It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

64 missile warheads stolen from train

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
64 Missiles is alot of cargo to transport in a world looking hard for it. Even in peaceful times, that would represent quite a risk to move out of Europe. I know they aren't as fanatic about security as the Gestapo in America has become but even the European security would likely catch any group of these being moved.

I'm betting this is just enough to keep a cell or two or 10 in good supply of plastic explosives right there in the heart of Europe. While everyone is looking for intact warheads being smuggled out as units to sell, these guys will be molding silly putty to everything imaginable in an effort to smuggle the usable parts of the warheads where they can do the most with it.

You would think when they are transporting a fairly LARGE quantity of live ordinance and not just empty tubes or vehicles, they would have some security fitting the lengths any terrorist group would go to in getting such 'treasure'. Oh this is very bad...and I hope some real people pay dearly for the lax security which would make this possible.
edit on 18-7-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
thats no good. hopefully weapons arnt stolen next

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
people don't steal 64 missile parts without someone ready to buy it. this is like a james bond movie, except it's real.

i can only imagine the people involved. bulgarian organized crime are known to be ruthless and fearless and have ties to russian mafia.

most likely they have already been signed, sold and delivered.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
If you scraped the war heads for the explosives how much would that be? How big of a bomb could you build? How many small bombs could you build? I bet that may have been the reason they were stolen in the first place.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
guys relax its not like there nukes.No how much explosive materials get stolen?
Hell cars stolen in the USA end up in terrorists hands and used as explosives in places like iraq. this is nothing

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Tempest in a teacup.

Even if they were loaded with the explosive package it's just a bit more Semtex on the market. There are TONS of the stuff out there. In some places you get a chicken in trade for a kilo of it- it's that common.

Whoever made off with these things has a collection of expensive paperweights or a thousand bucks or so in scrap metals.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fitch303
First of all those are rockets, not missiles. Rockets are FAR less sophisticated and it's a regular artillery warhead.........nothing top secret or special about them at all. Second, these devices were designed by the soviets so I doubt any of the countries you listed don't already have this technology to begin with. The people who stole these weapons are most likely "terrorists" and not foreign countries.

That is pretty much exactly what I was about to post Fitch. Starred ya.

<< 1   >>

join