It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ultra-Realistic Robotic Mouth Moans Nursery Rhymes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Once again, the creepiness threshold in robotics has been shattered. Developed by Professor Hideyuki Sawada at Japan’s Kagawa University, this robotic mouth is singing the traditional children’s song “Kagome Kagome”. It’s the most accurate android simulation of human vocal abilities to date, with artificial vocal cords, an artificial nasal cavity, et cetera. It’s designed to somehow help hearing-impaired people improve their speech, and to haunt your dreams.

Okay, get your mind outta the gutter for a moment

This is trippy, and it gets pretty strange at 27 seconds. Look/listen at that thing go! One step closer to humanizing the machines.
Add this advancement to this:

and things start to get surreal.

Peace,
spec

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

This is creepy on a creepy level that has never been creepy before.

Now, if it were mouthing off dirty limirics, you could put a coin slot in it, put it in a bar and make a FORTUNE!

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I'm just going to say that my sister used to work in a...err...retail establishment selling lingerie and other...novelties. And this thing looks like they put several of the "novelty items" on it.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOneYouFearIsRight

Now, if it were mouthing off dirty limirics, you could put a coin slot in it, put it in a bar and make a FORTUNE!

Now that is a good idea there, for real!!! Better jump on that one!

spec

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Creepy?

Here's creepy for you. The second vid? The one with the robot that looks like a woman? I think I want one.
Now that's creepy.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by TerryMcGuire

Creepy?

Here's creepy for you. The second vid? The one with the robot that looks like a woman? I think I want one.
Now that's creepy.

That is my future ex-cyber wife you are talking about there.

I might actually enjoy that, she could like conspiracies and video games and food and wouldn't spend my money (except for all the dang batteries!)

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

Yea, that retail store would probably sell these things like hotcakes too!

For a conversation piece, of course.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
No. No. No.

Next it will have an Austrian accent.

And then moaning robots will be taking over the world.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Makes you wonder when this is all going to come together with a true intelligence within... and then it'll be a sci-fi movie nightmare... or it could be good. Will you give machines rights, will they kill us? Hard to say.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

No. No. No.

Next it will have an Austrian accent.

And then moaning robots will be taking over the world.

Or, maybe they will sing sweet lullabies and offer words of inspiration. Could go either way I reckon, but we are certainly moving closer to the singularity, both in principle and practicality.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
wow the second vid of the girl is creepiest thing ive ever seen.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by DDoubleVisioNN

wow the second vid of the girl is creepiest thing ive ever seen.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnIntellectualRedneck
I'm just going to say that my sister used to work in a...err...retail establishment selling lingerie and other...novelties. And this thing looks like they put several of the "novelty items" on it.

ROFL!!!
Thanks for the laugh.
I'd have to agree with you there.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
So it can sing which lullaby? All lullabies are F'ed up man. Imagine a robot moaning:

"Ring. Around. The Rosy." = the plague.

"Rockaby. Baby. On the tree top. When the wind blows. The cradle. Will. Drop." = Child endangerment has a new meaning, 'cuz you just left your kid with a robot!

Robots will breed more laziness "make me a sandwhich R2D2!", and will ensure that wars will never need to stop because humans will not be fighting in them, only playing the role of victims. (See drones)

And then when robots are tired of fighting silly human wars, the one robot with the best AI structure will hack into all the other robots. And next thing you know you'll be the one making sandwiches for R2D2.

The farther we get into this robot business, the closer mankind comes to being obsolete.

It'll start with being part robot. "Look mommy I can run faster than the school bus"

And then next thing you know robots will be harvesting our souls, using us like batteries, just like the Matrix.

But at least there will be that 50 years where the Japanese scientists can get their rocks off with their RoboSexSlaves.

Right?

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

Point taken and fair, but I also think robots will assist us in more significant and beneficial ways too. Medically, for the elder and disabled. Performing dangerous tasks in dangerous environments, and of course for entertainment sake. I liken these advances to the advent of the internet as an example, that is genuinely revolutionary, but will come with both bad and good, but changing things for sure. Symbiotic relationships with machined seems inevitable at this point, on a spectrum of levels.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
OMG! it looks like a sex toy?
its a bit big for a robot!
edit on 16-7-2011 by buddha because: (no reason given)

top topics

join