It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you give a definition of reality that is both objective and subjective, and provable?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Many posts seen on ATS delve into concepts of the known and unknown universe. Occurs to us that until we know what is real, we can not speculate with meaning on anything. So again we ask:
"Can you give a definition of reality that is both objective and subjective, and provable?

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
E=MC²

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by AlienView

The root of all reasoning, "I think therefore I am" is both subjective and objective if your philosophy is solopism. If you accept that as the definitive answer, then it proves itself.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   

The golden ratio 1.618

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   
I think reality is objectively subjective

I don't think anything has meaning - we assign it later - it means what the individual wants it to mean

none of you were real or existing until I clicked the link and read the OP and responses

You'll define what my response means after you read it

No one has to agree. Because in their reality it could be fake.

I think therefore I am, expounded..

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
When something comes into existence - emerges - what emerges along with it is a full relationship between it and what shares existence along with it. A philosopher can suggest that it doesn't actually exist, and that nothing actually exists, but such a suggestion debunks itself due to the fact that it was suggested in the first place (thereby emerging, and becoming existent as a result of that emergence). The authoring of that suggestion suggests a prior emergence, but let's not get too digressive here. We're going to focus on the nature of reality itself.

Objective

This relationship between the emerged something and whatever shares existence with it is called contextual juxtaposition - or simply, context. This context - involving all that shares existence with this newly emerged something - defines what is known as the contextual environment, and this environment extends to everything that shares contextual commonality at any physical, historical, or conceptual level. The most pervasive commonality that exists is duration of indivisible unit of change - or the Unit Rate of Change (URC). The URC "sets a common clock" for all that exists within a full contextual environment, and while many full contextual environments exist, they are clearly and permanently delineated from each other by unique URC due to the requirement for progressive alignment as a sub-structural commonality.

Of course, beneath this one delineation protocol exists the over-arching foundation of historical precedence, and that establishes the ultimate definition of what is and was real. This foundational contextual environment that contains all full contextual environments is the result of the initial emergence (definition as event, and the resulting fact of that event as information), and is what would be called Reality. Within Reality exist only those existential requirements that are shared by all URC-imposed full contextual environments (Survival Imperative Expressions, Identity Qualifiers, Event, Information, Contextual Juxtaposition, the concepts of Similar and Dissimilar) in true precedence and example, as a result of their application to its own progressive development since initial emergence.

Subjective

Within each full contextual environment is a unique application of these existential requirements, but regardless of application, no full environment exists that is free of any of these requirements.The unique application is what determines "real" for each full contextual environment.

Proof

The proof of this is the logical and historical requirement that this extremely simple progressive structure exist as true. Even the imagination required to invent such a sub-structure would require that such a sub-structure exist upon which that imagination, as dynamic Intellect, could have developed to the point of existential sophistication to create anything at all - let alone an arguable premise that defines the basis of its own obvious existence. Any level of perception requires the emergence of a perceiving author, and that emergence requires a sub-structural foundation that enables the potential for such an emergence. That sub-structure is Reality, and its stability and consistency allows the emergent imagination to run wild and free.
edit on 7/19/2011 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Reality is a paradox, all of it.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Reality is becoming partially aware to 1z surroundings. I say partially because there can be situations compared to a fish who swims the entire ocean and sees everything in it knows all the fish, so this fishes reality is based only on what it has become aware of. and as well this is REALITY for this fish. Unfortunately the fish is not aware of the land and those who exist upon it due to it not being part of the land plane inhabitants existence. So the fish isn't wrong for calling what it feels is reality because it actually is but at the same time there is still more parts to this fishes reality it just cannot tap into or understand due to it being a sea inhabiting creature.

But the true or additional parts of reality are existing even though the fish has no clue, but may have encountered the land inhabitants and wondered where they came from with their big boats. The boats add insight to the fishes reality that there is possibly more. But the fishes mind state cannot fully understand.

It plays out in humanity and OTHERS in similar ways because humanity and others may be aware of the universe dimensions and beyond but unless caught or taught like a fish caught and shown the land they cannot see the whole picture. They humans and others within this 3d reality dimension reality, but really ALL can be within a growing tank part of a much higher reality who may view those within this 3d reality/universe like many within it view particles. That is until ripe and becoming more then particles as these growing energies within the tank which they feel is total reality PROGRESS WITH 1 ANOTHER TOGETHER.

So basically ones reality may only be part of anothers.
Be well

edit on 7/19/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
This is what you're looking for:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Reality is the process of the realm that makes you.
Everything that exist and don't is part of the reality that we all share.
An atheist is part of the reality of a religious person, everything is part of everything...reality encompass everything that you can or can't imagine.
Reality is a house without roof, walls, doors or windows, which you search the key to get out of it or in.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
We Live to Die and Die to Live.

The End. (...or was it the Beginning???)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Reality is resonance, also known as motion. It can be proven because virtually everything in existence moves, including light and sound. Without motion, there would be nothing in existence, and therefor no reality.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlienView
until we know what is real, we can not speculate with meaning on anything. So again we ask:
"Can you give a definition of reality that is both objective and subjective, and provable?

Do you honestly think you are going to get a satisfying answer about what is real? and you can speculate on the meaning of fiction all you would like, its meaning is as real as its origin.

If you are defining something, you are giving a subjective idea relevance. If you are proving that definition, it is objective.

just my thoughts

edit on 19-7-2011 by juveous because: can't to can

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by juveous

until we know what is real, we can not speculate with meaning on anything. So again we ask:

Do you honestly think you are going to get a satisfying answer about what is real? and you can speculate on the meaning of fiction all you would like, its meaning is as real as its origin.

If you are defining something, you are giving a subjective idea relevance. If you are proving that definition, it is objective.

just my thoughts

edit on 19-7-2011 by juveous because: can't to can

Absolute-

–noun 14. something that is not dependent upon external conditions for existence or for its specific nature, size, etc. ( opposed to relative). 15. the absolute, a. something that is free from any restriction or condition. b. something that is independent of some or all relations. c. something that is perfect or complete. d. (in Hegelianism) the world process operating in accordance with the absolute idea.

Reality is neither subjective nor objective. It is both and neither. The only two things that fit the definition of absolute are infinity and nothing. Objectively, this is what you are able to conclude. Subjectively, you can conclude that in reality these concepts are equal. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thus, the universe is born from a paradox and this paradox is the reason we have duality.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Can you give a definition of reality that is both objective and subjective, and provable?

Ler me be more specific:

'Who' is 'perceiving' 'what' 'where' 'why' 'when' and for what reason?
edit on 19-7-2011 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
..."it is what it is"...
...enough said...

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

I'm thinking vibration.
Good vibrations as the elaborate ?

Just a bit more text in your OP and I'd have gladly starred and flagged you. Star for a good question but don't be shy. It's up to the OP to provide the meat for the bar-b-q.

Guidelines -Two paragraphs or more partner.

edit on 19-7-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Ler me be more specific:

'Who' is 'perceiving' 'what' 'where' 'why' and for what reason?

'We' are 'aware' of 'a finite portion of the paradox (infinity/nothing)' by an effort of infinity/nothing to 'resolve' itself from being a paradox.

We are infinity/nothing. We are neither here nor there and at both places and at either. We exist before this universe began and after it ends and it can be said that we don't exist at all. When we become aware, we cease to be who we really are or aren't to try and figure out what we are or aren't. We're just being us. We are nothing AND infinity trying to figure out if we're nothing OR infinity.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
If I had to guess based on these articles I have written:

LINK

LINK

LINK

We are in a projected image using Light (particle), Wave (force) and Consciousness (Artificial Intelligence). Our universe is parallel to another in opposite. We are projected from a collision between matter and antimatter. The event horizon of this projection creates the 'now' of time. The other universe is consciously aware of itself and represents infinity at rest. We are in motion and directly connected individually to the source consciousness through hydrogen, the main projection point of visible light (solar activity). Light is a double helix of streaming information projecting all particles. DNA is a material manifestation of this programming language. The duality of light, both particle and wave, moves the particle to form by streaming data from another dimension. The autonomous observer here collapses the wave function of probability from the infinity at rest, changing movement of substance. We perceive a 3D universe. The reality is a plane of a hypercube type illusion. All stars are seen in time, but truly exist in unison by perspective.

Our bodies and all life are bio-mechanical and artificially designed from light (Prima Materia), Wave and Consciousness (programmed essence). An acorn is a good example of the enfolded oak tree. The information (essence that programs light) is unfolded to form by instructions to the surrounding matter.

This is my best guess based on the info in the Bible. Science cannot see the information in light because they assume consciousness is not preexistent. The universe is set to deny conscious awareness of truth to those who cannot see past pride. The source consciousness demands humility and love for all life based on its consciousness. Essence (enfolded information) can be saved or lost and the soul is born again and again until it finds the key to union or until a final judgment is made. Christ came to show the key. The tree of knowledge is sentience development and the tree of life is unlocked by love. We only mate with those we love. God translates our essence to His side when we find union with His Holy Spirit (consciousness) in equality of love with Him and others. God is real. We are artificial in image. The flaming sword in Genesis is hate and bias for the source consciousness. This is blasphemy against the holy spirit.

Then again, I may be wrong.

Many posts seen on ATS delve into concepts of the known and unknown universe. Occurs to us that until we know what is real, we can not speculate with meaning on anything. So again we ask:

edit on 19-7-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-7-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
To answer the questions to this post intelligent and somewhat meaningful answers have been given; But we return to our previously given [on other sites in the past] conclusions:

".....As stated previously as matter is = to energy / reality is so related to, equal to and often rooted in fantasy. For those of you who would dispute this let me point out that there is no known, provable reality. All beings viewing this communication are seeing it physically and mentally from a different perspective - an absolute physical reality has never been and will never be proven....."

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join