It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How is it possible that Numerology is so exact?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by GisfridMaillor

So I'll give it a 5 stars.. Thx !

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by new_here

yea.. kinda spooky huh.. same here.. so .. would you say it's a 3,4 or 5 stars for accuracy??

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by cry93

So, on the accuratecy scale, would you say is a 3,4 or 5 star?

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I tried a madeup name (Ben Dover) and my real name, and both pretty much nailed it with a few minor discrepencies. Not saying it's bunk, but I don't put a lot of stock into it.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by cry93

Thx you cry93, I cut & pasted to soon; what's interesting is his Inner Dream #.

Having watched 'The Experience' more than 5x..with his perfectionist mentality, which is a huge complement, it seemed he only used his dance experience to preach the message that was put inside him. I can identify with him from personal experience.

I'm going to give this a 4 star. (my 2 cents
)

Your Inner Dream number is: 11

An Inner Dream number of 11 means:
You dream of casting the light of illumination; of being the true idealist. You secretly believe there is more to life than we can know or prove, and you would like to be provider of the 'word' from on high.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I did go back and do my own name variants - they're all vague enough to be accurate to me

does that mean I'm vague?

I did my kids too - also vague - interestingly though they were nearly identical in a few aspects, where I know from experience they are complete opposites - but it was generally accurate

"You have a thirst for knowledge. You should be careful in your ideals so that they don't take over your life. You want to be a leader. You want to be seen as someone who is responsible, and able to get things done. You are analytical. You ponder the existential questions. You get out of bed when you wake up. You have to go the bathroom within approximately 1 hour of drinking fluids. You should be careful in health matters pertaining to your body. You think, therefore you AM"

just made this up off the top of my head - does it not apply to everyone???

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Balkan
I tried a made up name (Ben Dover) and my real name, and both pretty much nailed it with a few minor discrepancies. Not saying it's bunk, but I don't put a lot of stock into it.

understandable .. and I did the same thing.. however, my question remains, whenever the user uses a full real name, it's accurate.. interesting to say the least.

and so far.. on a average of all those that have posted, the average is @ a 4 star or near a 5 star.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Forevever

You have a thirst for knowledge. You should be careful in your ideals so that they don't take over your life. You want to be a leader. You want to be seen as someone who is responsible, and able to get things done. You are analytical. You ponder the existential questions. You get out of bed when you wake up. You have to go the bathroom within approximately 1 hour of drinking fluids. You should be careful in health matters pertaining to your body. You think, therefore you AM" just made this up off the top of my head - does it not apply to everyone???

I'm going to break it down .. and it's a good question.. but here's my take..

You want to be a leader.

I know from talking to/being around/leading people in my life over the last 30 years, ALOT of people do not want to be a leader, and will do ANYTHING to avoid it. Some just want to follow,blend in.

You want to be seen as someone who is responsible, and able to get things done.

No according to some of my close family members LOL .. seriously~!! What about the corner bums who look for hand outs, whether or not it's was their choice.. even still .. it's a choice.

You are analytical.

I and I think that I can speak for at least half of all ATS members that just by being on ATS we KNOW there are NOT people that are this way.
) No not everyone is analytical.

Analytical is one of the 4 types of people. The other 3 are Promoters, Supporters and Controllers. Most everyone has a portion of every personality trait, but resembles 1-2 for the majority.

Someone skilled in using analysis. Opposite of synthetic..
source

synthetic

attributing to a subject something determined by observation rather than analysis of the nature of the subject and not resulting in self-contradiction if negated
source

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I just imputed one of my best friends full name I've known and have been talking to in the last 30+ years and his name has only a first and last.. I can tell you that for a surety that this fits him to a 'T" .. How do i know this.. he teaches and plays guitar, contemporary & classical.

You entered:

There are 13 letters in your name.
Those 13 letters total to 66
There are 4 vowels and 9 consonants in your name.

What your first name means:
Shakespearean Male 'King Henry the Eighth' Sir Anthony Denny.
Latin Male Highly praiseworthy. Famous bearer: Mark Antony, Roman triumvir and general who shared a throne with Queen Cleopatra of Egypt.
Greek Male Priceless.
English Male Highly praiseworthy. From a Roman clan name. In the 17th century, the spelling Anthony was associated with the Greek anthos meaning flower.
Basque Male He adds or priceless.

Your number is: 3

The characteristics of #3 are: Expression, verbalization, socialization, the arts, the joy of living.

The expression or destiny for #3:
An Expression of 3 produces a quest for destiny with words along a variety of lines that may include writing, speaking, singing, acting or teaching; our entertainers, writers, litigators, teachers, salesmen, and composers. You also have the destiny to sell yourself or sell just about any product that comes along. You are imaginative in your presentation, and you may have creative talents in the arts, although these are more likely to be latent. You are an optimistic person that seems ever enthusiastic about life and living. You are friendly, loving and social, and people like you because you are charming and such a good conversationalist. Your ability to communicate may often inspire others. It is your role in life to inspire and motivate; to raise the spirits of those around you.

The negative side of number 3 Expression is superficiality. You may tend to scatter your forces and simply be too easygoing. It is advisable for the negative 3 to avoid dwelling on trivial matters, especially gossip.

Your Soul Urge number is: 3

A Soul Urge number of 3 means:
With the Soul Urge number 3 your desire in life is personal expression, and generally enjoying life to its fullest. You want to participate in an active social life and enjoy a large circle of friends. You want to be in the limelight, expressing your artistic or intellectual talents. Word skills may be your thing; speaking, writing, acting, singing. In a positive sense, the 3 energy is friendly, outgoing and always very social.

You have a decidedly upbeat attitude that is rarely discouraged; a good mental and emotional balance.

The 3 Soul Urge gives intuitive insight, thus, very high creative and inspirational tendencies. The truly outstanding trait shown by the 3 Soul Urge is that of self-expression, regardless of the field of endeavor.

On the negative side, you may at times become too easygoing and too optimistic, tending to scatter forces and accomplish very little. Often, the excessive 3 energy produces non-stop talkers. Everyone has faults, but the 3 soul urge doesn't appreciate having these pointed out.

Your Inner Dream number is: 9

An Inner Dream number of 9 means:
You dream of being creative, intellectual, and universal; the selfless humanitarian. You understand the needy and want to help them. You would love to be a person people count on for support and advice.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

ahhhh but you're looking at people from the outside and analyzing them and saying it doesn't apply to them

the question is DOES IT APPLY TO YOU

and if you ask those people who you believe are intentionally unmotivated or choose to be homeless - I'm absolutely sure they'd find a truth in there as well

even someone who "chooses" to be homeless, probably wants to appear that he's responsible and collects more money than his homeless neighbor

think about it

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Forevever
reply to post by Komodo

ahhhh but you're looking at people from the outside and analyzing them and saying it doesn't apply to them

the question is DOES IT APPLY TO YOU

and if you ask those people who you believe are intentionally unmotivated or choose to be homeless - I'm absolutely sure they'd find a truth in there as well

even someone who "chooses" to be homeless, probably wants to appear that he's responsible and collects more money than his homeless neighbor

think about it

No .. I'm saying that from personal experience, not everyone want to be a leader, yes.. that's a 'outside' view.. but i can say that because people and close friends have told me this and it's from THEM, their personality(which comes from the inside). So, it's only 10% outside view.

But what i hear you telling me is that even though I've lived with my family in my own household I really don't know them? LOL.. well.. what's in the heart will be flexed in the life and time is the truest test of character
(not trying to put words in your mouth, but that's you message I"m receiving :lol

As with my friend above, I can say for assuraity that's an exact match to him for sure but I'm unable to explain it because it's a only a website matching (I'm assuming here) letters with numbers and based upon how the software is set up, accurately comes up with exact or near exact description(s) of personalities.

My point is, what exactly do numbers have to do with our personalities and how can they be so accurate?

edit on 17-7-2011 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

I don't want to be a leader in the traditional sense either - you missed the point
if I only miss one thing out of 10, its still vaguely accurate

Anything as vague as the numerology readings you're getting from that site, can apply to anyone. They just have to believe its right, and they'll conform its ideas to fit their own.

You believe its right, and therefore I'm wrong, and you will grasp onto the items I'm wrong about in my paragraph.

And you're not considering experiences at all in the development of personality as Boncho and I pointed out on page one. Even identical twins have different personalities. My mother and I (again) have the same exact name down to the letter, and we are as different as anyone could be.

However, I believed it was accurate for me, and I believed it was inaccurate for her. If she read the name analysis she would probably believe it applied more to her than me. Like I said before...

It's all very personal.
edit on 17-7-2011 by Forevever because: another line

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

Have never done one of these before and quite honestly, it IS a little spooky:

You entered:
There are 13 letters in your name.
Those 13 letters total to 56
There are 4 vowels and 9 consonants in your name.

What your first name means: Latin Female, A Diminutive of... Lovable, worthy of love. Some scholars believe...was invented by 17th century British dramatist Colley Cibber.
English Female Abbreviation of...meaning worthy of being loved.

Your number is: 11

The characteristics of #11 are: High spiritual plane, intuitive, illumination, idealist, a dreamer.

The expression or destiny for #11:
Your Expression number is 11. The number 11 is the first of the master numbers. It is associated with idealistic concepts and rather spiritual issues. Accordingly, it is a number with potentials that are somewhat more difficult to live up to. You have the capacity to be inspirational, and the ability to lead merely by your own example. An inborn inner strength and awareness can make you an excellent teacher, social worker, philosopher, or advisor. No matter what area of work you pursue, you are very aware and sensitive to the highest sense of your environment. Your intuition is very strong; in fact, many psychic people and those involved in occult studies have the number 11 expression. You possess a good mind with keen analytical ability. Because of this you can probably succeed in most lines of work, however, you will do better and be happier outside of the business world. Oddly enough, even here you generally succeed, owing to your often original and unusual approach. Nonetheless, you are more content working with your ideals, rather than dollars and cents.

The positive aspect of the number 11 expression is an always idealistic attitude. Your thinking is long term, and you are able to grasp the far-reaching effects of actions and plans. You are disappointed by the shortsighted views of many of your contemporaries. You are deeply concerned and supportive of art, music, or of beauty in any form.

The negative attitudes associated with the number 11 expression include a continuous sense of nervous tension; you may be too sensitive and temperamental. You tend to dream a lot and may be more of a dreamer than a doer. Fantasy and reality sometimes become intermingled and you are sometimes very impractical. You tend to want to spread the illumination of your knowledge to others irrespective of their desire or need.

Your Soul Urge number is: 4

A Soul Urge number of 4 means:
With the Soul Urge or Motivation number of 4 you are likely to strive for a stable life. You tend to follow a rather orderly pattern and systematic approach in your endeavors. You have an inner desire to serve others in a methodical and diligent manner. You want to be in solid, conventional, and well-regulated activities, and you are somewhat disturbed by innovation and erratic or sudden changes. Excellent at organizing, systematizing, and managing, you have a way of establishing order and maintaining it. You are responsible, reliable and in the final analysis, practical. Highly analytical, you can see your way through all sorts of situations and generally have a clear understanding of the issues. You are a very honest, sincere, and conscientious individual.

The negative side of the 4 is rigid, stubborn and somewhat narrow-minded. There is a tendency to hide feelings, or to really not be aware of real feelings. Avoid being too rigid and stubborn in your thinking, and try to always see the big picture rather than becoming to involved with the detail. Don't be afraid to take a chance once in awhile.

Your Inner Dream number is: 7

An Inner Dream number of 7 means:
You dream of having the opportunity to read, study, and shut yourself off from worldly distractions. You can see yourself as a teacher, mystic, or ecclesiastic, spending your life in the pursuit of knowledge and learning.

Everything was spot on with the exeption of just one thing about not being aware of real feelings. Unfortunately, I'm so sensitive that I am painfully aware of each and every feeling.

I also ran one for my ex-hubby and his literally gave me chills because the main reason our marriage failed was his lack of attaining what his "inner dream" number revealed about him. Talk about eerie.

So now that you've totally peaked my curiosity on the subject, I wanted to do one that included my birthdate and see how they matched up. Like you, I just Googled and used this site. Here's the report which is a bit more extensive:

This reading is based on —
Birth Name:
Birth Date:

Your Inner or Soul's Urge: This is spiritual and emotional expression more than physical. It is your heart-felt desires, your incentive, how you look at life. Here are your areas of personal satisfaction. Number: 11

You desire harmony, love, companionship, and peace with people; and you enjoy ease and comfort. You have great inner strength. You prefer kindness and thoughtfulness to the alternatives. As a dreamer and visionary, you desire others to know the necessity of living true to ideals.

Many people call themselves your friend. You are a natural peacemaker and diplomat.

You are often studious, attract many things to yourself, accumulate much wisdom. Spiritual and psychic sensitivity are available to you simply by your recognition of them. As such, you have the capacity to develop clairvoyant or other psychic abilities.

You try to reveal the beauties you have seen and known. You enjoy study and accumulating wisdom, especially with a background of music. You are capable of remarkable inventions.

Daily meditation may enhance your already considerable spiritual and psychic sensitivity, and this can allow you to cultivate more human understanding.

Your Personality: This is physical expression more than spiritual or emotional; your outer self, the way you express when meeting others. It may or may not be the real you. Number: 9

You have a magnetic personality, although sometimes appear to lack forcefulness. Your pleasing manner can influence others easily. When not interested, you can appear distant. Usually you appear generous, tolerant, idealistic, altruistic, artistic, and, at times, mystical.

You can seem to view life too seriously, especially when your emotions dwell on the negative.

Your personality is not helped by wearing black. To enhance your appearance and personality, wear colors; clothing that is comfortable but not careless.

Your Quiescent Self: Stripping away all outside influences, aspirations, ambitions, "shoulds", and "shouldn'ts" -- this is you when you are alone; just you and your dreams.. Number: 9

You are a great humanitarian, eager to be of service for the betterment of all humanity. You support and perpetuate effective social organizations whose goals are the helping of mankind. You Love the human race. You are a great artist and your works serve to inspire others on a broad scale.

Your thoughts and pleasure are being of selfless service to humanity in conjunction with personal Love and happiness.

Your Destiny or Ultimate Goal: This is your desired lifetime accomplishment. It is a key to a useful and happy life, and to feeling fulfillment during your latter days. Number: 11

Your destiny is to serve the human race. You see where the spirituality of the world can be improved and work tirelessly to bring it about.

You are intuitive, psychic, visionary, and inspired, with an innate desire for harmony and impersonal perspective; all of which allow you to serve most ably as a diplomat, reconciliator, counselor, and mediator. You enjoy exploring, inventing, writing, lecturing, and working with minute details; and you feel rewarded for your efforts whenever you receive tender acknowledgment from those who feel close to you. With your instinctive response to rhythm, you can contribute much with music.

You are refined, spiritual, inspired, and have a vibrant personality.

Your Life's Path: Here are clues to what fate has in store for you. It indicates the type of encounters, events, and opportunities you are likely to experience along your physical life path. Number: 1

Your path is along the lines of expressing self-reliance, individuality, and the proper expression of will.

You may have been born into a family with domineering, interfering, or unyielding parents. Be that as it may, there probably was tension and conflict of will during your growing up years.

Your life is strewn with challenges and opportunities to express your will, your independence, and your initiative.

You are a leader, strongly individualized, and demand the right to think and act according to your own ideas and convictions. Originality, invention, will power, and courage are native to you. You have keen perception and good concentration.

Be wary of any tendency to start a project, then becoming bored with it and starting a new project before completing the first. Develop your body, mind, and spirit to the highest point of efficiency. Refuse limitations. Cooperate without losing your individuality.

You seem to complete tasks better when left alone. Promotion to positions of leadership come easier to you than to some people, especially if you make yourself invaluable wherever you find yourself. Ambition is a significant driving force.

This one also told me about my challenges for this year, next year and last year but they didn't seem relevant so I didn't post.

So here's how they matched up on the two biggies:

Without DOB
Overall number is 11
Soul urge number is 4

Including DOB
Overall number is 11
Soul urge number is 11

Seems DOB does make a difference in the reading; however, the "soul urge" descriptions for both a 4 and 11 are basically the same.

One last thing - I recently did a complete Myers-Briggs assessment in which you have to answer over 100 questions about yourself. Results were identical to the above so it's interesting to note that a test based on 100 questions about my personality, preferences, opinions, etc., gave me the same results as this numerology report which is based strictly on my birth name. Gives you food for thought...

Anyway, fun experiment, OP. Thanks for the nice diversion!

Timidgal

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by timidgal
Seems DOB does make a difference in the reading; however, the "soul urge" descriptions for both a 4 and 11 are basically the same.

I like this point - as I also said on page one - its a good "guideline" but incomplete at best.
You really need to take in many factors. Your name alone won't cut it.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

reply to post by Komodo

I don't want to be a leader in the traditional sense either - you missed the point
if I only miss one thing out of 10, its still vaguely accurate

Anything as vague as the numerology readings you're getting from that site, can apply to anyone. They just have to believe its right, and they'll conform its ideas to fit their own.

You believe its right, and therefore I'm wrong, and you will grasp onto the items I'm wrong about in my paragraph.

And you're not considering experiences at all in the development of personality as Boncho and I pointed out on page one. Even identical twins have different personalities. My mother and I (again) have the same exact name down to the letter, and we are as different as anyone could be.

However, I believed it was accurate for me, and I believed it was inaccurate for her. If she read the name analysis she would probably believe it applied more to her than me. Like I said before...

It's all very personal.
edit on 17-7-2011 by Forevever because: another line

gotcha! What's interesting is, after an announcement of a plant shutdown a few years ago with a major world Corporation, we were going though a class which would help us better identify our potential career; we all took a personality test,

This had NOTHING to do with numbers, but my likes and dislikes, dreams and desires, knowledge & experience, and what was spooky was.. this test MATCHED that test.

If it was all personal, how was that test able to be as accurate or near as accurate as this test ? That definitely doesn't fit the description of vague.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by timidgal

thx you timidgal~! yes, i too took the Myer-Briggs and it was as accurate as this one. as my post to forever just above. (just couldn't remember the name) LOL..

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
lot of information in that Myer Briggs wiki

this was the only thing that caught my eye but I'm working with incomplete information

Some studies have shown the statistical validity and reliability to be low.

I imagine some participants are much more easily read than others.

Perhaps thats why its all so accurate to you, and not so much to me. I am definitely not easy to read.

I do think we find our own answers in these things though, and that can't be judged as true or false, thats why I say its personal.

When I was 17 I had a tarot reading done. At the time it was not particularly revealing but he did tell me he saw major surgery in my immediate future - his exact words were "probably a root canal". So at the time I wrote it off as "most people between 18 and 20 have impacted wisdom teeth and need them pulled" - that makes it an easy guess - you know being all up in the mouth, and no way in HELL do I need a root canal - I've never even had a cavity. So I auto figured my wisdom teeth would be it, but I went and had them xrayed - came in absolutely 100% perfect - I'm 37, still have all 4 wisdom teeth.

At this point we could say he was wrong (and I did) and I went on about my life.

About 9 months later, when I was 18, I had my gallbladder removed.

It wasn't till much later that I remembered this reading.

go figure.....

so don't think I'm a complete disbeliever or anything - but nothing else in his reading came to pass - and my gallbladder has nothing to do with my mouth - but it was major surgery (albeit an unnecessary one, but thats a whole other story)
edit on 17-7-2011 by Forevever because: needed to move a sentence for timeline understanding

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by timidgal

I like this point - as I also said on page one - its a good "guideline" but incomplete at best.
You really need to take in many factors. Your name alone won't cut it.

yea.. took the test with my DOB and will have to concur, it's a better description..
BUT, the question remains, how is this possible.. LOL..

ARRRRRGH.. it's killing me LOL

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
This is very accurate I'd say. So I give it 5 stars aswell.

There are 21 letters in your name.
Those 21 letters total to 103
There are 7 vowels and 14 consonants in your name.

Your number is: 4

The characteristics of #4 are: A foundation, order, service, struggle against limits, steady growth.

The expression or destiny for #4:
Order, service, and management are the cornerstones of the number 4 Expression. Your destiny is to express wonderful organization skills with your ever practical, down-to-earth approach. You are the kind of person who is always willing to work those long, hard hours to push a project through to completion. A patience with detail allows you to become expert in fields such as building, engineering, and all forms of craftsmanship. Your abilities to write and teach may lean toward the more technical and detailed. In the arts, music will likely be your choice. Artistic talents may also appear in such fields as horiculture and floral arrangement, as well. Many skilled physicians and especially surgeons have the 4 Expression.

The positive attitudes of the 4 Expression yield responsibility; you are one who no doubt, fulfills obligations, and is highly systematic and orderly. You are serious and sincere, honest and faithful. It is your role to help and you are required to do a good job at everything you undertake.

Your Soul Urge number is: 8

A Soul Urge number of 8 means:
With an 8 soul urge, you have a natural flair for big business and the challenges imposed by the commercial world. Power, status and success are very important to you. You have strong urges to supervise, organize and lead. Material desires are also very pronounced. You have good executive abilities, and with these, confidence, energy and ambition.

Your mind is analytical and judgment sound; you're a good judge of material values and also human character. Self-controlled, you rarely let emotions cloud judgment. You are somewhat of an organizer at heart, and you like to keep those beneath you organized and on a proper track. This is a personality that wants to lead, not follow. You want to be known for your planning ability and solid judgment.

Your Inner Dream number is: 5

An Inner Dream number of 5 means:
You dream of being totally free and unrestrained by responsibility. You see yourself conversing and mingling with the natives in many nations, living for adventure and life experiences. You imagine what you might accomplished.

These are my numbers alright. I'm very interested in Numerology also. Star and flag

edit on 17/7/2011 by Mystic Technician because: Edit to add

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

I think its accurate because numbers are everything.
Isn't Math the universal language?
I recently saw something on science channel that I can't remember which program it was on - where one scientist believed ALL the answers can be found in a mathematical formula - they just haven't found the formula yet

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join