It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SU-27M show off

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Wow, check this out.
A SU-27M shooting flares on a flightshow in Moscow yesterday.

It�s not a new plane though.
The first of six prototypes (successively T-10S-70, Su-27M, Su-35) flew on June 28, 1988

SUKHOI Su-35 (Su-27M) Flanker

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I assume it was part of an airshow? The planes colors looks as if it belongs to one of thier demonstration teams

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
I assume it was part of an airshow? The planes colors looks as if it belongs to one of thier demonstration teams

Yes, you�re right FredT. An airshow it was.

(Easy to mix up certain words when english is not my native language...)

So the demonstration teams have their own colors..., I didn�t know.
Thanks for the info.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Cool picture Hellmutt thats alot of flares. It looks cool makes me want to go to a airshow

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Some of those flares have to be comming from another aircraft. Thats what I love about the Russians. They put on a great show. Saw them in paris once and the hair stood on the back of my head. The pilots on thier teams seem to have a total disrgard for persoanl safety and it makes for a awesum show!

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
Cool picture Hellmutt thats alot of flares. It looks cool makes me want to go to a airshow

This was the "picture of the day" on a norwegian news-site.

Thats what I love about the Russians. They put on a great show. The pilots on thier teams seem to have a total disrgard for persoanl safety and it makes for a awesum show!

They�ve had a couple of spectacular crashes too, during airshows...

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Its changed some but the airshows in Europe were alot different than those in the US.

At US airshows all of the enery is parallel to the runway, if there is a mistake it generaly avoids the crowd. However, the airshows in Europe were more spectacular for that reason. After the crash by the Italian team that killed all thos epeople, I think most of the shows now keeping the energy away from the crowds.

I can still rember being at the Paris Airshow and seeing a a cobra for the fist time. I believe my words were WHAT THE F&*^ was that?

jra

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Looks like it's the Russian Knights. I sure wish we'd get some Russian aircraft over here again. The came a couple times in the early 90's. Hell I'd love to see some more Europian aircraft. This years airshow isn't that great. It just the same stuff that we've had for the past 5 years... minus some stuff like the F-117, B-1, B-52 and the F-14.

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 03:16 AM
link   
yeah its the Russian Knights they are Russia's Su-27 team and Strizhi is the Mig-29 team. It's a standard manoeveur during their shows and it looks awesome to watch it on video. I'm pretty sure you can download a video of them at their website, its a good watch.

They had a report on it on ITV(Russian News) today on pay-tv.

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Yes it would be kool to see some US jets do daring maneuvers near the crowd, but the concern for the public and their safety blah blah blah... All I�m saying is it wouldn't hurt if the blue angels fly 70 feet above the crowd doing 400knots.
Any one up for a haircut ?

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 06:57 AM
link   
i wish the blue angels would fly in my timezone they are an awesome team

jra

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 07:43 AM
link   
That's why i never go to airshows anymore. Everything is too far away. Not good for picture taking. I just go early in morning when everything is leaving. It's actually more exciting then the airshow sadly. The jets tend to fly faster and i can park my car on the road that goes along side the runway or at the end of the runway (which is really cool). Had an F-14 fly so low over my head that the wind it made blew my hair back a bit. Got a photo of it coming right at me too. Got lots of other nice shots too.

But yeah it's so much more exciting having something flying over you.

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by jra
But yeah it's so much more exciting having something flying over you.

You mean... like this...?

No one was killed...(MPG)

jra

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 10:09 PM
link   
heh... no, i kinda prefer it when they don't crash.

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by jra
heh... no, i kinda prefer it when they don't crash.

Naturally...

BTW, this clip was extremely hard to find. So grab it while you can if you want it, because it might be gone tomorrow. I think Sweden has been hiding this crash-video well. Try yourself and see if you can find it. Search for JAS (name of the plane) and try and find the video, then you see what I mean. This was the second crash with this type of plane (it was the same pilot). The other crash was filmed too, maybe some can find a video of that?
Not good for business. They want to sell this plane after all . Maybe Norway will buy some?

EDIT: No disrespect to neither the plane nor the pilot. It is a very good plane. And the pilot did a very good job getting the plane away from the crowd.

[edit on 2004/8/15 by Hellmutt]

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Naturally...

BTW, this clip was extremely hard to find. So grab it while you can if you want it, because it might be gone tomorrow. I think Sweden has been hiding this crash-video well. Try yourself and see if you can find it. Search for JAS (name of the plane) and try and find the video, then you see what I mean. This was the second crash with this type of plane (it was the same pilot). The other crash was filmed too, maybe some can find a video of that?
Not good for business. They want to sell this plane after all . Maybe Norway will buy some?

EDIT: No disrespect to neither the plane nor the pilot. It is a very good plane. And the pilot did a very good job getting the plane away from the crowd.

[edit on 2004/8/15 by Hellmutt]

Well first I should say I'm swedish and probably very biased in my reply.. But anyway, the video is not being "hidden" by anyone.. Trying to hide anything that already has landed on the net is futile.. And since they showed the clip about a gazzillion times on TV when it happened I suspect there should have been quite many files around showing it.. But since it was quite some time back it happened it's probably just a question of people cleaning out their hard drives..
Anyone in the airforce know-how realises that planes crash. Especially during it's development phase like the JAS 39 Griphon(Gripen) in the video was. And always when someone is watching

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt
with this type of plane (it was the same pilot). The other crash was filmed too, maybe some can find a video of that?

Did they ever find a cause? It looks like a botched cobra. Or he experience uncommanded controll movements and lost controll of the AC. Good job not hitting any buildings...

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Did they ever find a cause? It looks like a botched cobra. Or he experience uncommanded controll movements and lost controll of the AC. Good job not hitting any buildings...

The cause was that the plane is unstable like most late-generation planes. When the pilot was performing the show and doing a hard turn the system got a bug and started it's own show. All this because someone wanted to show off the plane before it was fully ready! It's such a classic case of economy prevailing over common sence..

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Good job not hitting any buildings...

Indeed.
The green-spot it crashed on was very small and in the middle of Stockholm (The Capitol of Sweden). It was actually some kind of miracle it didn�t hit any buildings or people.

And Clownface, maybe I overstated that "hidden" comment just a little because I was looking for it for hours. Then I finally found it on a german site and not by using "JAS" as search-word...

The JAS 39 is indeed a very nice plane. I�m norwegian myself, and I hope Norway will buy them.

top topics

join