It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

64 missile warheads stolen from train

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
But of course, as always, they say all is safe...

AUTHORITIES are investigating the theft of 64 missile warheads from a train transporting military equipment to Bulgaria.

Interior ministry spokesman Marius Militaru said Sunday the components are not dangerous on their own - only when integrated into missile systems. Prosecutors said on nday they are investigating the theft.

Officials did not respond to inquiries regarding if the warheads contained explosives.

They are warheads, of course they contain explosives....

Tohan Zarnesti, the Romanian company that was shipping the warheads, produces artillery ammunition, ground to ground missiles and air to ground missiles and warheads for 122mm missiles.

A lot of countries (China-Russia-Iran-NKorea-Syria-Egypt) would like that warhead technology...
edit on 18-7-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
That's always good.

Glad I prep!!!

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Interior ministry spokesman Marius Militaru said Sunday the components are not dangerous on their own - only when integrated into missile systems. Prosecutors said on nday they are investigating the theft.

Well I doubt they were stolen to decorate an apartment. And if they were sold for parts, then maybe someone just completed their set. This is dangerous. Very dangerous.

Wouldn't the end goal of "missile parts" be to make a missile?

Nice way to try and down play.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
64? Thats it? Aww Shucks

Nothing to see here guys, no danger ahead.

Im sick of hearing all these dangerous scenarios coming into place just to hear that theres no threat or danger, weather its an extreme amount of radiation, nukes, missiles or bombs missing, this is ridiculous.

When 64 warheads go missing, thats not just 1 or 2 people that were irresponsible.

Sounds more like a mission that was a success

First country that came into mind was Iran...

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Sound's like a fast and furious mission
, If they have been recovered then all is good, If not then lets hope they have not fallen into the wrong hands

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by SieMa
Sound's like a fast and furious mission
, If they have been recovered then all is good, If not then lets hope they have not fallen into the wrong hands

Obama and the BATF sold them to Mexican drug lords, just to track them.

I am sure if he could, he would.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Scrap metal thieves my ass. NBC, you truly are stupid.
www.cnbc.com...

edit on 18-7-2011 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Military prosecutors and the gendarmerie have started an investigation and one scenario that is taken into consideration is that the warhead components were stolen by thieves to be sold as scrap metal, the paper reported.

So some random thieves passed the train thinking "dude, we can make money, there must be a crap load of metal in the train" then proceed to break open the door to see 4 boxes of "military equipment" I wonder if the boxes were labeled or not, and these guys actually had enough time to haul 4 boxes off this train with the "assumption" that its just scrap metal?!

I know 5yr olds that lie better than this, it just sounds retarded on every level

One would think carrying something like that, there would be a little more oversight or security.....go figure

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
This made me think of all the train derailments over the past couple months. I remember seeing these in the news and thought that there seemed to be an awful lot of them recently. Wonder if there is a connection?

JT

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
You have a lot of bored unemployed muslims in Europe.

It was only a matter of time before they started walking the railroad tracks at night over there and realized theres only a plastic zip tie type lock securing those rail cars.

I did some research on Europe's rail system staggering around them early in the morning attempting to find our way home...

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
So worst case scenario, somebody is short 64 warheads for 122 mm missles?
These would be ground to ground?
Bound for an unspecified country?
Id say they were headed for Syria.Possibly Lebanon.
Its a very likely scenario that Mossad would hijack such things when they can to stop the proliferation of such offensive hardware in the immediatee border areas....I doubt the range of these missile is more that 50 miles is it?
(Mind you one could hit a lot of targets in Isreal in a fifty sq mi area....)
yep my contention is they were stolen by the Isrealis, perhaps with the collusion of the Bulgarians, to keep them out of the arabs hands.
The Bulgarians probably got paid twice this way........

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I don't understand why the Eastern Europeans always leave all this military hardware unprotected. How many times now have we heard about all sorts of stuff that was stolen either while in transit or right from ON A FREAKING MILITARY BASE!? Too many times to count.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
But of course, as always, they say all is safe...

AUTHORITIES are investigating the theft of 64 missile warheads from a train transporting military equipment to Bulgaria.

Tohan Zarnesti, the Romanian company that was shipping the warheads, produces artillery ammunition, ground to ground missiles and air to ground missiles and warheads for 122mm missiles.

A lot of countries (China-Russia-Iran-NKorea-Syria-Egypt) would like that warhead technology...
edit on 18-7-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

First of all those are rockets, not missiles. Rockets are FAR less sophisticated and it's a regular artillery warhead.........nothing top secret or special about them at all. Second, these devices were designed by the soviets so I doubt any of the countries you listed don't already have this technology to begin with. The people who stole these weapons are most likely "terrorists" and not foreign countries.
edit on 18-7-2011 by Fitch303 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
First of all those are rockets, not missiles. Rockets are FAR less sophisticated and it's a regular artillery warhead.........nothing top secret or special about them at all. Second, these devices were designed by the soviets so I doubt any of the countries you listed don't already have this technology to begin with. The people who stole these weapons are most likely "terrorists" and not foreign countries.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Romanian made and on the way to Bulgaria. China-Russia-Iran-NKorea-Syria-Egypt will be sure to squabble over these goodies.

More than likely they will be strapped to a radical and detonated in a cafe or night club; unless they are found.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Guys/ladies, these devices were designed by the soviet union. All the countries mentioned ((China-Russia-Iran-NKorea-Syria-Egypt)) already have their own version of this weapon. The post above this one is the most likely scenario

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Inside job, hands down.

Now... are these configurable to Nuclear tips? I suspect that by now they are in Iran... Iran would readily welcome 64 warheads it would probably take years to make, IF they suspected an imminent attack from the west.

Investigate all you want - whatcha gonna do about it... GO TO WAR?

Tomorrow, a reconfigured arsenal of 64 nuclear tipped warheads will start getting programming assuring mutual destruction... by Iran.

Who was it that just completed the latest shocking missle test?

hmm...

edit on 18-7-2011 by Heyyo_yoyo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
You kind of think there would be some armed gaurds with the missles...
i mean wtf.............!

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
The owners of the warheads should take more care,or else someone may use them to hurt people
And we wouldnt want that now ,would we?
I take more care making sure the kids cant reach the kitchen knives,

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
These were not nuclear weapons nor were they ballistic missiles.

They were nothing more than conventional HE rockets and artillery rounds filled with an RDX and PETN blend which is as common as bird crap from one end of the earth to the other. Heck you can make the stuff in your garage if you can stand the cat pee smell it gives off.

Explosives get stolen every day- the news report is sensationalistic in the extreme.

Another thing to consider is that they may not have had the explosive package inserted into them as Soviet designs tend to be modular in construction.
edit on 18-7-2011 by SFA437 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join