It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Navy Attacks International Boat in Gaza

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

Originally posted by jed001
reply to post by CREAM

if i'm not mistaken gaza is run by a know terrorist group, hamas. If the people of gaza would denounce Hamas and ask the UN to help get rid of them maybe there would be no need for a blockade.

Terrorism

–noun 1. the use of violence and threats to intimidate or coerce, especially for political purposes. 2. the state of fear and submission produced by terrorism or terrorization. 3. a terroristic method of governing or of resisting a government.

Would the Israeli government not also qualify for this classification? I think this properly describes the current government in Israel.
I think it accurately describes the current owebowmore regime. What is your point?

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

www.topyaps.com...

so when i looked up top 10 regonized terrorist groups in the world: Hamas #2 Isreal government not mentioned

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

And Hamas is a cowardly terror group that hides behind women and children while firing rockets from hospitals and giving suicide/homicide vests to their young children.

If you think Hamas is the only ones hiding behind children then you need to open your eyes and see what's really going on. The cowards who call themselves the IDF also uses human shields. Hamas shoots rockets from hospitals and Israel shoots white phosphorous at schools deliberately targeting children. Also to have a legal blockade you need a declaration of war something Israel dosen't have.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Well the thread title conformed to T&C by being an exact copy of the source; so yeah, the headline sounds pretty sensational. And then I see it is from a Turkish website, a country that after having been relatively close to Israel at one time, has seen increasing strain and even hostility between the two nations grow rapidly, a process which only accelerated after the Mavi Marmara incident the first time a "flotilla" tried to breach the Israeli blockade.

But "attacked?" With water cannons? Pffft. Hardly as sensational as the thread title would have us believe.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

i dont understand why israel keeps putting up with this. Water canons?
i wonder what Iran would have done...

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by jed001
reply to post by CREAM

if i'm not mistaken gaza is run by a know terrorist group, hamas. If the people of gaza would denounce Hamas and ask the UN to help get rid of them maybe there would be no need for a blockade.

And if Israel would get rid of the terrorist group known as the Zionist then maybe there would be peace in the region seeing how they start most of the wars .

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by CountDrac

i dont understand why israel keeps putting up with this. Water canons?
i wonder what Iran would have done...

What's Iran have to do with this?

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
no matter what they shot it is still an assault and battery against civilians!
what do they want to hide?

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

The Israeli apologists always try to add smokescreens to the discussion to try and distract us from reality. A perfect example would be to bring up Iran in a discussion about Israel attacking peaceful ships in the waters just off Gaza. It's sad, but you kind of get used to it. Another tactic they use is to involve religion and race into the discussion when it is purely political. Of course sometimes race and religion is an issue depending on the situation, but they tend to over use it when it comes to the Gaza/Israel topic.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

could someone come up with an answer to how they should act or try to stay alive, defend themselves!
if the indians here wanted to claim their land, would a vote of the people world wide be enough to stop those who created the problem!

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by CREAM

"Innocent civilians" armed with knives, metal bars, chains (all can be lethal).

Not to mention the little known fact, that the "innocent civilians" tried to anchor the blackhawk to the deck, a tactic that could have been lethal to both crew and the "innocent civilians" below.

Some would think they didn't care for their own lives.... Martyrs maybe...

Regards, Skellon.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

I would have changed the title to include the water cannon if I had a choice but I started the thread in breaking news and had to put the exact title. The thread got moved to this forum later on. It is not being sensational though, if you take into account that the Israeli navy did attack those ships with a water cannon. Blasting a ship with a water cannon is a form of attack, so the title is bang on actually.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
and the israeli commandos used super soakers on the 9 people that were killed on the turkish aid boat.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skellon
reply to post by CREAM

"Innocent civilians" armed with knives, metal bars, chains (all can be lethal).

Not to mention the little known fact, that the "innocent civilians" tried to anchor the blackhawk to the deck, a tactic that could have been lethal to both crew and the "innocent civilians" below.

Some would think they didn't care for their own lives.... Martyrs maybe...

Regards, Skellon.

Unless an armed person attacks someone they are innocent. Until their ship is boarded then they are defenders.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Hamas has attacked and is still attacking Israel. They can defend themselves. One of the historically recognized, and often used, methods of defense is to prevent your enemy from receiving war material. A blockade is an accepted method of so doing.

When was Hamas elected and when did Israel start killing Palestinians and stealing their land??

Hamas is merely the latest in a long line of excuses to expand their borders..
The excuses will only end if Israel has it all, or they are forced to stop..

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by CREAM

Originally posted by dontreally
reply to post by CREAM

And whats wrong with forwarding that aid through the accepted channels?? Ie; send it to the port of Ashdod in Israel, or Al Arish in Egypt, where it will be brought by trucks into the Gaza strip.

Either way they get the aid. Isnt that the important thing? Why provoke Israel for?? Its insulting. Israel doesnt want so called "peace acitivists" to make a mockery of their sovereignty; and by refusing to listen to their warnings to continue to try to breach the bloackade deserves much more in my opinion than a water cannon attack.

Theres a COMPLETELY valid and logical reason for why the blockade exists. Hamas is a terrorist organization elected by the people of Gaza - to essentially kill Israelis. To counter this organization and its amoral tactics, Israel has enforced a maritime blockade which prevents them from getting their much desired weapons/ammunition from overseas.

Its completely logical. For some sick reason, liberals dont give a #. Its better that Hamas get their weapons/ammunition, kill Israelis, and then blame Israel for their "disproportionate' response.

I say # the international community,. They clearly dont have Israel/Jewish interests in mind.
edit on 15-7-2011 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

Do you know why hamas wants to kill Israelis? Because israel took their land and murdered thousands of them. They are still bombing gaza. They use white phosphorus on civilians. I would fight back if I lived in gaza to. Imagine if your wife or child were killed for no reason, just imagine. Just give them their land back, end the dehumanizing blockades, then maybe their will be peace. Israel prohibits the import into the Gaza Strip of items such as cilantro, sage, jam, chocolate, french fries, dried fruit, fabrics, notebooks empty flowerpots and toys. How sick of a person do you have to be to think that is OK.
edit on 15-7-2011 by CREAM because: (no reason given)

But this will solve nothing, as Hamas has vowed to never stop fighting until Israel is destroyed.

Allowing them a sovereign state in Gaza and West Bank will not appease Hamas, and the rockets will fly again.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

Israel Navy Attacks International Boat in Gaza

www.turkishweekly.net

Israeli naval forces attacked with water cannons
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.salem-news.com

Fixed for you!! Im sure they were up to no good as usual, the Arabs love antagonizing Israel to give them bad press.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

Why should anyone comply with Israel when Israel doesn't comply with International laws?

These vessels are means of protests, but recently we have seen that Israel has become desperate, and are arresting, shooting and killing peaceful protesters to hide the aggression they have implemented against the natives of Palestine.

Are you suggesting people shouldn't be allowed to peacefully protest aggression? I know that is what Zionists want with the new law which makes it illegal to boycott Israeli products, but is that what you want? That will ultimately be the last straw that broke the camels back in my opinion.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I've got an idea,

Why not re-direct the whole Gaza flotilla to Somalia?

The United Nations have declared that the drought at the horn of Africa is the worst humanitarian crisis today, so it should have - from a humanitarian point of view - priority over Gaza, no?

www.huffingtonpost.com...

It's time to do some good in this world folks, and show that it's not all about politics.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join