It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where did all the Flood water go?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by dusty1

That is exactly the problem. The Earth is not smooth. The claims of creationists is that there would be an incredible change of the shape of the Earth. Is there sufficient water without completely restructuring the Earth? No.

That is why creationists invoke a miracle as did the lecturer I heard speak. The miracle is invoked because the science cannot be faked to the extent required by creationists.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Never the less the statement I rendered is true. Ignorance and only ignorance denies a global flood.:

edit on 23-7-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

Nothing is problematic for God. How could the Creator of the universe not be capable of a global flood? It ignores everything God would have to be.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Except, randy, there is no physical evidence for a global flood.
God is an unnecessary introduction and there is not evidence for 'it' either.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
According to Mesopotamian myth: the 'abubu' flood weapon was used. Before using it the sea was barred; middle-earth closed off and the skies were blocked. Furthermore the flood was only caused because man was being too noisy.

According to Manly P. Hall's 'Bumper book of fairy stories' err...I mean 'Biggest lies of all times' err...I mean 'Secret teachings of all ages': the Noah story was just an allegory for the repopulation of the planets.

Personally, I think it came from above the firmament.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Ignorance is it? Ignorance of what?

How about geological evidence? There is none.
What about the biological of issue of trout not being able to live in salt water?
What about the fact that inundation by salt water for hundreds of days kills just about all seeds?
What about the distribution of life? Where is any evidence of the Baja legless lizard between Baja and the Middle East? What did the pandas eat before they got to the bamboo forests of China?
Why is there no evidence of man having to reinhabit the Earth? Pick any time period. The archaeological record shows a place somewhere in the world where people lived at a site without interruption.

Nothing is problematic for God. How could the Creator of the universe not be capable of a global flood? It ignores everything God would have to be./quote]
Are you invoking a miracle? Admitting that there is no evidence of such an event is better than pretending that it exists.

And you might also understand that there is no evidence for most of the big events of the bible such as exodus.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Ancient calendars show we used to have 360 days instead of 365, maybe our orbit has changed since that time, and some of the water has boiled/pulled off of the atmosphere by a passing large gravity body. Just a thought

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
There are all sorts of dates for the floods proposed by creationists. Many overlap some pharoah in Egypt. Is there any period in which the Egyptians stopped construction? Did people move back to Egypt and make like bacteria to repopulate the land to continue construction almost unabated?

One of the first people to call the flood into question was DaVinci. He showed that the claim that Noah's flood created the fossils in the mountains of Italy was wrong. He did that elegantly.

I forgot to mention that DNA studies show the flood claim to be wrong.

The only thing that makes this rather absurd claim of a global flood is the bible. The bible is a wonderful collection of stories and suggestions about being a good person. The creation, the flood, most of the history is just fiction.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by KSprepared

What ancient calendars show a 360 day year? There are calendars with a 360 day year and 5 days of festival. These calendars are based on a society that used fractions for arithmetic and a base of 360 made for easier math.

The geological record shows that the Earth has been slowing down for hundreds of millions of years. The Earth is not speeding up now or has it in the past. There is no evidence from celestial mechanics that there is a missing mass in the solar system. That means that the known masses in the solar system account for the movements of the planets. If there had been a large mass passing through the solar system in the last 10,000 years or even longer we'd see an unexplained motion of the planets - but we don't.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Again we're talking about God and there is no such thing as ignorance, if you believe in a creator. Unless you're ignorant enough to deny his existence ? Which leads us to, the universe flatulates it's own existence. The most unbelievable of notions by far. So I suggest you accept that there is a creator and that there is always someone to answer to. It seems people are so afraid that there is a law giver, that they make up any crap to get away from him. But that's just not going to work in the end.

The bigger part of my life has been spent being an outlaw. Believe me there is always someone to uphold justice.
Justice itself proves theres a God who sent a global flood as judgement. Any questions about that fact should be addressed specifically to him.

All I know about it, is what Gods word says about it and that there are many cultures with albeit diluted stories, that being the natural folly of mankind, unlike the Bible that corroborates itself thru many different authors over thousands of years on three different continents.. The Bible kicks ass.

To hello with grammar.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by dusty1

That is exactly the problem. The Earth is not smooth. The claims of creationists is that there would be an incredible change of the shape of the Earth. Is there sufficient water without completely restructuring the Earth? No.

That is why creationists invoke a miracle as did the lecturer I heard speak. The miracle is invoked because the science cannot be faked to the extent required by creationists.

Of course the earth is not smooth, thanks to Isostasy we can stand on dry ground.

I am not suggesting the earth was ever smooth, it would have had elevation differences before the flood.

The earth was restructured, but the Flood does not fit into a Uniformitarianism view.

The fact is that there is enough water to cover the earth temporarily.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

What about the fact that inundation by salt water for hundreds of days kills just about all seeds?

I'll let Darwin take this one.

Darwin believes that each individual species formed in one particular location and then spread to other parts of the world through migration. For some species, such as land-living animals, migration is difficult. Those species may not spread as far as a result. However, many ways exist for plants to migrate from location to location, even given geographical barriers such as bodies of water. Some plant seeds can survive in seawater and float from one continent to another. Birds may also carry seeds in their beak, feet, or stomach (to be expelled later) as they fly from continent to continent. Even icebergs may transport seeds to different locations.

Or how about other floating debris?

Pockets also work great. "Noah, are those seeds in your pockets, or are you happy to see me?"
edit on 23-7-2011 by dusty1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by dusty1

The fact that some seeds, not very many, but some seeds can remain in salt water for extended periods of time does not apply to the majority of seeds. Can oak seeds, maple seeds, orchid seeds, most grass seeds, mint seeds, etc survive in salt water for extended periods of time? No.

That was a good try, but it does not work.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
the 'Flood' water is still here... it is just lower because during that 'Year where the Flood Waters Receded'

was actually the accellerated Earth expansion that the nay-sayers of today debunk.

the Earth is decompressing or expanding (depending upon your interpetation)
and the flood waters of the Noah epoch are now contained by the shorelines of the techtonic plates

the water did not disappear or evaporate or sink into underground abysses...
rather the Earth's crust has risen...so that the circumfrance of the Planet has grown from what it was as late as 4,000bce

this same expanding planet hypothesis accounts for the current observations that the Sun/Moon/Stars are out of natural alignment and the horizon is 'different' reports from all over the place by even Inuets of the far North

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

What does it matter if I believe in a god that is part of a bronze age myth? Nothing, nothing at all.

Is there a creator? There is no evidence of god. It is faith based. I accept that. Why can't you?

Is the rejection of a creator based on fear? No. Maybe it is for some people, but not for the majority that don't believe. For many people to reject the existence of a creator is to simplify the world and to see greater beauty in that simplification.

Justice is a human created thought. The notion of justice hardly suggests anything other than a human thought. If you think that sent a global flood as justice, then you might ask yourself why a baby killer god pretends that a global flood is justice.

The bible hardly corroborates itself. It is a collection of self contradictory claims that are apparently fiction since big events such as exodus left no trace.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Do you realise you can say the same thing about George Washington. Alexander the great.
Sorry but the Bible does corrobortate itself. Why would I say something I couldn't back up or is untrue ?
You know it yourself most likely. Don't argue the easiest points to prove.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by aorAki

Realistically your statement just couldn't be farther from the truth.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by dusty1

The earth was restructured, but the Flood does not fit into a Uniformitarianism view.

The fact is that there is enough water to cover the earth temporarily.

False. There is not enough water to cover the entire Earth as claimed in the bible unless there is a large restructuring of the Earth.

I am well aware of isostasy. Studies of the Earth show that there has been an important differentiation between the continents and the oceans that has occurred over billions of years.

A hypsometric curve shows that continental crust and oceanic crust are different.
Hypsometric Curve

The Earth's hypsometric curve is bimodal, with a peak at 4 km above the median for continents and another at -1.5 km for the ocean basins.

The smooth Earth calculation for the water is not relevant to the Earth except as a means of describing the mean depth of the oceans. It certainly does not tell us that there is sufficient water to inundate the continents. That can be seen in the hypsometric curve.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

was actually the accellerated Earth expansion that the nay-sayers of today debunk.

So you think that the expanding Earth theory is valid? Please give us any evidence at all that it is happening.

the water did not disappear or evaporate or sink into underground abysses...
rather the Earth's crust has risen...so that the circumfrance of the Planet has grown from what it was as late as 4,000bce [./quote]
Please show us anything at all to support the expanding Earth theory.

this same expanding planet hypothesis accounts for the current observations that the Sun/Moon/Stars are out of natural alignment and the horizon is 'different' reports from all over the place by even Inuets of the far North

There is no observation that anything at all is out of alignment as you claim. That is completely false.
There are no reports that the horizon is off either. Are you referring to the melting of the ice on the horizon of a place in Greenland?

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Do you realise you can say the same thing about George Washington. Alexander the great.
Sorry but the Bible does corrobortate itself. Why would I say something I couldn't back up or is untrue ?
You know it yourself most likely. Don't argue the easiest points to prove.

You can corroborate exodus? Oh please!
1. Show me where the Egyptians had a large number of Hebrew slaves
2. Why doesn't the bible mention the pyramids
3. Show me the economic loss due to slaves leaving Egypt
4. Show me the military weakness in Egypt due to the loss of the army
5. Show me any evidence that a group of people was wandering around the Sinai for 40 years
6. Show me that any city in Canaan was taken by siege at that time

The important lesson learned by archaeologists of the area is that the bible is NOT supported by the finds.

The flood is not supported and so much more is not supported as well.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   

False. There is not enough water to cover the entire Earth as claimed in the bible unless there is a large restructuring of the Earth.

It is funny how you keep agreeing with me.

A hypsometric curve shows that continental crust and oceanic crust are different.

Of course there is a difference. There is a reason that continents are above sea level.

Why didn't you just say that continental crust is less dense than oceanic crust?

It is interesting though, that marine fossils are found on continents at high elevation.

edit on 23-7-2011 by dusty1 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join