilty, she is free now, and double jeopardy applies.
After all, she is a human being, and a Spirit.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Does it make a difference if it's found that she was? I'm not up on the whole US Law, but I understand, or at least understood, that once tried for a crime, you couldn't be tried again for the same crime?

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SmArTbEaTz

SO I ASK AGAIN, because you never answered and detoured the question, WHAT KIND OF MOM GOES OUT PARTYING WHEN THEIR KID IS MISSING?

A mother who's putting on a front while looking for clues as to where here daughter might be... or if already found dead... a mother trying to figure out who in her crowd set her up.

I'm one of those people who believes Casey trusted someone she shouldn't have... and lost her daughter in the process. Someone pretending to be Zanny at a time when she was desperate for a sitter... another woman using Zanny's identity as a cover. Casey failed to do a proper backround check and verify the woman's place of residence would be my guess. Negligence on Casey's part. I'm also guessing some major blackmail scheme contributed to Casey's extended silence... resulting in Casey not reporting Caylee missing. After they had her jump through a few hoops to help incriminate herself... they brought Caylee's body back and dumped her in the pool... or worse... put her in the trunk of her car and let her ripen up a few days.

Because her dad is a cop... I'm gonna guess mafia related revenge.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by shushu
reply to post by SmArTbEaTz

A mother who's putting on a front while looking for clues as to where here daughter might be... or if already found dead... a mother trying to figure out who in her crowd set her up.

I'm one of those people who believes Casey trusted someone she shouldn't have... and lost her daughter in the process. Someone pretending to be Zanny at a time when she was desperate for a sitter... another woman using Zanny's identity as a cover. Casey failed to do a proper backround check and verify the woman's place of residence would be my guess. Negligence on Casey's part. I'm also guessing some major blackmail scheme contributed to Casey's extended silence... resulting in Casey not reporting Caylee missing. After they had her jump through a few hoops to help incriminate herself... they brought Caylee's body back and dumped her in the pool... or worse... put her in the trunk of her car and let her ripen up a few days.

Because her dad is a cop... I'm gonna guess mafia related revenge.

Wow
talk about blind... She was so worried it wasn't until her MOTHER called and reported her missing all the while she is out partying and getting tattoos... Yeah I'm real sure...

Yeah and Casey was so high profile before this THE MAFIA wanted to kill her daughter and set her up...

A poster said her mom would baby sit for her at a drop of a dime so why would she be so desperate for a sitter? To go to a party? Please... Be a damn parent and stay home and watch your own damn kid. There will be other parties... after all it is Orlando... but... you would have to LIVE here to understand that...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join