It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama is a constitutional scholar and I'm the Mayor of Awesomeville

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
www.whitehouse.gov...

Ladies and Gentleman, your globalist president:

we're probably not going to get something done because we've got divided government.

Obama, the constitutional scholar, ought to know that the government was divided ON PURPOSE into 3 branches of power.

let me distinguish between professional politicians and the public at large. The public is not paying close attention to the ins and outs of how a Treasury option goes. They shouldn’t.

Obama thinks the people shouldn't worry about what their politicians, the "pros" are up to. He says the public should trust the professional politicians. Does Obama know anything about the American Revolution?

And yet, Obama turns on even the professional politicians

Now, I will say that some of the professional politicians know better. And for them to say that we shouldn’t be raising the debt ceiling is irresponsible. They know better.

They "know better". They know they should raise the debt limit, 14 trillion is just not high enough. The constitution says a power of congress is to "To borrow money on the credit of the United States" the average person can borrow money on their own credit, but is it wise to borrow 14 trillion and have no way of paying it back? And then say it is unwise not to borrow more? This is why Thomas Jefferson was opposed to the debt clause, but even someone in favor of it has to say there are limits to the debt. The constitution is not about finding a loophole to exploit the globalist agenda, but to have a rule of law by which America can prosper. How does more debt make America prosper when the main problem is debt to begin with? But more importantly, the debt limit is unconstitutional because the money supply is no longer based on gold and silver, which would have prevented this problem from happening in the first place. Obama the constitutional scholar has no comment on why states do not accept gold and silver as legal tender as the constitution declared, which has never been amended in any way.

I'd rather be talking about stuff that everybody welcomes -- like new programs or the NFL season getting resolved.

Obama thinks the public is more concerned with the NFL as opposed to...operation fast and furious? How much of a shill is this guy?

Our biggest priority as an administration is getting the economy back on track and putting people back to work.

No, your main job is to

be Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy of the United States, and of the Militia of the several States, when called into the actual Service of the United States
Show me, Mr. Constitutional scholar, where in the constitution it says the president's main priority is to put people back to work? And haven't you been "putting people back to work" since you've been elected? What happened to the 787 billion stimulus? Wasn't that supposed to get people back to work through shovel ready jobs? But instead, it went to finance drug cartels.

But I’m operating within some political constraints here, because whatever I do has to go through the House of Representatives.

Oh, poor you. If only we didn't have the constitution, then you could be the dictator of your dreams. Why bother being a constitutional scholar when you don't even respect its most basic design of 3 branches of government?

So Obama is a constitutional scholar and I'm the Mayor of Awesomeville

www.whitehouse.gov...

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

Your post is so full of cynicism and hate that I can't take it seriously. Just FYI.

Maybe next time you can formulate a post containing good info (which yours does) without all the unnecessary emotional baggage. For me it just discredits your post.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Please STOP. You're killin me.... gut busting!!!!

Okay, continue.

POPCORN!!! this is gonna get good....
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/36c986cb676c.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 7/15/2011 by anon72 because: (no reason given)

edit on Sun Jul 17 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: --Off Topic, One Liners and General Back Scratching Posts--

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by brianmg5

Your post is so full of cynicism and hate that I can't take it seriously. Just FYI.

Thank you for calling me cynical and hateful, while I consider myself slightly cynical I do not consider myself hateful or full of cynicism, so I will take your insult as a badge of honor that I am doing the right thing.
edit on 15-7-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Welp, he is a Chicago politician. I expect nothing from him.
edit on 15-7-2011 by JustinSee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

I LOVE Awesomeville.... I hear they have 5 kinds of nachos there! When is the next train leaving.

But back on topic; I think you hit the nail on the head. This so called President of ours and his administration is systematically bringing this country to it's knees.

I live in Minnesota; so I currently am seeing 1st hand where this is headed to. Our state just came to an agreement to turn the Gv't back on and both sides admit that they have just "kicked the can down the road". When do we STOP the spending of imaginary money?

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia

Thank you for calling me cynical and hateful, while I consider myself slightly cynical I do not consider myself hateful or full of cynicism, so I will take your insult as a badge of honor that I am doing the right thing.

That is your choice and I celebrate your ability to make such a risky and difficult choice. For wearing hate like a badge is going to be a very heavy burden. But I caution you with a quote from the late yoda...

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

So my question for you, "What are you afraid of and why do you prefer to suffer?"

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Are you surprised or what?
edit on Sun Jul 17 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: --Off Topic, One Liners and General Back Scratching Posts--

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Right in front of your very eyes, the Constitutional Scholar has morphed into a Constitutional Horror. Like the Peace Prize fiasco, this was just another of the many marketing lies to sell the guy as the greatest thing since sliced bread. Even many of his biggest previous supporters aren't swallowing this crud anymore.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by brianmg5

Excuse me, but The Mayor of Awesomeville has the floor. Show your respect before he Jennifer Jones's you straight to lockdown.

Mr. Mayor, please continue as the Chief of Police will silence all dissent.

Honestly, you do make many valid points and I too am popping corn for this Awesom Show.

S&F

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Awesomevill must be a very small town with a large amount of lead in its drinking water; your municipality obviously has some issue that makes at least some of its residents blithering ditzes.

Ladies and Gentleman, your globalist president:

we're probably not going to get something done because we've got divided government.

Obama, the constitutional scholar, ought to know that the government was divided ON PURPOSE into 3 branches of power.

And you ought to know he's referring to your buddies, the Republicans, who are basically cramming their heads up their asses and screaming "NO!" into their bowels at any suggestion of anything other than dranting them dictatorial power. These dumbasses flat refuse to work with the Democrats to accomplish anything - and they are going against their own states and districts to do so.

let me distinguish between professional politicians and the public at large. The public is not paying close attention to the ins and outs of how a Treasury option goes. They shouldn’t.

Obama thinks the people shouldn't worry about what their politicians, the "pros" are up to. He says the public should trust the professional politicians. Does Obama know anything about the American Revolution?

Do you know anything about the American Revolution? Most residents of Awesomeville simply chug down their frothy mugs of stupid-water, smack their lips at the metallic aftertastes, and blather on about some half-cobbled fantasy based loosely off Braveheart and assorted Charlie Brown holiday specials.

He's saying that the American people do have better things to worry about in their day-to-day. That is, it's not their job to wrack their brains over the ins and outs of the treasury department. I know it's not really something I think about while I'm attending people's grandparents where I work; but maybe having a job just keeps me from having the free time you clearly do. Mayoring a small town such asAwesomeville must not be that taxing.

And yet, Obama turns on even the professional politicians

Now, I will say that some of the professional politicians know better. And for them to say that we shouldn’t be raising the debt ceiling is irresponsible. They know better.

They "know better". They know they should raise the debt limit, 14 trillion is just not high enough.

Well, they clearly know better than you. Defaulting isn't a good thing, you know. Or, well, I guess you don't know.

The constitution says a power of congress is to "To borrow money on the credit of the United States" the average person can borrow money on their own credit, but is it wise to borrow 14 trillion and have no way of paying it back?

Oh, there are ways of paying it back. Unfortunately the residents of Awesomeville derp-derp their eyes and wail about how they don't want it to be paid - since that would mean we'd have to collect taxes and halt those fun wars where we're killing infidels.

And then say it is unwise not to borrow more?

Borrowing is going to happen no matter what. With that reality, it's unwise to not allow for some flexibility on the ceiling. Might I suggest you stop thumping it to the page 5 girl of the Awesomeville Daily, and tun to hte politics section where it outlines the administration's policies?

This is why Thomas Jefferson was opposed to the debt clause, but even someone in favor of it has to say there are limits to the debt.

Unappreciated fact; Thomas Jefferson was kind of a dumbass. Much like Paris Hilton, he only got anywhere because he was born rich. What would you think of a guy who publishes about the need of mankind for "freedom" yet owned over a hundred slaves, raped a few of them, and refused to release them from bondage even on his deathbed? What would you think of a guy who went on and on about the need to fight and kill and die for liberty... who never once set finger on a musket during the war he admired so much?

...You'd think he was the head of the Awesomeville City Council, I suppose.

The constitution is not about finding a loophole to exploit the globalist agenda, but to have a rule of law by which America can prosper.

You don't even know what "globalist" means, do you? I mean, even if you think you do, you clearly don't.

How does more debt make America prosper when the main problem is debt to begin with?

Actually the main problem is misdirected funds; we're paying for gigantic waste in the wars you and the other residents of Awesomeville wanted desperately. We're paying for the salaries and health care of the politicians Awesomeville helped elect, even though they're the ones who created the debt and are now trying to force America to default on it while hacking into the guarantees promised to their own constituents, and we're throwing a few billion more away to keep the wealthy from paying taxes, legal fees, business and operating costs, and many other things, because the residents of Awesomeville feel that Charity starts with ExxonMobil tax breaks.

But more importantly, the debt limit is unconstitutional because the money supply is no longer based on gold and silver, which would have prevented this problem from happening in the first place. Obama the constitutional scholar has no comment on why states do not accept gold and silver as legal tender as the constitution declared, which has never been amended in any way.

Check the constitution again. The clause you're referring to prevents individual states from minting their own currency; should I explain why to you?

I'd rather be talking about stuff that everybody welcomes -- like new programs or the NFL season getting resolved.

Obama thinks the public is more concerned with the NFL as opposed to...operation fast and furious? How much of a shill is this guy?

You don't know what "shill" means, either, do you?

And yes, the American public is more engrossed in football than war. Sad but true, but hey, it's something ATS has been lamenting for years.

Our biggest priority as an administration is getting the economy back on track and putting people back to work.

No, your main job is to

be Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy of the United States, and of the Militia of the several States, when called into the actual Service of the United States

You might want to check your constitution again. It's called the executive branch because it executes the laws passed by Congress.

Show me, Mr. Constitutional scholar, where in the constitution it says the president's main priority is to put people back to work? And haven't you been "putting people back to work" since you've been elected? What happened to the 787 billion stimulus? Wasn't that supposed to get people back to work through shovel ready jobs? But instead, it went to finance drug cartels.

You're complaining about him not doing something you claim he shouldn't be doing?

But I’m operating within some political constraints here, because whatever I do has to go through the House of Representatives.

Oh, poor you. If only we didn't have the constitution, then you could be the dictator of your dreams. Why bother being a constitutional scholar when you don't even respect its most basic design of 3 branches of government?

No, what you're talking about would be making law by presidential fiat - "signing statements." You know, like hte last guy, who Awesomeville was rallied behind ofr eight years.

So Obama is a constitutional scholar and I'm the Mayor of Awesomeville

www.whitehouse.gov...

Well, Mr. Mayor, I hate to tell you, but your town #ing sucks.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Maybe next time you can formulate a post containing good info (which yours does) without all the unnecessary emotional baggage. For me it just discredits your post.

The palpable outrage by the O.P. does not hold a candle to the current Presidents clear cynicism. This so called "Constitutional scholar" used the State of the Union Address to castigate the Supreme Court over Citizens United, simply because that Court upheld the Supreme Law of the Land, and correctly relied upon the First Amendment to instruct Congress that with the Bipartisan Finance Reform Act they had stepped outside of the scope of their jurisdiction.

The President, in that State of the Union Address, called for Congress to push forth an Amendment that would "overturn" the SCOTUS decision.

If he were actually a Constitutional scholar, instead of a cynical priest class lawyer, he would have known that such imprudence would never fly. Of course, perhaps he did know but was instead being cynical in his estimation of We the People, paying closer attention to the likes of you, rather than the likes of the O.P., using his myopic perception to support his belief that by castigating the Supreme Court, even though they had upheld the Constitution, and correctly struck down a portion of the BPFR, that We the People would assume, simply because the credentialed main stream media has told us - ad nauseum - that he is a "Constitutional scholar", that being this "Constitutional scholar" he must know more than the Justices of the Supreme Court and is really acting on behalf of We the People.

No matter how you slice it, this current President is as cynical as they come.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

That is your choice and I celebrate your ability to make such a risky and difficult choice. For wearing hate like a badge is going to be a very heavy burden. But I caution you with a quote from the late yoda...

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

So my question for you, "What are you afraid of and why do you prefer to suffer?"

Quoting fictional characters leads to delusions.

How about talking the opposite approach to the OP's alleged hate(he already refuted it but agreed to the cynicism) and defend Obama?

IMO I am completely baffled by anyone who could possible defend the current POTUS and his WH Admin.

Please, inform us on what is not to hate?

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

That is your choice and I celebrate your ability to make such a risky and difficult choice. For wearing hate like a badge is going to be a very heavy burden. But I caution you with a quote from the late yoda... “Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” So my question for you, "What are you afraid of and why do you prefer to suffer?" signature:

If you want to talk about "fear" and "suffering", how about talking about how the President and his buddies in DC are using unsubstantiated fears to manipulate the masses into surrendering their basic human rights, causing widespread suffering?

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

I stopped reading after "ditzes"

Could you paraphrase your excessively long post into a couple understandable sentences?

Name calling is a very poor defense. i.e. saying I disagree because your a big giant poopyhead. - (please note that this is an i.e. and not a personal attack)

recess is over...

edit on 7/15/2011 by EyeHeartBigfoot because: typo

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

IMO I am completely baffled by anyone who could possible defend the current POTUS and his WH Admin.

Please, inform us on what is not to hate?

Well to begin with, I am not in defense of anyone really. They can defend themselves. I am however looking for thoughtful objective conversations concerning politics and conspiracy theories, both of which seem to have vanished on this website.

They've been replaced by fighting which is fueled by knee jerk reactions and the inability to disagree without wishing to harm the other person in some way.

What is not to Hate? Everything and Everyone. To fear or hate the world is to be trapped in it. Do you really believe the physical world is the end all and be all of the universe? The answer is to forgive and love. Even your enemies. That is the path to true freedom.

Do you know that they discovered the #1 shortener of human life is stress and that they can now measure how much your cells have degraded from stress and determine from said results how long you'll live?

If there is a successful revolution on this planet it will not be brought about by a bunch of gun toting terrified/hateful citizens, in my humble opinion.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

If you want to talk about "fear" and "suffering", how about talking about how the President and his buddies in DC are using unsubstantiated fears to manipulate the masses into surrendering their basic human rights, causing widespread suffering?

I was under the impression that Obama and friends were using those fears to obtain public support for a raise in revenue in the debt ceiling deal. I'm not aware of any..."basic human rights". What rights are you referring to? SS?
edit on 15-7-2011 by brianmg5 because: Formatting

edit on 15-7-2011 by brianmg5 because: grammer!

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by brianmg5

So, your solution to the current world affairs is Metaphysical?

I agree that hate is never beneficial, but the OP never used the word hate...YOU DID!!!

On the metaphysical end, I wish you all the best that you never end up unemployed, hungry, oppressed, homeless or diseased.

With that said, using your logic, we should all be good now.

I appreciate you answering my post but I am still more in line with the OP.

Warmest Regards,

t

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join