It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marijuana and religion!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
Of course there is!! When done in terms of a ceremony it is one with a different mind set..of course, if you don't understand this concept...you won't see the difference! I don't smoke either way...but I do understand the differences from my heritage....

I know of plenty of "people" who frequently partake in the smoking of the herb. But I fail to see how it is justified in religious terms but not in general use. Now, what exactly does it do to religious folk that it doesn't do to my acquaintances
????

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
Of course there is!! When done in terms of a ceremony it is one with a different mind set..of course,

Yes but people can have thier own spirituality and own set of beliefs.Does one have to proclaim religion? People should focus on what they feel instead of any faith or 'code' to which you are responsible to by punishment of HELL... I have my own ceremony, and thats my right.

If God created this planet then he created the herb, and the receptors in our brains that react to it. It has so many medical benefits. If the government just let folks have a few plants per household by law then they would make things alot easier all round. Not saying it would solve the worlds problems, but it would help. Give the police more time to do real work, like getting scumbag gangster drug lords instead of poor guy who just wants to relax...

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I couldn't agree more that pot should be legal.....alcohol kills and ruins more lives that marijuana ever could...look at the lives ruin by alcohol; ruined marriages, severe alcoholism...alchole related deaths....
My point above is that there is a difference between people sitting around together just getting a high...and ceremonial religious usage...not there isn't those that may use the herb within there own spirituality...

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 09:30 AM
link   
A great Movie to Check out is "Grass" by Ron Mann, narrated by Woody Harrelson.

Its mainly a documentary/Timeline on the Useage and Illegalization of Marijuana.

and thats my two cents.

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I am still unclear as to the difference, it has pretty much the same effect no matter what your spiritual or religious beliefs are. It's a "mind opener" for all that partake.

LadyV I just went to your geocities website, and believe I found a typo "Jehovah's Whiteness'

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 11:58 AM
link   
When I smoke:
There's no victim.
I do it in the privacy of my own home.
I am consuming it into my own body.
I don't sell it, or even give it, to anyone else.
I don't drive or work while stoned.
I don't commit crimes.
I don't harm anyone else in any way whatsoever.
It makes me feel good. It helps me focus.
It's a plant, from nature/god which is above any man-made laws.
I have the right to consume what I like as long as I don't harm anyone else.
It's my mind, my body - not yours; Mind your own, and I'll mind mine.

80% of drug-related deaths - Tobacco (legal)
15% of drug-related deaths - Alcohol (legal)
Deaths from Marijuana - 0 (illegal)

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Are you telling me you can't see a difference between sitting around getting high

a) with friends
b) watching a movie or TV
c) after work to unwind (which I don't understand anyway)
d) at a party
e) going out somewhere with friends

and in a meditative mind set? Really!?

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Koka

LadyV I just went to your geocities website, and believe I found a typo "Jehovah's Whiteness'

WHAT!? Me...make a mistake....no way....
seriously, I just went and checked it out and your right....fixed it...put a different spin on it didn't it? LOL Thanks...no one has caught that before...not even me...

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 12:12 AM
link   
THE HOLY BIBLE states in Genesis 1:12 "And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yeilding seed after his kind, and the tree yeilding fruit , whose seed was in itself, after his kind and God saw that it was good."

so its all good

[edit on 19-8-2004 by spongebob]

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Here's a pretty good website about marijuana and the bible
www.hempfiles.com...

Ah all this talk reminds me of the saying

Confucious says: He who stands on toilet - is high on pot

I also found this article - enjoy.

Marijuana in the Old World

Like the ancient Greeks, the Old Testament Israelites were surrounded by marijuana-using peoples. A British physician, Dr. C. Creighton, concluded in 1903 that several references to marijuana can be found in the Old Testament. 9 Examples are the "honeycomb" referred to in the Song of Solomon, 5:1, and the "honeywood" in I Samuel 14: 25-45. (Others have suggested that the "calamus" in the Song of Solomon was in fact cannabis.

[edit on 19-8-2004 by deeprivergal]

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
I'll second you on that one matey. Freedom of speech anyone?

This is a privately owned website with rules firmly in place regarding discussion of illegal activites.
ATS is hosted in the US and owned out of the UK, both places which marijuana is illegal.

This is your final "nice" warning.

Discuss it in regards to the Bible.
If you do it and it comes up here, you will be warned officially and this thread will be removed.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Jesus was offered an elixer before he was crucified, all crucifixion victims were, it eased the pain. The elixer was a canabis concoction...

GEN 1:12 And the earth brought forth GRASS, and HERB yielding seed after its KIND...AND GOD SAW IT WAS GOOD.

Does anyone think that this may mean GOD was in B.C? on the 3rd day? GRASS, HERB and KIND all slang for Pot and KIND is usually B.C. Bud.

TheIndependentJournal

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by theindependentjournal
Jesus was offered an elixer before he was crucified, all crucifixion victims were, it eased the pain. The elixer was a canabis concoction...

GEN 1:12 And the earth brought forth GRASS, and HERB yielding seed after its KIND...AND GOD SAW IT WAS GOOD.

Does anyone think that this may mean GOD was in B.C? on the 3rd day? GRASS, HERB and KIND all slang for Pot and KIND is usually B.C. Bud.

TheIndependentJournal

I find this part interesting:

"The medical use of cannabis during that time is supported by archaeological records."

He said the ancient anointing oil contained high levels of cannabis extract.

"The holy anointing oil, as described in the original Hebrew version of the recipe in Exodus, contained over six pounds of keneh-bosum - a substance identified by respected etymology, linguists anthropologists, botanists and other researchers as cannabis extracted into about six quarts of olive oil along with a variety of other fragrant herbs."

At that time medicine and religion were tied together. Knowledge was scarce and ignorance profound. News was conducted by rumor. If a man came into a village and used pharmaceuticals on a people who had no medical knowledge he could be performing a slight miracle. Then the news of that event travels and becomes embelished along the way.

Also, Denis Leary said that pot leads to carpentry, and we all know Jesus was a carpenter.

Seriously though, medicine and religion in ancient times were tied together in the forms of shamans and medicine men. No doubt the current 'discovery' of cannabis' medicinal uses is actually a rediscovery of a rediscovered property of the plant. Perhaps in Jesus' time cannabis was in another rediscovery phase and he was a proponent of its benefits. No doubt a lot of religious Christians rankle at the thought of Jesus being a Birkenstocks-wearing long-haired hippy. Now that I think of it there do seem to be a lot of pot advocates who are long-haired peaceniks, kinda like Christ. Hmmmm... lol

[edit on 19-8-2004 by taibunsuu]

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by taibunsuu
Now that I think of it there do seem to be a lot of pot advocates who are long-haired peaceniks, kinda like Christ. Hmmmm... lol

Wasn't he more of a 'stir things up' type and not one to just sit back and let it all happen? I would hardly consider him a peacenik of his time in that sense. He went against the grain, and he made a lot of people very angry. Not that there is anything wrong with that

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedBalloon

Originally posted by taibunsuu
Now that I think of it there do seem to be a lot of pot advocates who are long-haired peaceniks, kinda like Christ. Hmmmm... lol

Wasn't he more of a 'stir things up' type and not one to just sit back and let it all happen? I would hardly consider him a peacenik of his time in that sense. He went against the grain, and he made a lot of people very angry. Not that there is anything wrong with that

I must dissagree. Jesus was a very peacefull man, he was oppressed all of his life but never raised an angry fist. The reason he went 'against the grain' is because most of the jews did not believe he was the messaiah (spell?) and they hated him for calling himself the son of god. But he believed in loving you brother and sister, and also preached about forgivness. He wouldnt sit back and wait for things to happen, he would preform miricles to prove people wrong, but he never used voilence twards anyone.

This article is news to me, tho i wouldnt doubt that jesus would take advantage of having a plant with such healing powers. I mean, why not? Its there FOR you to use, its a shame that ppl dont see it that way no more.

Thank you very much Gov't propiganda (spell?)

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 04:33 PM
link   
jesus was one of the original hippies so it dosn't surprise me if he used mind expanding drugs. plus i read somewhere that jesus was an essene and the essenes believed the magic mushroom held divine powers that got them more in toutch with god. hell, when i smoke up i feel more in toutch with stuff and i'd imagine that jesus would be an awesome person to toke up with.

[edit on 19-8-2004 by mutehalo]

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 05:37 PM
link   
ok, canabis is illegal because it harms (if it is over used)!

Food and sports can be harmfull if they are over-used.

Plus, canabis is a plant, naturally grown. Maybe if it's wiselly used, we can acomplish many things.

There are many things that can be both good and bad... Dynamites were invented to do good at first, but bad people used it for bad...

Why canabis could not be like that? instead of smoking it, we use it other ways...

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   
At many churches you will find that as the priest/minister/whatever approaches the altar, he is waving an incense burner from a chain. This was originally done to 'invoke the spirit'. If you've ever smelled that stuff, you'll notice that all it does is 'invoke the nausea'. Some scholars contend that in earlier times that incense holder contained, among other things, cannabis. It makes sense that someone walking down the aisle with an incense holder filled with dope and other psychotropic or hallucenogenic substances would have stood a pretty good chance of 'invoking the spirit' in their parishoners. At least a better chance than they've got with that nasty incense.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 11:55 PM
link   
You need to read about Jesus's visit to the temple after he rode into Jerusalem ofr passover on the ass, palm sunday for catholics, he THREW ABOUT THE TABLES. Throwing tables around does require some anger and indignation.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by godservant
Does anyone know what a corriander seed looks like? The old testament talks of using the plant whose seed looks most like corriander, look it up.

ya the coriander is kin to the carrot,,, its seeds are small nut like objects, in ancient drawing they resemble the poppy...

speaking of poppy,

Mt 34 They gave him vinegar to drink mingled with gall: and when he had tasted thereof, he would not drink.

The disciples clearly gave jesus some opium to fight the pain he was under BUT, he refused it, spitting it out .... then he gave up the ghost, that is to say, dark matter...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join