It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which Category do you fall into?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
[color=gold]Which Category do you fall into?

Please take note that this OP would apply to many many boards here on ATS as it touches many conspiracy ideas and isn’t exclusive to any in particular.

Mods, please move to appropriate board if needed. Thank you.

We all fall somewhere on this belief spectrum:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1fe448ebed79.gif[/atsimg]

Having been here a little over a year, I have noticed that every single member on this forum falls somewhere along this spectrum. When I joined, I will admit that I did fit in the Blind Believer category and now find myself on the Skeptical side of it and enjoy Sitting on the Fence at times.

Please join in, let us know where you’re at and share stories that changed your beliefs.

ATS Predictions Board is a board that drives me nuts but I will predict something nevertheless. Very few will admit to be or having been a Blind Believer and no one will admit being a Naysayer.

But read, and do tell us !

[color=gold]BLIND BELIEVER

This person stands at one end of the spectrum. This person believes almost everything without questioning. Most speakers, most whistleblowers, most testimonies, most stories, most pictures, most videos.

They will support and add their strong points of view to other blind believers in an all starflagging fest meaning “See? I am not alone !!!” “This is the Truth and this is Proof !!!” . As if someone agreeing is conclusive evidence...

Unfortunately, this person loses his persona on the long run and becomes an amalgam of everyone else.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ea50ff114912.jpg[/atsimg]

Their beliefs are non questionable facts and anyone objecting is a shill, an agent, an infiltrator, a disinfo or a closed minded individual.

Because, in their minds, they are not Blind Believers, they are a...

[color=gold]BELIEVER

This person most often finds himself/herself in the experience category. This person has lived something or has seen something. They are on a lifelong quest to find answers.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/669acb914412.jpg[/atsimg]

Since their beliefs stand on their personal experience, they often take criticism as a confrontation, an insult or a questioning to their experience as being a non value. Some believers are polite about it, some get angry, some lose control.

“You cannot understand” is the motto here. Which is true for the experiencer. They will always feel comfort when another person shares the story of a similar experience. For some, having an experience has been a blessing, for others, a curse.

The serious Believers seek and enjoy discussions with others on their quest for inner truth.

[color=gold]SITTING ON THE FENCE

Ironically, this category is like Humpty Dumpty sitting in the middle of the spectrum.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8c43e8637c72.jpg[/atsimg]

This person sits on the fence. One day they believe, the next they don’t. This category falls on the emotional status of the day. With so many different subjects, we ALL fall into this category every once in a while. The wow factor takes over when we are faced with something truly remarkable. The next moments, the questioning starts.

And questioning leads to becoming a...

[color=gold]SKEPTICAL

This person (The True Skeptical) has come to the conclusion that there are possibilities. But until more conclusive evidence is brought to the table, they remain...possibilities. They keep an open mind (most of the time) but will strongly question ridiculous claims and farfetched ideas. Their perspectives are based on logic, common sense, science and facts.

They will question.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5c5957c75d12.jpg[/atsimg]

Even though these lines look way crooked...they are not.

They will also star and flag themselves when good questions are brought onto the scene. They enjoy a good debate and won’t back down on thin ice.

The sceptical mind is never part of a Blind Believer, sometimes part of a Believer’s, sometimes sits on the fence and is never part of a...

[color=gold]NAYSAYER

This person (The Phony Skeptical) simply rejects everything and stands at the other end of the spectrum. The lack of evidence (not absence) is proof that Believers and Humpty Dumpty’s are delusional and borderline mentally disturbed. Blind Believers are an outrage to society. This person sits on his/her high throne and belittles anyone and anything that conflicts with his/her superiority complex (which could be an Inferiority Complex??).

“Aliens? You’re crazy. UFO? You’re crazy. 9-11? You’re crazy. Chemtrails? You’re crazy. JFK? You’re crazy. 2012? You’re crazy. Conspiracy? You’re crazy. “

They won’t question but ridicule the claim and often times, the poster. They will pursue you with their eraser to kill a thread while trying to convince everyone that you are ignorant and basically, an idiot.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0b2d22567007.jpg[/atsimg]

Very easy to find, this person has more posts than stars and hardly any flags or none. It’s just their kick to get on forums and turn everything down. They will enjoy in thinking that they are skeptics when in fact they are not. Not in the least.

[color=gold]So, which category do you fall into?

edit on 17-7-2011 by SonoftheSun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Because I can see so many different points of view, I often
Sit on the Fence........

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
How about the 'Self Righteous' peg label? It goes like this.

"I am smarter and have more common sense than all the rest of you, so therefore, I judge that I will slap a diagnosis on each one of you. Even if you are 30 years older than me. As I look down my nose at all of you. Because I know better. Because I know the answers to all humanity's questions. And you don't."

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I usually jump from the fence to the skeptical grounds.

nice thread

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Its too simplistic - most people will fit every category at one time or another and on different issues. Without giving it too much thought (Its my day-week-month off) I think you would really need at least 3dimensions to begin to find 'places' for everyone.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I fit none

I am Human2.0

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Starwise

So do I. There are many good conspiracies and it gets confusing a lot of the times. Where is the truth?

It seems we're always missing a piece of the puzzle !

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by simone50m

Ouch...

I mean...

Ouch...but thanks for dropping by.

link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

Ive gotta go to work in a sec so i dont have time to post any stories but will come back tonight, im just like you, i became a member June last year, and started as a blind believer, however now i find myself sitting on fences a lot, (my bottom hurts)
I think the main thread types that have changed my believes have been the prediction prophecies, (and ive lately been accused of being trollish along with some others ) because of my cynicism, (this is usually by newer members).
The truth is, im fascinated by prophecy, (Malachy popes prophecy, mother shipton, etc), but im getting tired of ATS members making wild claims of prophecy in their threads, refusing to give imformation, or drip dripping it. It also gets me down when the "believers" say "well if you dont believe, why are reading this thread?, go somewhere else!" Im reading the thread because prophecy interests me, but after year, im starting the recognise the dodgy signs of something not quite being right!!

Edit, even though im a fence sitter, ( I think its a bit wishy washy by the way), id love to hang out with the believers, but have never really had a credible experience to justify it.
edit on 17-7-2011 by thedoctorswife because: bla bla

link   
reply to post by AboveTheTrees

Same here.

Thanks !!

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I was a believer but after years of just taking things at face value I now fall into the sceptical camp, right off the fence LOL
Nothing is as it seems, weather from people lying or just people getting things wrong, somethings are true, but its hard work to dig through the garbage that covers it.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I can no longer STOP seeing. A reverse internal battle, way outside the bell curve. I have no choice at all but to believe.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Though I've had a few paranormal things happen to me over the life and I do fully believe they happened, suprisingly I'm on the fence and skeptical. Yet I fully believe in spirits, ghosts, past lives, reincarnation, aliens, etc., and have had definitely one and possibly a second 'alien' occurance happen in my life (I say 'alien' not as 'little green/grey men' but 'different, unusual, unknown' - an alien smell, an alien area, an alien land. /that/ format of alien - though I do feel the first was definitely a 'space/unidentified/time loss/etc' thing which happened.

Still, I keep an open mind, try to debunk things I see, hear, feel, etc. Definitely on the fence and healthy skeptic.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

Hi Doc's Wife !

Yeah, I've seen some of your replies here and there and we are similar in many ways. The Prediction Board...I remember last year, November...total freak out and I thought to myself "If we survive through all of these, it will be a lesson learned..." and it has been.

I now try to avoid it as it drives me nuts.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I'd say believer for some things because of my experiences but most things I'm on the fence about. The more I get into a topic the more I'm confused lol I tend to make my own conclusions based on my personal research but sometimes I flip flop when I find new information.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I read the categories twice & I don't think any of them apply to me. I come to ATS based on intrigue, looking for knowledge, the other points of view. 90% of the stuff discussed on here I have no clue about, but I follow the threads, I research out my questions of that in which I am interested, thus making me more knowledgeable.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

I'd say believer for some things because of my experiences but most things I'm on the fence about. The more I get into a topic the more I'm confused lol I tend to make my own conclusions based on my personal research but sometimes I flip flop when I find new information.

That describes me to a T. !!!

I have experiences I cannot deny, I get confused as more info keeps coming in and I WILL turn over on my opinions when it makes common sense.

Very much alike !!

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
When I first came to ATS I was a Fox Mulder: "I want to believe."

Now, thanks to ATS, I am more of a Dana Scully: "I want to check the validity of the evidence and double-check my fact before I believe."

Anyway, there are so many different subjects on ATS that one single label doesn't cover them all. I might believe in one thing and absolutely NOT believe in another.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by SonoftheSun
reply to post by thedoctorswife

Hi Doc's Wife !

Yeah, I've seen some of your replies here and there and we are similar in many ways. The Prediction Board...I remember last year, November...total freak out and I thought to myself "If we survive through all of these, it will be a lesson learned..." and it has been.

I now try to avoid it as it drives me nuts.

Aha, because unless you blindly believe then you are a troll, apparantly, i prefer to think of myself as a DROLL cynic. Im still not unconvinced by ETMan, only because of nagging feeling i have about this October thing which just will not go away, and its not based on evidence just a feeling, i dont know what catagory that would put me into tho

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

Im skeptical about most things cos ive worked out media swing in with different parties left con/commie/right/loonie blah blah..in the end i worked out some got a lot more to offer then others.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join