It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cyclists In Burbank Beat JetBlue To Long Beach!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

LONG BEACH (CBS) — Bike vs. Plane? It should be obvious to anyone who would win that contest.

20 minute flights for $4 on Jet Blue. Seems slightly egregious in the scheme of things...the funny thing is, you have to arrive an hour before the flight, board, unboard etc.

Some bloggers, hearing about JetBlue’s $4 fare from Burbank to Long Beach decided to lay down a challenge and see if some bike riders could beat the airline in a cross town race

By the time the plane took off, the cyclists were already in Long Beach.

Makes one wonder if even 1/100th of the population stopped for one minute and thought about it all. I bet the guy that authorized these Flights for Jet Blue was also the same one who dumped 8 million gallons of water out because some guy peed in it.

Bike vs Plane: Bike Wins!

ColoradoJens

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Not to mentions delays and since there are many air traffic it takes time to sort it out. Plus you'll be environmentally friendly by taking a bike

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

Seems a win win! Save energy, less pollution, keep your $4...win!

CJ

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
That's just ridiculous. Taking a plane for that little a time. Is getting in a jet really all that more environmentally friendly than taking a well-equipped car? It doesn't seem that it would save time, either, if bikes can beat the plane.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Riding a bike through L.A,
I would feel safer flying on Air Congo in a TU.154

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
When I lived in the U.S., I'd take my Trek mountain bike to the store, work and everywhere else. My legs and thighs are huge. You can't beat biking!

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Forgive me if I'm being presumptuous or being nit-picky. Did you mean to say "innocuous" rather than "egregious," or am I missing your meaning?

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

I meant egregious like, economy sucks, gas is outrageous, pollution is up, why not fly some planes when you could ride a bike egregious:

e·gre·gious (-grjs, -j-s)
Conspicuously bad or offensive. See Synonyms at flagrant.

free dictionairy

My wording was terrible in my sentence and I can see the reference to the $4 payment as fairly innocuous would be spot on.

CJ

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I saw this on the news and I thought that the bikes would win. Also, if the weather was nice, a bike would be much more fun than a stuffy plane.

I used to live in L.A. and it seems like the bus would have also been faster than a plane, and much easier too. Hope this is not a new trend, as it does seem like a waste of resources.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Planes, trains, and automobiles....

For those that are able to use bicycles...way to go. Anything would be quicker than
Jet Blue...heh...wonder how much hassle it was with the TSA just for a cross town flight?

Doesn't LA have a bus system/transit system that would get people from point A to B?
I know that San Diego has the trolly...doesn't LA have one of those being one of the major
cities on the west coast?...

Thanks for sharing that info...if we do the math..yes, the bicycles did save time...even though the
journey took a little longer...who needs to fly?...another lesson in creativity.

new topics

top topics

join