It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Loch Ness monster-like beast filmed in Alaska

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Loch Ness monster-like beast filmed in Alaska

www.msnbc.msn.com

Alaska may have its own version of the Loch Ness monster, according to prominent cryptozoologists who say a video shows a mysterious marine animal, which they believe is a Cadborosaurus.

Meaning "reptile" or "lizard" from Cadboro Bay, Cadborosaurus willsi is an alleged sea serpent from the North Pacific and possibly other regions. Accounts generally describe it as having a long neck, a horse-like head, large eyes, and back bumps that stick out of the water.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Cadborosauruses filmed in Alaska?

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Could this thing be a real hold over from the dinosaur age? The picture and footage are pretty amazing. The Hillstrand brothers from "Deadliest Catch" are investigating it as part of a new show.

I believe there are things in the ocean, especially in remote places like Alaska, that we have yet to discover and document. There is a history of sightings of this creature going back almost 80 years.

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
The Video on the link won't play

and the photo is just a little to grainy
to make out a log from a Tanystropheus
but I'm more inclined to believe that if something
like this indeed existed
it would be found in the Ocean and Not a Lake

hillstrand brothers

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
It's the Great Eel, rising from the deep to reclaim what is rightfully his.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Why are the photo's ALWAYS crap

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

What the heck why are the photos always the same? You would think they would have something better than a Walgreen's disposable video camera. Aren't these the guys from that deadliest catch show, and don't they have a camera crew around 24/7?
edit on 19-7-2011 by Evil3unnie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
The video was pretty convincing that there was some kind of moving creature undulating across the water and breathing air on the surface. I don't know why it won't play for anyone, could be your version of Flash Player. There was no way for me to embed the video here.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Evil3unnie

I see you found the video on YouTube. That's great. I didn't think it would be posted there so I hadn't looked.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Icarus Rising

No problem I only looked because I could not get the other one to play. Go ahead and put it in your OP and I will removed it from my post if you like. Not trying to take away from your thread.

edit on 19-7-2011 by Evil3unnie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Most likely real, snake like creature. Lake Okanagan in BC, also has its own Loch Ness type creature, a large snake or eel like creature, Ogopogo.

Ogopogo - BC's sea monster

In Search Of... The Ogopogo Monster (Part 1 of 3) Nimoy

I've had family who saw this, same day film was taken at Peachland and put on the news.

So, there are probably a few interesting lakes in existence around the world. I believe this indicates UFO activity and bases myself, and some kind of link. Possibly underwater tunnels.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
yeaa, video won't play here or on msnbc now

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

its ctulthu...err chulthu...err chukathu...err cthultoo...err,try phonetic, cull-thoo-ta.hoo ...err thul-coo-ca-choo
ahhh f*** you lovecraft....squidbob elementalpants

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

I have never believed in "nessy"

If the Hilstrand do then I do too.

Yeah... going on record that I actually believe in this creature now.
edit on 7/19/2011 by mudbeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Evil3unnie

Not at all. Thanks for the assist. I hope the link keeps working so people can see the video. It is pretty convincing, at least to me.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

"In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming."

not anymore.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
clearly this was nessy

too bad they only had the first camera ever made on hand

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

"Accounts generally describe it as having a long neck, a horse-like head, large eyes, and back bumps that stick out of the water"

What I find interesting in all of this is the repeated description of the supposed creature. The fact that the "Horse/camel" head description seems to be repeating. That by itself should raise some flags IMO. It has been repeated from many different locations and time periods. Also the Amerindians in BC Canada carved out a figure in stone of a certain "Lake Creature" with a familiarly shaped head before the Horse came to the new world. Minus the ears of course which are never part of the description anyway.

Sproat Lake, Vancouver Island, BC
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/66b02fa55757.gif[/atsimg]

The Big Study, Ivan's Sea Serpents' Notebook: Summary & Remarks.

CC#1 [#85]: Georgian Gulf, BC, 1905. "James Murray" witness. This sighting is merely mentioned without details, but in the context of Caddy as a 30-40' long horse-headed critter; a later clip says that Murray's sighting was of a horse or camel-shaped head on a lengthy neck, and a serpentine body swimming with a sidewinder motion. He asserted that he was thoroughly familiar with seal-like animals and this was not that;

CC#3 [#87]: Cadboro Bay, BC, just pre-1939. Submarine cable layers disturbed the beast at depth." His total length was about 40 feet. The head was as big as that of a horse and shaped the same, though it had no ears. It was chestnut brown in colour, with hair on the head and body. No fins or tail as far as we could see. When it opened its mouth its teeth were two inches long. It was accompanied by a smaller one. Junior was the same, but half size."

CC#7 [#91]: Vernon Bay/Effingham, BC, 1947. Carcass as pictured to the left. This carcass was measured at 45' long. It had a skull 12" across and was said to resemble a horse or a camel. It counted 145 vertebrae. It apparently was transported around on display.

CC#8 [#92]: Coast of Vancouver, BC, 1951. This might be a case or merely a summary of claims [difficult to be sure]. Body like snake, smooth back rather than finned. Horse mane. Coiled appearance. Head like a camel, and body c.2 1/2' in diameter. Shy behavior. Claims say that the creature also inhabits some interior lakes.

CC#11 [#95]: undated clipping of c. the early 1950s, Esquimalt, BC. Carcass. Eight foot long. Head like a horse. Mixed attempts by scientists to identify [ex. White Sturgeon; Ribbonfish];

Now most seem to believe or assume it is some sort of left over Dinosaur AKA a Plesiosaur. Even when some are confronted with interesting photos of what appears to be an unknown creatures carcass, all too often attempts at debunking the possibility are made and come with simple explanations. Here is a rather interesting perspective. It's short and to the point.

www.plesiosaur.com...
"Decomposing sharks or any other modern marine animals. Decomposing carcasses are frequently interpreted as being those of plesiosaurs.....

All the pictures I've seen show something that is completely unlike a plesiosaur even superficially, and marine biologists and shark experts confirm again and again that these are the carcasses of sharks, probably basking sharks"

I honestly don't think they are all describing a "plesiosaurs" but rather something that has yet to be identified.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d548c03ec94e.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 19-7-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
The video, although potentially convincing, I find to be horribly filmed! Why do people not have steady aim? Really? It's not like you have Parkinson's Syndrome! Just that shakiness for me is good enough to dismiss the evidence as being fake.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Its amazing how many northern lakes have folklore and sightings concerning large creatures swimming in there depths. My guess is they are some unknown huge fish.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
More like an eel or serpent, and more ET than meets the eye, connected to the legends of old, really. I almost see them as guards to some entrances. Think annanuki, feathered serpents. The snake and dragon symbology has been used alot.

In a sense, they're less important than the areas they're in.
edit on 19-7-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join