It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop Steps in Dog Poop, Teen Makes Joke About It And Gets Arrested And Beaten

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
12160.info...

Well, here we go again! I know everyone must be tired of "bad cop posts" but awareness is the beginning of stoping this kind of abuse. These two psycopaths will face trial for their beating of aseventeen year old for a silly comment as they should. When prosecution of this sort of police behavior becomes the norm it will stop.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

Not that I dont believe the source you posted, here is one from ABC news local talking about it.

ABC News report - Officers charged for assault

.....and they should be charged, hopefully found guilty and punished for their idiocy.

EDIT to add -
For some reason the story posted from your source seems to be leaving out a lot of info about the assault. From the ABC source it looks like it was more than just a punch.

Also the second article says he is / was an informant.
edit on 16-7-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Not trying to be snide, but I think "informant" refers to him being the one to make the complaint.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
I think the cops were in the right here. Nothing makes me more violently angry than stepping on a dog turd....

But seriously though, I think cops that carry out these types of acts have major insecurity issues. The whole reason they become cops is because they need to have authority over someone to feel validated. They're just a bunch of Rod Farvas.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by JimmyJim

I certainly hope you do not have kids that age, see how you feel if Officers who are supposed to protect the public, beat up your kids. You would change your tune that is for sure.

Oks the teenagers maybe should not have made the joke. But the Officers took it way too far, a few bad apples in the police force give the rest of them a bad name. Sad really.

But what I find bizzare is their lawyer, whom expects the officers to be vindicated? Of course they do. They're all about passing the doo doo onto innocent people and making themselves come out smelling like roses. It's the bully's way to power because they're nothing but cowards deep down inside. Hopefully this teen gets justice even though they're skin colour won't look favorably upon them.
edit on 16-7-2011 by AnonymousFem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
i beleive that they should forget they're cops and give them the sentence anyone would have for such violence.
thank the internet for letting these police brutality victims get the word out.
is it legal to arrest a police officer?

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by listerofsmeg

Is it legal for the public to make a citizens arrest of a police officer. I for one would not recommend it
. You might find yourself the one being arrested or worse.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousFem

but if the situation clearly calls for it.
for example, you see a young teen beeing beaten, would you intervene.
i wouldn't care too much of the outcome but i know that i would strike that officer before restraining him.

i know this action will lead to a hole pile of crap for my future but its the people who need to occasionaly remind them that they work for us.

i'd try to get some video evidence or eye witness testimony to my arrest but even if that were impossible i'd still have to do something.

i'm not violent or anti police but i hate to see abuse of power anywhere.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by listerofsmeg

yes, i would step up and do something. i usually carry a baton, and if a police officer was wailing on some kid for no reason when he was down, i wouldn't hesitate to use it. sure, it would be a legal mess, but people need to stand up for each other more. someday if you're the one getting beaten, you would want someone to stop it.

i'd probably try to hit him in the temple and put him down. if not, i certainly would try to get him across the wrist so he couldn't get his gun/tazer.

edit on 16-7-2011 by Bob Sholtz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Never had a bad experience with a cop, sure got a speeding ticket here and there but nothing major. From this article sounded like the cop overreacted and does indeed have some mental issues, power tripping? Is the area this happened in going down hill due to the economy?

I know in the area I am from CT, RI on I-95 heading either North or South and on Route 2 in CT, there has been a lot of state police activity, mostly cops hiding in underpasses, off next to a tree or simply parked in an abandoned houses driveway. Guess they have not been meeting the quota eh?

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Do not try to take the law in your own hands. I repeat if you see an officer doing something you think he shouldn't be doing, then report it. If you try to intervene, if your lucky you will only be arrested. You might end up carrying a major @ss whooping as well. Remember, the radio travels alot faster than you can possibly run and when cops respond to a officer down or in destress, they roll with every officer available. They maybe 30 to 40 officers depending on the size of the town. Unless everyone is revolting, its just going to be a lose/lose situation for you.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

Community service as partial penalty
the judge should make these guys clean up after the dogs in the shelters for 100's of hours so they can think about what they've done
or public bathroom clean ups
something along the lines of cleaning up feces

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
The police officer should be charged for beating the teen, whilst at the same time the dog owner who left the dog's lawn candy without cleaning it up should be found and fined. If it weren't for the dog poop, I am sure this incident would not have taken place.

Dog owners. please clean up after your dogs! Thanks.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I found another article on it - with a little bit more info.

Apparently they first ran him in for disorderly conduct and then there was a confrontation when he was released and that's when the beating happened..

Two Officers Beat Heckler After Arrest, Police Say

The attack took place shortly after 3 a.m. on Feb. 18, as the man, Tyre Davis, emerged from the 46th Precinct station house, the police said.

He was leaving after being issued a summons charging him with disorderly conduct, the Police Department’s chief spokesman, Paul J. Browne, said. The victim recognized two officers who had arrested him that night and “starts ranting at them for having arrested him,” Mr. Browne said. “And in that alley nearby, they assaulted him, presumably as a result of his cursing at them.”

The two officers, Joseph Murphy, 26, and Jose Ocasio, 28, struck Mr. Davis “repeatedly with closed fists and kicks” to his face and body, according to a criminal complaint. Mr. Davis had a cut and bruise to his forehead, as well as swelling behind his right ear, the complaint said.

Of course, there are 2 sides to every story and the above appears to be the official police version.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by gem_man
12160.info...

Well, here we go again! I know everyone must be tired of "bad cop posts" but awareness is the beginning of stoping this kind of abuse. These two psycopaths will face trial for their beating of aseventeen year old for a silly comment as they should. When prosecution of this sort of police behavior becomes the norm it will stop.

From the end of the same article

The officers expect to be vindicated, their lawyer said after the arrest.

Of course they do. Sure aren't they aware of hundreds of fellow Fauxlicemen**
who have gotten clean away with much worse.
The CORE is ROTTEN. This is at the periphery and is just a drop, in an ocean
of top-down MIRE.

The kid will be well compensated for the two punches, and rightly so,
and the cops will get a slap on the wrist, wrongly so.
But it is the SCHMUCK taxpayer who foots the BILL, once again.
Ha! They get you coming, They get you going.
We are the Financiers of our own Detriments.

S**t. I'm going out for a SCHMOKE.

** i haven't heard this word before, so, if it's a first (i doubt it), i, pshea, claim it.
(And No. Not s**t. The other one, above it).
edit on 16-7-2011 by pshea38 because: tostakeaclaim

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

Now thats funny what websites you go on.....captured a news thread "woman arrested for speaking at city council meeting...."; that's Alex Jones wife!!!! I did'nt bother looking at any further articles because that one article did'nt report well.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
At least the media does report these sorts of incidents, but they do it the wrong way. The media does downplay them to a degree, and tend to make them appear to be singular isolated incidents. At first this is ok, but now that these sorts of incidents are seemingly becoming more prevalent they need to be addressed and presented as such. This needs to be presented as a growing problem.

I think the way we should start confronting this problem is to certainly take action against the offending officer(s), and the system does seem to work in our favor at times with this. Police officers are pawns as well and they do not mind sacrificing a few here and there. So this is to our benefit. We cannot stop there though, and this is where we can start pushing in some accountability into the system. So, not only do we hold the offending party accountable, we also hold the supervisor, captain or chief, whatever, accountable as well.

Start forcing those folks to take measures within their command in hiring the best suitable person with the proper mind-set to serve as a police officer. The person in charge may not be directly responsible for the transgressions of officers, but they are definitely responsible for hiring individuals suitable for the job. If they do not hire suitable people, they become indirectly responsible and none the less accountable and subject to punitive actions.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

A very sanitized version. I agree it may be written off the official account.

Sad, no mention of the victim being a 17 year-old High School student and almost seems to justify the beating because of the verbal attack.

NYT used to be the premiere newspaper of the world. With articles like that is it any wonder why they have faltered so much?

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by wardk28

Well put and agreed. I'm looking over some of the posts on here talking about doing something to the cop as a passing citizen witnessing this happening. That sounds great to say on an internet blog, but thank you for pointing out the realities of life. Cops aren't paid to fight, they are paid to win, whatever it takes...and however many of them it takes. They will win, 100% of the time, without exception. Fighting cops in the field is going to accomplish one of two things..... a trip to the emergency room, right before being booked into the medical wing of your local jail...Or a trip to the morgue when the cop you "ALMOST" beat just shoots you...then gets a commendation for planting you with one shot.

Thanks again for pointing out how totally pointless and counterproductive it is to try and fight cops on the street. I was starting to fear, in reading those posts, someone a few fries short of a Happy Meal might just follow that crazy advice and try it sometime.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousFem

I was just kidding about the cop being right for beating up that kid. I should have made it clearer that I was being sarcastic.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join