It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which Category do you fall into?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by AnotherYOU

You sound a lot like me. I try to go out of my way to avoid extremism because being at the extreme end of either side causes one to get in a rut and one's mind to atrophy.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
i would say all of them at times. it just depends on the subject. i am a believer about some things due to experience
however there have been times i have been a blind believer and supported something that had been proven fake, but untill that point i believed it.

i sit on the fence with many subjects these are the ones i have no direct experience etc, these threads i often read consider the possibilities and do not comment.

i am skeptical about other subjects, even on some things i believe, it just depends what is being claimed or provided as evidence. and there are subjects where my skeptism is to the extreme, and i tend not to reply to those either.

i would say it just depends on the subject and claims.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I'm a believer. Can't help it

edit on 17-7-2011 by vlady95 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
i guess i am a believer and leave it at that .................

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I would agree with some, that this categories are a little too simplistic.

Having had paranormal experiences, that has somewhat left me puzzled, of which led me to this common place ATS.

I have learnt alot here, debating and reading others points of view, which basically help me understand stuff prior to joining this amazing site, and of course there are those that simply confuse you completely.

But all is good, I see ATS as guide for me to try to understand the unknown.

So I would say, I'm open minded mostly about ideas presented, and will reserved judgment until evidence is irrefutable.

Basically, open to possibilities, so where do I sit then???

Peace

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I haven't been a member long, but the first day I was a believer, the next I was on the fence, and the next I was pretty skeptical...
... Now I'm getting comfortable on the fence after falling off onto skeptical...didn't break anything so I'll more than likely fall off again

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manekshaw
i sit on fence then after sometime jump in skeptical's park

Hey Manekshaw.. we can do the Humpty Dance together as we go to the skeptical's park

But sometimes I like to play at the believers and the naysayers too

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
For me it would be Skeptical to borderline Naysayer because I do not believe in, or seriously question the basis of:

9/11 truth movement
JFK assassination
New World Order
Chemtrails
HAARP
UFO’s
Aliens
Etc…

I really cannot name more because I do not travel throughout ATS to read all of these different conspiracy theories because to me, they just seem worthless and crazy. Some things I am skeptical about at first but when it sinks in I easily become a Naysayer but instead of going around challenging everyone else’s beliefs I just let them be.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I have no idea which category I fall into with my cynicism, sarcasm and alleged trollings. Maybe I'm an "egg". I don't know. Perhaps a shining light will let me know which category.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Just want to thank every single one of you that have replied, I appreciate.

I realize that some of the descriptions are harsh and very direct. When I write a topic or when I reply to a post, I say things as I see them. Sometimes I'm right, sometimes I'm wrong, sometimes it's funny, sometimes it's not. But if I offended anyone (and I think I did) with my view of things, I offer my sincere apologies.

And Simone...

"I am smarter and have more common sense than all the rest of you, so therefore, I judge that I will slap a diagnosis on each one of you. Even if you are 30 years older than me. As I look down my nose at all of you. Because I know better. Because I know the answers to all humanity's questions. And you don't."

Your diagnosis of me means two things.

1 - You don't know me.

2 - That would make you 79 years old.

While it was enjoyable to read the different opinions and I do see a certain trend coming out of it, I will now let it rest. Kudos to those who enjoyed it, thanks to those who answered even if the op was seriously flawed and apologies to anyone that has seen it as offensive.

SonoftheSun.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I once fell into the blindly believing category because of what i have physically seen with my own eyes that it is rather unworldy, but my thoughts have taken a complete turn into thinking of how my thoughts affects my perception, rather than my thoughts determining themselves

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I think that at one time or another.....many of the members here can fall into all of the categories...I think it depends upon what the subject matter of the thread is.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join