It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Bigfoot a remnant of Neanderthal?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
There is growing evidence that man and Neanderthal man clashed in a war of attrition. Some 100,000 years ago Neanderthals migrated to the middle east and began warring with humans. There is some evidence suggesting they may have even bred with them. It is clear who lost the war.

Is it possible as the Neanderthal were pushed back into Europe they might have migrated north into Siberia and over into the Americas?

Could Bigfoot be a remnant of these Neanderthal?

I know this is a highly speculative hypothesis but let's look at the idea:

Neanderthal was known to bury it's dead and cannibalism is also evident. This could explain why no Bigfoot body has ever been discovered.
Neanderthal has large orbital eye sockets,suggesting he was nocturnal. It's widely believed Bigfoot is nocturnal.

Neanderthal was a big brained and highly intelligent. Bigfoot must be intelligent in order to avoid detection.
Neanderthal was a big hairy powerful primate. Bigfoot is thought to be a big hairy powerful primate.

Could it be that in order to survive Neanderthal has evolved to avoid humans at all cost?
Here is the video that sparked my imagination:

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Maybe theyre ghosts of our ancestors or the neandertals? Who knows...

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
The black and white figure looks sort of like "Oliver".
www.youtube.com...
The pic is a little more muscular though...

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by strafgod

Maybe theyre ghosts of our ancestors or the neandertals? Who knows...

If Bigfoot is not a ghost better watch out for him, he could be your mortal enemy.
edit on 18-7-2011 by flyingfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by flyingfish

I'd have to say no. If bigfoot exists (which I DO believe) and can be tied to anything we're familiar with, I'd be more likely to go with gigantopithecus due to sizes involved and whatnot.

As far as neanderthal being cannibalistic and the lack of bigfoot remains, it's not a good fit as cannibals still tend to leave skeletal remains behind showing evidence of tool marks and the like...and according to neanderthal predation theory, WE were usually the prey

NP theory is pretty awesome as well, I'd like to do some more looking into it, but bigfoot seems to have something else going on. With all the weirdness involved, I'm believing they are either VERY stealthy and cover up all their remains very very well, or there is actually a more 'mystical' and ethereal phenomena occurring.

Cool post, though, thanks.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Reply to post by flyingfish

Well that would be quite interesting. Having a big foot as a mortal enemy haha.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

Thanks for the reply.
I often thought about Gigantapithicus being Bigfoot, but is it possible that Neanderthal has evolved over 100,000 years into something we see today as a Bigfoot?
After all he was around much more recently and out smarts Gigantapithicus.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by flyingfish

I too see Gigantapithicus, as being Bigfoot in question. Neanderthal was assimilated into Homo sapien.
Could be a possible mix as noted, but seems more unlikely. Thanks for sharing!

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
you should read crichtons "eaters of the dead"

skip the movie tho

all the physical evidence seems to point to a creature much larger than neandertal as far as BF goes. interesting idea, but if BF is real, I belive it is more of a gigantopithicus desendant than neandertal

just my opinion, of course

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by flyingfish
There is growing evidence that man and Neanderthal man clashed in a war of attrition. Some 100,000 years ago Neanderthals migrated to the middle east and began warring with humans. There is some evidence suggesting they may have even bred with them. It is clear who lost the war.

Is it possible as the Neanderthal were pushed back into Europe they might have migrated north into Siberia and over into the Americas?

Could Bigfoot be a remnant of these Neanderthal?

I know this is a highly speculative hypothesis but let's look at the idea:

Neanderthal was known to bury it's dead and cannibalism is also evident. This could explain why no Bigfoot body has ever been discovered.
Neanderthal has large orbital eye sockets,suggesting he was nocturnal. It's widely believed Bigfoot is nocturnal.

Neanderthal was a big brained and highly intelligent. Bigfoot must be intelligent in order to avoid detection.
Neanderthal was a big hairy powerful primate. Bigfoot is thought to be a big hairy powerful primate.

Could it be that in order to survive Neanderthal has evolved to avoid humans at all cost?
Here is the video that sparked my imagination:

I hate to burst your bubble but there is absolutly no evidence that Neanderthal clashed with modern man, In fact recent DNA evidence shows that they interbred... alot. Also Neanderthal was nothing like what is reported in Bigfoot sightings.Neanderthal was = in intellegence to man at that time, did not have hair all over its body,was skilled at crafting elaborate tools such as axes and arrows, wore stitched clothing, and painted ornate cave paintings in caves all over Europe. so with that in mind i have to say that your theory is completly barmy.
edit on 18-7-2011 by auraelium because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

I just don't see Gigantapithicus as having the smarts like Neanderthal.The only thing that makes Gigantapithicus fit into Bigfoot's shoes are his size and even then I think the average Gigantapithicus was much larger than Bigfoot.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Ideas like this have been offered up over the years, with no clear consensus among the bigfoot community. What I have attempted to do in the past, unsuccessfully, among many others, is attempt to fit what is reported about bigfoot, size, movement etc, into the categories of different pre-human creatures.

Many speculate that sasquatch may in fact be Gigantopithecus, and there are some similarities between the two, but not enough is really known. G.P. was thought to walk bi-pedally as well as quadripedally, and there are a few reports of bigfoots going down on all fours. From what I have read though, most accounts report a bipedal creature.

I believe if bigfoot is real, it is a non-human branch of our species. Where the branch occurred is entirely too speculative, but it doesn't hurt to theorize. I mean, there are so many possibilities. Australopithecus, Paranthropus, Gigantopithecus, Neanderthal, etc.

I'm sure someone has noted the similarities between the different possibilities and sightings of sasquatch, but I haven't seen anything like that in a while. It may be beneficial for you to start some research like this, if only to compare your findings to what others have observed and theorized. Actually, that sounds like a good project for me, since I don't have anything going on at the moment. Maybe we could compare after finishing our research.
edit on 7/18/11 by JiggyPotamus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Thanks guys, im never going camping again lol. Those creatures look scary as fuc8, early humans def had their work cut out for them dealing with such beasts.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by auraelium

I hate to burst your bubble but there is absolutly no evidence that Neanderthal clashed with modern man In fact recent DNA evidence shows that they interbred... alot.

What evidence do you need?
They existed at the same time in the same place.
Even brothers war with each other, I don't believe it was the big happy orgy you suggest.
Sorry, your ignorance did not burst my bubble.

Also Neanderthal was nothing like what is reported in Bigfoot sightings.

I disagree with you.

.Neanderthal was = in intellegence to man at that time, crafted tools. wore clothes, and painted cave paintings in caves all over Europe. so with that in mind i have to say that your theory is completly barmy.

There is evidence of tool making but clothes?Link please.
FYI this is not my theory just hypothetical idea that I wish to discuss intelligently, so leave your school boy insults in the playground.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

Ideas like this have been offered up over the years, with no clear consensus among the bigfoot community. What I have attempted to do in the past, unsuccessfully, among many others, is attempt to fit what is reported about bigfoot, size, movement etc, into the categories of different pre-human creatures. Many speculate that sasquatch may in fact be Gigantopithecus, and there are some similarities between the two, but not enough is really known. G.P. was thought to walk bi-pedally as well as quadripedally, and there are a few reports of bigfoots going down on all fours. From what I have read though, most accounts report a bipedal creature. I believe if bigfoot is real, it is a non-human branch of our species. Where the branch occurred is entirely too speculative, but it doesn't hurt to theorize. I mean, there are so many possibilities. Australopithecus, Paranthropus, Gigantopithecus, Neanderthal, etc. I'm sure someone has noted the similarities between the different possibilities and sightings of sasquatch, but I haven't seen anything like that in a while. It may be beneficial for you to start some research like this, if only to compare your findings to what others have observed and theorized. Actually, that sounds like a good project for me, since I don't have anything going on at the moment. Maybe we could compare after finishing our research.

This is the type of intelligent discussion I'm looking for
Star for you!
I would love to read what it is you come up with.
Thanks for your input!
edit on 18-7-2011 by flyingfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Doing this on my phone right now, but I just read a thread titled "any non-african has neanderthal blood". Would quote the ats source, but can't.
Here is my little funny:
Bigfoot sightings are, for the most part in places where there are huge white populations...pacific northwest, northern Florida, etc., maybe the sasquatch types are pure homo sapiens and are racist against all the mixbreeds.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Here is more on the Australian evolutionary detective, Danny Vendramini's war.

These findings were predicted in Australian evolutionary detective, Danny Vendramini's 2009 book, Them and Us: how Neanderthal predation created modern humans released last year. At the time, Vendramini's theory that Neanderthals were 'apex predators' who hunted, cannibalized and raped early humans in the Middle East between 100,000 and 50,000 years ago was considered controversial. Now that theory has been confirmed by the Draft Neanderthal Sequence, which reveals that between 1- 4% of human genes come from Neanderthals. According to Vendramini, Neanderthals hunted our ancestors for over 50,000 years and almost wiped them out. “The only humans to survive were those born with modern traits like high intelligence, creativity, aggression, language and guile.” He said. “These fully modern Cro-Magnons turned the tables on their former predators and eventually annihilated them.”

Link

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by flyingfish

I hate to burst your bubble but there is absolutly no evidence that Neanderthal clashed with modern man In fact recent DNA evidence shows that they interbred... alot.

What evidence do you need?
They existed at the same time in the same place.
Even brothers war with each other, I don't believe it was the big happy orgy you suggest.
Sorry, your ignorance did not burst my bubble.

Also Neanderthal was nothing like what is reported in Bigfoot sightings.

I disagree with you.

.Neanderthal was = in intellegence to man at that time, crafted tools. wore clothes, and painted cave paintings in caves all over Europe. so with that in mind i have to say that your theory is completly barmy.

There is evidence of tool making but clothes?Link please.
FYI this is not my theory just hypothetical idea that I wish to discuss intelligently, so leave your school boy insults in the playground.

Neanderthal Woman...

Neanderthal man...

Neanderthal Child

see... look like a Bigfoot to you? these are all reconstructions from real skeltons done by forensic scientists.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
most bigfoot sightings depict something, very ape like. but there are some that appear very neandethal in nature
such as the nuk luk, a creature in the north west territiories, appears to be not quite human, but has several human charecteristcs. such ascrude clothes and tools

Nuk-luk – Northwest Territories (Canada)Nahani Butte in the Canadian Northwest Territories is the reported home to Nuk-luk , translated from Inuit as ‘Man of the Bush’, and the only real difference between Nuk-luk and Sasquatch might be that local legend paints the Man of the Bush to be much more like a Neanderthal type creature than an ape, though it is purported to have long hair, a broad and stocky musculature and an odd smell. There is indication in early reports of Nuk-luk that it has adapted a culture of its own, wearing crude boots and using stone tools, but there is very little real information due to the extremely remote locale
The earliest known report of Nuk-luk outside of Inuit culture was in 1964, but local Eskimo stories suggest that the creature(s) have been living in the area of Nahani Butte for more than 3000 years.

but as for sasquatch, i more think, it and ape like gigantopithicus

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

I'm going by more recent data that suggest earlier models of Neanderthal "like the ones you posted" based on human faces are misleading, and that primates provide a better analogue for reconstructing facial characteristics of Neanderthals.
Here is a more accurate comparison when you match a Neanderthal skull profile, it fits perfectly into the profile of a chimpanzee

Evolutionary detective Danny Vendramini argues in 'Them and Us' that anthropomorphism -our propensity to see Neanderthals much like ourselves- has blurred western thinking on all things Neanderthals. He argues that facial reconstructions on Neanderthals based on human faces are misleading, and that primates provide a better analogue for reconstructing facial characteristics of Neanderthals.

forensic reconstruction of the La Ferrassie neanderthal One of the world's foremost digital sculptors, Madrid based Arturo Balseiro (below) was commissioned to create a forensic reconstruction of a Neanderthal based on Vendramini's NP theory.

The new face of Neanderthal.

Link

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join