It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your unusual talent?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I've been interested in unusual talents that people have and I was curious as to what yours were!

Mine are:

1. I can flip my eye lids and it's really gross.
  2. I have different writing styles and switch it up every once in a while for kicks.
  3. I can move a certain muscle at the back of my neck/head that when moved looks like my brain is throbbing. It's a talent, okay?

4. As a female, I cab burp really, really, really loudly. My father insisted it was a talent.

While mine aren't actually constructive, awesome talents, I'm curious to hear what yours are!

edit on 15-7-2011 by beauty from pain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Well, I can wriggle my nose like Sabrina on Bewitched....is that a talent?

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by beauty from pain

I can create events with my mind. Lately my fascination has been linking people's yawns to my thoughts, and vice versa, and finding the correlation. It's interesting to see that, at least for me, many times the thought i have when the person yawns, if i tell them what i just thought, they almost always agree with the thought lol!

It's almost like a confirmation operator.

edit on 15-7-2011 by xacto because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I can make my middle finger bend around the next one so the fingertip reaches to the base of my little finger... it doesn't make me any money

In my 20's I used to be able to fart Twinkle-Twinkle Star.. but that didn't make me any money either.. it was only offensive.

I can't sing or dance.. is that a talent?

Oh, and I can forget more than I think I ever knew.. blaming that on getting older.. sometimes I find it's a helpful talent

edit on 15-7-2011 by Tayesin because: naughty, naughty bad dyslexia

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
i can make my eyes shake(hard to describe it unless you've seen it) which is freaky and my thumbs are double jointed so I can make them pop back and forth

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I can burp whenever I want, touch my nose with my tongue and kick higher than my own height.

I can also make ice cubes in my mouth but that one's a bit of a secret so dont tell anyone.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I can pass gas in 3 octaves at the same time . I can crack every knuckle while i'm passing gas . I can pass gas while standing on one foot while shaking the other one . I can pass gas anytime my finger is pulled . I can turn the bathtub into a jacuzzi by passing gas . If i want to hit the real high notes i wear a thong .

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyTrick
i can make my eyes shake(hard to describe it unless you've seen it) which is freaky and my thumbs are double jointed so I can make them pop back and forth

I can do the eye thing, too! It's freaky!

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyTrick

The actor Hugh Jackman can make his eyes shake, and so can my ex-husband. Made my eyes water when I looked at it. Very cool though!

I have no special talents besides being impathic, and a healer. Neither of which a flex on a regular basis. I can do the robot....my kids like that. haha! I also have a talent for having babies, haha!

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I can make a nice cup of coffee

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
It doesn't matter what the animal is, they like me. Dogs, cats, birds, squirrels, horses,...doesn't matter. They will always trust me and become almost freakishly attached and affectionate.

People have seen it and say it's very weird...almost like communication.

Talent? Don't know.

edit on 15-7-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Winged-Sphinx
I can make a nice cup of coffee

Can you come make me one? I'm in dire need of a wonderful cup of coffee.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I have all kinds of talents. My talents could fill volumes. All false modesty aside, I'm awesome.

But I don't like to boast.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

can anyone else in your family do it? My dad can so I was wondering if it is a genetic thing? 'freaky eyes gene'

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

alright,ill email it
aha!

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by LadyTrick

Not that I am aware of, my family thinks I'm weird enough. I knew one other friend who could do it, but that was it.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

My two talents, while maybe not unusual, are still rare.

1. I listen to people when they speak.

2. I'm able to speak to people at their level, wherever that may be.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I know a person who is absolutely petrified of dogs, but they love him to death. My cat is super ... well catty towards people but when my friend is around he goes completely bananas over him, purring and rubbing up against his leg and sitting on his lap.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
It doesn't matter what the animal is, they like me. Dogs, cats, birds, squirrels, horses,...doesn't matter. They will always trust me and become almost freakishly attached and affectionate.

Talent? Don't know.

That definitely is an ability, ability to calm animals and even earn their affection is incredible.

And you know what is incredible, right when i read your post my cat started going purr nuts, just came up to me and started puttin her paws all over my arms and face. Youve definitely got a gift.
edit on 15-7-2011 by xacto because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Talent? Don't know.

My wife is this same way. Very rare. She can feed wild animals by hand. I've seen a bird land on her shoulder more than once. Animals trust and love her, it's like a Disney cartoon!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join