It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shall we play a game?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I just spent a couple of days creating a fun little browser game and I thought ATS should get the first chance to play it since you guys like puzzles and challenges so much. This game will test your technical, logical and analytical skills. It is designed for programmers and hackers to test and refine their abilities, so it may prove quite difficult for a lot of you. The first few levels are fairly simple but the difficulty will increase as you work your way through the levels. There are only 10 levels so far. aidse.co.cc...

edit: try not to share the solutions, if you must discuss certain levels, try to at least be a little bit cryptic.
edit on 16-7-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I'm no hacker but I remember how much fun I had with Weff Riddles.
I'll give it a go when I get home.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't co.cc the address that was just black listed by google worldwide?

Just out of curiosity.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Your first level is a real **tch.. Of course, I'm no hacker.. But I was almost positive "12345" or simply "Password" would have done it.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Inquisitive1

Same!

I tried every simple password I could think of and I kept getting it wrong. I just had to quit out after about twenty tries hahaha.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
i atleast got the first password right but then level 2.... :[

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by herbgrinder88

Damn you.
I've a feeling I'll be here for hours just trying to figure out this password on the first level.
Think my big dream of making it big as a hacker are more or less dashed.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Inquisitive1

ugh, level one would be much better if i didnt have to click in the box after each try...

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by GhettoRice

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't co.cc the address that was just black listed by google worldwide?
Yes Google did actually blacklist every single co.cc website. It really annoyed me at the time, because I had multiple legit co.cc website. Apparently there were to many spam websites on the co.cc subdomain. Ehh...whatever, it's still a brilliant free domain service imo. It simply comes down to the fact that googlesucksballs.co.cc...

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Ugh, im too lazy to brute force the PW... is it something simple?

or is it crap like Peggy994?

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mikeyy

Oh I got the password.

wow.... I went for broke too.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   

There is a logical solution to every level. You don't need to brute force or guess anything (well except maybe when hash cracking)...you need to figure out the right way to solve the puzzle.

It depends of the level. Most of the levels generate a random password. If you were to start a new game the passwords would be different.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder

There is a logical solution to every level. You don't need to brute force or guess anything (well except maybe when hash cracking)...you need to figure out the right way to solve the puzzle.

It depends of the level. Most of the levels generate a random password. If you were to start a new game the passwords would be different.

yeah I acually got it ^_^ now level 2...

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Mikeyy

yeah I acually got it ^_^ now level 2...
Hmmm, is the website still working for you? It wont seem to work for me. We might have overloaded my poor little server with too many people.

edit: never mind, she's back online.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
been trying for 2 hours and still havnt got the password, if anyone wants to send it to me I would realy apriciate it lol

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucifersjester
been trying for 2 hours and still havnt got the password, if anyone wants to send it to me I would realy apriciate it lol
The first password? Stop trying to guess it, that wont work. You need to think about how you can find the password.

btw - most of the passwords are generated randomly for each game. So you cant use anyone's passwords except your own.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   
So, anyone whose doing this needs to stop immediately, I believe The op is data mining your information, I'm thinking that the random generator use your computers CPU and information contained within to generate the answers, therefore when you go to the site he gains access to your info and it is then stored on his server. Everyone stop answering or your giving away your private or computer security information.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkSarcasm
I believe The op is data mining your information, I'm thinking that the random generator use your computers CPU and information contained within to generate the answers, therefore when you go to the site he gains access to your info and it is then stored on his server.
Do you even know what you're talking about? If you don't trust the website than don't play the game. The most detail I can get is your IP address (and I do use your IP in the game for identifying players and generating unique codes), but 99% of websites will record your IP address when you visit. There is absolutely nothing malicious in the source, you can easily read through the page source, in fact that is pretty unavoidable if you are playing the game.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
The heat is on.
Lvl 2 is killing me.
Any hints?

I don't get what i'm supposed to do with the percent numbers.
edit on 17-7-2011 by Chukkles because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chukkles
The heat is on.
Lvl 2 is killing me.
Any hints?

I don't get what i'm supposed to do with the percent numbers.
The password is encoded as a HEX string.

I can't believe no one has made it to level 10 yet, the high score list is still empty.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join