It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Navy Attacks International Boat in Gaza

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

Regardless of what you think your most recent post is purely opinion. Meanwhile, it's still a fact that the U.N. And many other governing bodies have declared the blockade illegal. The international laws you quoted could just as easily be interpreted to impose a blockade on Israel due to their conduct in domestic and internation affairs. At the end of the day the Israeli government is just a big bully playing the victim card.
edit on 15-7-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-7-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: Impose

edit on 15-7-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: another spelling error

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are

Originally posted by CREAM

Originally posted by DerbyCityLights
Its the equvilant of a global pillow fight. Water Cannons? Sounds like they were NOT attempting to cause bodily harm but rather drive them away.

At least this time, I guess they got to much bad press when they just opened fire on the innocent civilians trying to give humanitarian aid. But just because they chose a non-lethal method doesnt mean its OK, that aid could have saved lives. This topic makes me cringe.

It's akin to a LEO tasering someone repeatedly while handcuffed. Just my two cents.
Only the LEO is tasering the guy to get him to drop his gun or his suicide vest in this case.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

Regardless of what you think your most recent post is purely opinion. Meanwhile, it's still a fact that the U.N. And many other governing bodies have declared the blockade illegal. The international laws you quoted could just as easily be interpreted to imply a blockade on Israel due to their conduct in domestic and internation affairs. At the end of the day the Israeli government is just q big bully playing the victim card.
And Hamas is a cowardly terror group that hides behind women and children while firing rockets from hospitals and giving suicide/homicide vests to their young children.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally
reply to post by CREAM

And whats wrong with forwarding that aid through the accepted channels?? Ie; send it to the port of Ashdod in Israel, or Al Arish in Egypt, where it will be brought by trucks into the Gaza strip.

Either way they get the aid. Isnt that the important thing? Why provoke Israel for?? Its insulting. Israel doesnt want so called "peace acitivists" to make a mockery of their sovereignty; and by refusing to listen to their warnings to continue to try to breach the bloackade deserves much more in my opinion than a water cannon attack.

Theres a COMPLETELY valid and logical reason for why the blockade exists. Hamas is a terrorist organization elected by the people of Gaza - to essentially kill Israelis. To counter this organization and its amoral tactics, Israel has enforced a maritime blockade which prevents them from getting their much desired weapons/ammunition from overseas.

Its completely logical. For some sick reason, liberals dont give a #. Its better that Hamas get their weapons/ammunition, kill Israelis, and then blame Israel for their "disproportionate' response.

I say # the international community,. They clearly dont have Israel/Jewish interests in mind.
edit on 15-7-2011 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

Do you know why hamas wants to kill Israelis? Because israel took their land and murdered thousands of them. They are still bombing gaza. They use white phosphorus on civilians. I would fight back if I lived in gaza to. Imagine if your wife or child were killed for no reason, just imagine. Just give them their land back, end the dehumanizing blockades, then maybe their will be peace. Israel prohibits the import into the Gaza Strip of items such as cilantro, sage, jam, chocolate, french fries, dried fruit, fabrics, notebooks empty flowerpots and toys. How sick of a person do you have to be to think that is OK.
edit on 15-7-2011 by CREAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally
reply to post by CREAM

And whats wrong with forwarding that aid through the accepted channels?? Ie; send it to the port of Ashdod in Israel, or Al Arish in Egypt, where it will be brought by trucks into the Gaza strip.

Either way they get the aid. Isnt that the important thing? Why provoke Israel for?? Its insulting. Israel doesnt want so called "peace acitivists" to make a mockery of their sovereignty; and by refusing to listen to their warnings to continue to try to breach the bloackade deserves much more in my opinion than a water cannon attack.

Theres a COMPLETELY valid and logical reason for why the blockade exists. Hamas is a terrorist organization elected by the people of Gaza - to essentially kill Israelis. To counter this organization and its amoral tactics, Israel has enforced a maritime blockade which prevents them from getting their much desired weapons/ammunition from overseas.

Its completely logical. For some sick reason, liberals dont give a #. Its better that Hamas get their weapons/ammunition, kill Israelis, and then blame Israel for their "disproportionate' response.

I say # the international community,. They clearly dont have Israel/Jewish interests in mind.
edit on 15-7-2011 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

You aren't exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer, are you?
Trust the criminals with the fates of their victims? What an absolutely genius idea!
Israel is about as trustworthy as Windows Vista ('nuff said).

"Why Insult Israel"? F*CK Israel
... SIDEWAYS! As long as they are committing genocide and are the oppressors, I will have absolutely NO compassion with them. Pretty ironic how the oppressed have become the oppressors, don't you think?

Just keep doing what you're doing Israel and I guarantee you that someone will decide to turn you into a huge glass crater sooner or later.

IT--
edit on 15-7-2011 by edog11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

It's a known fact that the blockade is illegal. Not that I put much weight in the U.N., but even a U.N. Committee has deemed the blockade of Gaza illegal. Many other countries openly announce their disagreement with the blockade. What are your thoughts on that?

can you put up some kind of a link to all of your facts, until then it is just hersay

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerbyCityLights
Its the equvilant of a global pillow fight. Water Cannons? Sounds like they were NOT attempting to cause bodily harm but rather drive them away.

Ok so I can just follow you around squirting you with high pressure water and you would be ok with it ?

Even if you are just making sure nobody is getting hurt.

That is like somebody in the MLB constantly squirting the ump with water during the game because the UMp is there to regulate the game.

Makes no sense..yet people defend it because they think they are smarter and can't learn anything.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jed001

U.N. Human Rights Chief: Israel's Blockade of Gaza Strip Is Illegal

GENEVA — United Nations human rights chief Navi Pillay on Friday accused Israel of violating the rules of warfare with its blockade stopping people and goods from moving in or out of the Gaza Strip.

Feel free to do your own web search. It's simple really. There are plenty of sources confirming this, take a pick. And here I was thinking everyone knew this

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by CREAM

Damn right you would fight back with EVERYTHING YOU'VE GOT. Just like how any other human being with a pair would. People have no idea just how painful it is to have a loved one murdered and the culprit running around, enjoying his freedom while playing the victim card, pretty much pissing on your loss.

Imagine: In the case of Gaza and Israel, they murder a multitude of your loved ones like your sons/daughters/parents/spouse etc. + they have stolen your land and continue to steal more + there is no justice being carried out by ANYONE + you and your remaining loved ones are under constant threat and bigotry, and are barely even managing to survive.

You know the cause of the pain and those problems and you know you have 2 choices.
1: Ignore it. Live with the pain and hope for a better future, even though the way things look right now, there wont be "a better future" for a long time if no action is taken.
2: Decide that ignoring the problem won't make it go away and that justice needs to be served.

I know what I would do

IT--
edit on 15-7-2011 by edog11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Also a little know fact, Israel also strictly limits EXPORTS from gaza. "The Agriculture Sector in the Gaza Strip has the potential to export 2 300 tons of strawberries, 55 million carnation flowers, and 714 tons of cherry tomatoes per annum in addition to locally consumed products.21 There has been close to zero export activity due to restrictions since the blockade." The UN Try reading that full UN report I linked to, then defend Israel, I dare anyone who defends Israel to read it.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by CREAM

Thanks for sharing that

I was not aware about that information. Israel has been systematically punishing Gaza for a long while, but this blockade on imports and exports is out of control. Judging by this information you shared, Gaza could very well be self sufficient if it weren't for Israeli interference. It's a shame the international community allows this to continue.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

reply to post by jed001

GENEVA — United Nations human rights chief Navi Pillay on Friday accused Israel of violating the rules of warfare with its blockade stopping people and goods from moving in or out of the Gaza Strip.

Feel free to do your own web search. It's simple really. There are plenty of sources confirming this, take a pick. And here I was thinking everyone knew this

i took you advice and did my own reaserch and found that the blockade is legal. i guess it depends on where you look

CAN ISRAEL IMPOSE A NAVAL BLOCKADE ON GAZA?

Yes it can, according to the law of blockade which was derived from customary international law and codified in the 1909 Declaration of London. It was updated in 1994 in a legally recognized document called the "San Remo Manual on International Law Applicable to Armed Conflicts at Sea."

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jed001

Put up source or "until then it is just hersay"

As I said to another member in an earlier post, those laws can also be used to impose a blockade on Israel. You make a good point about how it may be interpreted, I also made that point earlier in the thread. But, as others and myself have mentioned, Israel is by far the aggressor so by international law, Israel should be the country under a strict blockade.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

www.reuters.com... lla-gaza-idUSTRE65133D20100602

wow, and i thought you claimed to be the smart one

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jed001

Your link doesn't work...

And I thought you were the smart one...

Oh and I don't ever recall claiming to be smart. I would appreciate if you could also point out where I claimed to be smart.

Fixy linky!

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by jed001

reply to post by jed001

i took you advice and did my own reaserch and found that the blockade is legal. i guess it depends on where you look

CAN ISRAEL IMPOSE A NAVAL BLOCKADE ON GAZA?

Yes it can, according to the law of blockade which was derived from customary international law and codified in the 1909 Declaration of London. It was updated in 1994 in a legally recognized document called the "San Remo Manual on International Law Applicable to Armed Conflicts at Sea."

That doesnt mean they have the right to violate human rights as they are now, as the blockade is now more about dehumanization than security, maybe it would be legal if it was just about security.

Oh, here is a part of that report I posted before, also saying it is illegal:
"Restrictions imposed on the civilian population by the continuing blockade of the Gaza Strip amount to collective punishment, a violation of international humanitarian law.12 The blockade of Gaza also prevents or greatly hampers the exercise by the children, women and men living there of many human rights, including the right to food, the right to an adequate standard of living, the right to work, and the right to the highest attainable standard of health." The UN

Check out what else Israel blocks from gaza:

"Restricted basic agricultural inputs:

* Seeds and seedlings, Plastic piping
* Water pumps/filters/irrigation pipes
* Fishing nets, Engine spare parts
* Veterinary drugs (for raising cattle)
* Cement" (also from the UN link)

Can anyone say genocide?

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by CREAM

"Restricted basic agricultural inputs: * Seeds and seedlings, Plastic piping * Water pumps/filters/irrigation pipes * Fishing nets, Engine spare parts * Veterinary drugs (for raising cattle) * Cement" (also from the UN link) Can anyone say genocide?

That is one of the main things that really ticks me off about this whole situation. The pro-Israeli crowd says "why don't they bring the aid in through the proper channels?"

Are you freaking kidding me? When the aid is brought through the "proper channels" well needed supplies never make it to Gaza. How in the heck are they supposed to rebuild from all the bombardments taken from the hands of the Israeli air force and artillery when they can't even have cement!
edit on 15-7-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: punctuation

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by CREAM

if i'm not mistaken gaza is run by a know terrorist group, hamas. If the people of gaza would denounce Hamas and ask the UN to help get rid of them maybe there would be no need for a blockade.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by jed001
reply to post by CREAM

if i'm not mistaken gaza is run by a know terrorist group, hamas. If the people of gaza would denounce Hamas and ask the UN to help get rid of them maybe there would be no need for a blockade.

Terrorism

–noun 1. the use of violence and threats to intimidate or coerce, especially for political purposes. 2. the state of fear and submission produced by terrorism or terrorization. 3. a terroristic method of governing or of resisting a government.

Would the Israeli government not also qualify for this classification? I think this properly describes the current government in Israel.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Article 51 provides for the right of countries to engage in self-defence, including collective self-defence, against an armed attack.
“ Nothing in the present Charter shall impair the inherent right of individual or collective self-defence if an armed attack occurs against a Member of the United Nations, until the Security Council has taken measures necessary to maintain international peace and security. Measures taken by Members in the exercise of this right of self-defence shall be immediately reported to the Security Council and shall not in any way affect the authority and responsibility of the Security Council under the present Charter to take at any time such action as it deems necessary in order to maintain or restore international peace and security.
Hamas has attacked and is still attacking Israel. They can defend themselves. One of the historically recognized, and often used, methods of defense is to prevent your enemy from receiving war material. A blockade is an accepted method of so doing.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join