It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How is it possible that Numerology is so exact?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Forevever
reply to post by Komodo

I think its accurate because numbers are everything.
Isn't Math the universal language?
I recently saw something on science channel that I can't remember which program it was on - where one scientist believed ALL the answers can be found in a mathematical formula - they just haven't found the formula yet

You beat me to it as I was going to say the same thing about numbers. I was never really aware of how numbers and math affect practically every aspect of our lives until I came to ATS and started reading some of the hypotheses. It's really fascinating and I'm becoming more and more convinced that numbers do hold the secret of everything.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

LOL - the really pathetic thing is that I had to do the MB as part of a career assessment I've been undergoing (which means I had to pay for the damn test) and now I find I could have saved the $250 by going to one of the free numberlogy reports...

Oh well, a day late and a dollar short - the story of my life

Timidgal

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

There are 29 letters in your name.
Those 29 letters total to 119
There are 11 vowels and 18 consonants in your name.

Your number is: 11

The characteristics of #11 are: High spiritual plane, intuitive, illumination, idealist, a dreamer.

The expression or destiny for #11:
Your Expression number is 11. The number 11 is the first of the master numbers. It is associated with idealistic concepts and rather spiritual issues. Accordingly, it is a number with potentials that are somewhat more difficult to live up to. You have the capacity to be inspirational, and the ability to lead merely by your own example. An inborn inner strength and awareness can make you an excellent teacher, social worker, philosopher, or advisor. No matter what area of work you pursue, you are very aware and sensitive to the highest sense of your environment. Your intuition is very strong; in fact, many psychic people and those involved in occult studies have the number 11 expression. You possess a good mind with keen analytical ability. Because of this you can probably succeed in most lines of work, however, you will do better and be happier outside of the business world. Oddly enough, even here you generally succeed, owing to your often original and unusual approach. Nonetheless, you are more content working with your ideals, rather than dollars and cents.

The positive aspect of the number 11 expression is an always idealistic attitude. Your thinking is long term, and you are able to grasp the far-reaching effects of actions and plans. You are disappointed by the shortsighted views of many of your contemporaries. You are deeply concerned and supportive of art, music, or of beauty in any form.

The negative attitudes associated with the number 11 expression include a continuous sense of nervous tension; you may be too sensitive and temperamental. You tend to dream a lot and may be more of a dreamer than a doer. Fantasy and reality sometimes become intermingled and you are sometimes very impractical. You tend to want to spread the illumination of your knowledge to others irrespective of their desire or need.

Your Soul Urge number is: 1

A Soul Urge number of 1 means:
Your Soul Urge is the number 1. With a Soul Urge number of 1, you want to lead and direct, to work independent of supervision, by yourself or with subordinates. You take pride in your abilities and want to be recognized for them. You may seek opportunities to display your strength and usefulness, wanting to create and originate. In your desire to manage the big picture and the main issues, you may often leave the details to others.

The positive 1 Soul Urge is Ambitious and determined, a leader seeking opportunities. There is a great deal of honesty and loyalty in this character. If you possess positive 1 Soul Urge qualities, you are very attainment oriented and driven to success. You are a loyal friend and strictly fair in your business dealings.

The negative side of the 1 Soul Urge must be avoided. A negative 1 is apt to dominate situations and people; the home, the spouse, the family and the business. Emotions aren't strong in this nature. If you possess an excess of 1 energy, you may, at times, be boastful and egotistic. You must avoid being too critical and impatient of trifles. The great need of the 1 Soul Urge is the development of friendliness, and a sincere interest in people.

Your Inner Dream number is: 1

An Inner Dream number of 1 means:
You dream of being a leader and one who is in charge. You want to be known for your courage, daring, and original ideas. You seek unconquered heights. People may get a first impression that you are very aggressive and sure of yourself.

Mine seems pretty accurate.

I did the Birthday calculator, haha, my lucky number is 6 apparently.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I lol'd

You entered: barack hussein obama III
There are 21 letters in your name.
Those 21 letters total to 91
There are 11 vowels and 10 consonants in your name.

Your number is: 1

The characteristics of #1 are: Initiating action, pioneering, leading, independent, attaining, individual.

The expression or destiny for #1:
A number 1 Expression denotes the skilled executive with keen administrative capabilities. You must develop the capacity to be a fine leader, sales executive, or promoter. You have the tools to become an original person with a creative approach to problem solving, and a penchant for initiating action. Someone may have to follow behind you to handle the details, but you know how to get things going and make things happen. You have a good mind and the ability to use it for your advancement. Because of these factors, you have much potential for achievement and financial rewards. Frequently, this expression belongs to one running a business or striving to achieve a level of accomplishment on ones talents and efforts. You have little need for much supervision, preferring to act on your own with little restraint. You are both ambitious and determined. Self-confident and self-reliant must be yours, as you develop a strong unyielding will and the courage of your convictions.

Although you fear loneliness, you want to be left alone. You fear routine and being in a rut. You often jump the gun because you are afraid of being left behind.

The negative attributes of the 1 Expression are egotism and a self-centered approach to life. This is an aggressive number and if it is over-emphasized it is very hard to live with. You do not have to be overly aggressive to fulfill your destiny. The 1 has a natural instinct to dominate and to be the boss; adhering to the concept of being number One. Again, you do not have to dominate and destroy in order to lead and manage.

Your Soul Urge number is: 9

A Soul Urge number of 9 means:
With a 9 Soul Urge, you want to give to others, usually in a humanitarian or philanthropic manner. You are highly motivated to give friendship, affection and love. And you are generous in giving of your knowledge and experience. You have very sharing urges, and you are likely to have a great deal to share. Your concern for others makes you a very sympathetic and generous person with a sensitive and compassionate nature.

You are able to view life in very broad and intuitive terms. You often express high ideals and an inspirational approach to life. If you are able to fully realize the potential of your motivation, you will be a very self-sacrificing person who is able to give freely without being concerned about any return or reward.

As with all human beings, you are prone to sometimes express the negative attitudes inherent to your Soul Urges. You may become too sensitive and tend to express emotions strongly at times. There can be significant conflict between higher aims and personal ambitions. You may resent the idea of giving all of the time and, in fact, if there is too much 9 energy in your nature you may reject the idea. You may often be disappointed in the lack of perfection in yourself and others.

Your Inner Dream number is: 1

An Inner Dream number of 1 means:
You dream of being a leader and one who is in charge. You want to be known for your courage, daring, and original ideas. You seek unconquered heights. People may get a first impression that you are very aggressive and sure of yourself.

edit on 17-7-2011 by syrinx high priest because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Komodo
reply to post by new_here

yea.. kinda spooky huh.. same here.. so .. would you say it's a 3,4 or 5 stars for accuracy??

6 stars, lol

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Forevever
reply to post by Komodo

I think its accurate because numbers are everything.
Isn't Math the universal language?
I recently saw something on science channel that I can't remember which program it was on - where one scientist believed ALL the answers can be found in a mathematical formula - they just haven't found the formula yet

Now THAT i truely believe~!!

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

Definitely 5. It's extremely accurate for me.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by cry93
reply to post by Komodo

Definitely 5. It's extremely accurate for me.

Thx .. and for me, from the site being posted above here it's even more accurate~!

Need to calculate the stars we have for this so far..

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
....numerology is fun to play with but accurate?... no... if it seems accurate, its due to you seeing what you want to see... paradolia syndrome has a nice ring to it (or maybe i just want to see it that way, lol)...

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Ok the part about my Soul Urge is exactly and i mean EXACTLY what/who i am. I am very restless, never finish anything (im currently reading 4 books at the same time and doubt i will finish any!) and i also have a hard time commiting to a relationship (yikes!, although i am doing good so far)

You entered: Carmen (Last name here)
There are 13 letters in your name.
Those 13 letters total to 49
There are 5 vowels and 8 consonants in your name.

What your first name means:Spanish Female Garden. The Spanish form of the Hebrew Carmel. Famous bearer: Bizet's opera 'Carmen', first performed in 1875.
Latin Female Song.
Hebrew Female Guard.

Your number is: 4

The characteristics of #4 are: A foundation, order, service, struggle against limits, steady growth.

The expression or destiny for #4:
Order, service, and management are the cornerstones of the number 4 Expression. Your destiny is to express wonderful organization skills with your ever practical, down-to-earth approach. You are the kind of person who is always willing to work those long, hard hours to push a project through to completion. A patience with detail allows you to become expert in fields such as building, engineering, and all forms of craftsmanship. Your abilities to write and teach may lean toward the more technical and detailed. In the arts, music will likely be your choice. Artistic talents may also appear in such fields as horiculture and floral arrangement, as well. Many skilled physicians and especially surgeons have the 4 Expression.

The positive attitudes of the 4 Expression yield responsibility; you are one who no doubt, fulfills obligations, and is highly systematic and orderly. You are serious and sincere, honest and faithful. It is your role to help and you are required to do a good job at everything you undertake.

If there is too much 4 energies present in your makeup, you may express some of the negative attitudes of the number 4. The obligations that you face may tend to create frustration and feelings of limitation or restriction. You may sometimes find yourself nursing negative attitudes in this regard and these can keep you in a rather low mood. Avoid becoming too rigid, stubborn, dogmatic, and fixed in your opinions. You may have a tendency to develop and hold very strong likes and dislikes, and some of these may border on the classification of prejudice. The negative side of 4 often produces dominant and bossy individuals who use disciplinarian to an excess. These tendencies must be avoided. Finally, like nearly all with 4 Expression, you must keep your eye on the big picture and not get overly wrapped up in detail and routine.

Your Soul Urge number is: 5

A Soul Urge number of 5 means:
The 5 soul urge or motivation would like to follow a life of freedom, excitement, adventure and unexpected happening. The idea of travel and freedom to roam intrigues you. You are very much the adventurer at heart. Not particularly concerned about your future or about getting ahead, you can seem superficial and unmotivated.

In a positive sense, the energies of the number 5 make you very adaptable and versatile. You have a natural resourcefulness and enthusiasm that may mark you as a progressive with a good mind and active imagination. You seem to have a natural inclination to be a pace-setter. You are attracted to the unusual and the fast paced.

You may be overly restless and impatient at times. You may dislike the routine work that you are engaged in, and tend to jump from activity to activity, without ever finishing anything. You may have difficulty with responsibility. You don't want to be tied down to a relationship, and it may be hard to commit to one person.

Your Inner Dream number is: 8

An Inner Dream number of 8 means:
You dream of success in the business or political world, of power and control of large material endeavors. You crave authority and recognition of executive skills. Your secret self may have very strong desire to become an entrepreneur.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Why did you guys include MB in this discussion?

Maybe I'm lost here but with MB I am INTP. These are two separate readings though my numerology info line up with being INTP.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wyn Hawks
....numerology is fun to play with but accurate?... no... if it seems accurate, its due to you seeing what you want to see... paradolia syndrome has a nice ring to it (or maybe i just want to see it that way, lol)...

totally disagree, It's not what you 'want' to see .. because who knows yourself better than you??

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by blackmetalmist

Thx Carmen, however did you put in your FULL legal birth name? If not, redo it and let me know or repost (no need to past it obviously) but also .. can you please give it a rating.
1 -5 stars .. 5=exactaly right on & 1=completely not you

THx ~Komodo

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

So what's your rating ?? 3,4 or 5 stars .. on the accuracy scale ??

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by cry93
Why did you guys include MB in this discussion?

Maybe I'm lost here but with MB I am INTP. These are two separate readings though my numerology info line up with being INTP.

I only included it as something outside numerology (proven control factor) that was something of the same personality 'tool', to help confirm/test or deny numerology (with or without DOB)

interesting to mention .. 3/3 members which said that the MB test matched this website description of themselves....

edit on 18-7-2011 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
So far, we have 4.4 stars of accuracy~!
heres' the data I've complied so far, it's already over the neutral point, meaning that if it were an average of 3=only half of it's true: 4=it's accurate, but with only a few exceptions; 5= it's dead on accurate~! If we take Celebs & Presidents out of the data .. the ratings are ....5~! LOL

and the question remains....

HOW can numbers and letters be so accurate in describing our personalities ?? (please correct me if I'm wrong on your PERSONAL profile. (3*** presidents.)

WITHOUT DOB (date of birth)
STARS / Names
5 Komodo
4 Michael Joseph Jackson
3 Barack Hussein Obama
3 George Walker Bush
5 GisfridMaillor
5 new_here
5 cry93
5 Komodo's best friend
5 Mystic Technician
4 xawesomepants
44 =4.4 TOTAL AVERAGE

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
just wanted to post this up .. as a guide to understanding Numerology..

Number Meanings in Numerology

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

I did it again and did my complete name and it kind of changed. I still kept the #4 for expression and destiny but my Soul and Inner Dream numbers changed. They are more in depth in to who i probably really am. They get into more description about me than the "scattered" Soul Urge #5 previously posted. Not bad at all but not quite as accurate as the previous numbers.

So im going to go ahead and give it a 3.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join