It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Playing The Race Card"?? Yeah Right!!! You Don't Know The Half!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
i love how black people always cry "the white man".

im one of those "white men" and i live in an area that is mostly black and hispanic and i can't even get a seat at a diner half the time. but it's ok because obviously i have held the black man down by NOT selling my own people into slavery and had a hand in all the southern bs. so i guess it's justified.

why is it ok these days to discriminate whites but no other race?

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hardstepah

im one of those "white men" and i live in an area that is mostly black and hispanic and i can't even get a seat at a diner half the time. but it's ok because obviously i have held the black man down by NOT selling my own people into slavery and had a hand in all the southern bs. so i guess it's justified.

Your diner is crowded and you justify your racism for that :pus:

If only this were 1930, "black and hispanic" people wouldn't even be at that diner! Wait.... no, then you would have to blame the diner for having good food (or maybe even WHITE people for wanting to eat there)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ProphecyPhD

This site is open-minded to a lot of topics except anything about blacks and muslims. Friend you must understand there are a great many folks on ATS (and elsewhere) who don't care what you as a black male go through in your day to day affairs to exist in this warped society as you very well read on this thread. So no amount of videotaping, name calling, arguing will change these people perceptions of you, a black man. Know that there are many blacks not to mention other races who are reading your posts and can empathize with your points even if they don't post for obvious reasons. However there are many sites on the web where folks know from experience from what you write and would be glad to address those issues you've pointed out. A friendly suggestion would be to find those sites when you want to address black issues because you would be better off writing about gray aliens wearing purple shoes on ATS.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Dude look at the structure of your first post. It is not the way that people usually do things arounds here. I made a thread about the declining black economic position but I first made a link to an independent article out there. Yours was possibly too self-referential. Could that be the reason why it is in rants?

I am not defending Skepticoverlord but he seems to be above the various factions arguming here. I agree that not all moderators are but hey it is probably the best site still as the winnuts are under control. Are there racists on ATS? HELL YES!

Rgds

T

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   

I am convinced the mods and owners of ATS are closet racist.

give it up or get over yourself, dude.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by NightGypsy

Maybe you should log off ATS and go study, with a high GPA you won't need a loan or a scholarship.

Interesting.......

So you think that a high GPA gets you into college for free?

I thought that was interesting too...as far as studying more...well I already have a bachelor's degree in Social Science and an working on a masters with a 3.34 GPA....so I think I am doing fair enough....although I could study more in all honesty.

As far as logging off of ATS...well no...I like to hang out here when I have some free time. I learn so much...this thread for instance...what an awesome look into how perspective and attitude changes the expected outcome.

Regardless...my GPA does not and has not gotten me any loans or scholarships...at least not my GPA alone...now it has qualified me for some different scholarships over the years...but it in no way even comes near paying for my education....more like $80,000 worth of student loans is my lifeboat.

It was a nice jab at me though....why don't I log off and go study? Funny!

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProphecyPhD
post removed by staff

Wow!! I thought I could attempt to help, but your mind is closed to any outside interpretation. Have you ever read the rules and regulations of this site? He stated his opinion, you attacked him for it. That is the reason for your loss of points, not because the mods are racist. Look at my profile, when I first came on this site I was a little more loose lipped and was penalized each time. Why? Because I disregarded the rules. Not because the mods are racist!!!!!

This thread needs to be closed, there will be no progress made from it!

edit on Sat Jul 16 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

When people say "you're playing the race card" i cringe. There is a side to life (i assume) that these people will never know.

If you don't believe that the race card is seriously overused you have some serious denial issues. I've personally witnessed it's abuse countless times. The race card gets used for allsorts and it knocks me sick, it only proves that those who use it are absolutely racist themselves.

I moved to South Africa when I was 10yrs old, in the schools I would be victimised daily for being English, I moved back after a year. My point is that I have experienced this kind of victimisation myself and can empathise with anyone who has gone through genuine racial abuse but people blatantly using the damn race card make my blood boil. People acknowledge that there is real racism going on, you didn't need to creat a thread to say ''look all...racism is real''

We already know racism is real and that it stinks of bullcrap but you setting up a video in which you probably did something to catch the eye of the undercover security guard or whatever he was before you started to film does nothing but harm your cause.

I set you a challenge. Turn your camera on just before you get to the shop, walk in and buy your goods, go an pay for them, then if you were followed you'd have a point. Let me see that video. You see, it's easy to get followed in a shop if you act suspicious, like in that video you showed.

Do you know what you've done with this thread? You've used the race card.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

They were profiled and they were targeted and they are being blamed because.......are you ready for this?

They.......were........acting......odd.....which......brings.....attention......to......themselves.

If you do this stuff in a store no matter your skin color you will get "unwanted" (though I think it was really wanted) attention.

As for you later posts stating ATS is closest racist...............really? Wow, sit back relax and let that chip fall from your shoulder. Yes, racism does still exist, it will never be removed. However, in this case it was not so, it was the actions of the teens that brought this on not their color.

I guess there always has to be a victim even if it is just a precieved one.

Raist

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Hawkwind.

Pardon me, everybody don't know racism is alive and well. Many folks think since they've never encountered it nor are affected by it, it don't exist.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hardstepah

im one of those "white men" and i live in an area that is mostly black and hispanic and i can't even get a seat at a diner half the time.

That's odd why can't you get a seat at the diner?

If the diner is not serving you because you are white you have a legal case.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

really? and you know this because you eat at the same places i do? or you are just trying to justify black peoples brainwashed hatred of white people?

but thank you for proving my point, you cry racism and you expect everybody to stick up for you, i say i can't get a table because im white in a black populated area, it's suddenly because im whining about the rdiner being over crowded (which is hardley the case).

what should i expect from a black kid who has no life experience other than crying race card because kanye told him to play that way to get ahead.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Chai_An

i went to deny's at around 9pm last week. 4 servers and only 5 tables filled. the hostest kept pretending we were not there, none of the servers asked us if we needed anything, just walked passed. i asked if we could just sit wherever they said "just a few minutes". waited another 15 and said # this place and left. that's what happened.

the waitress said "just a few minutes" like i had been pestering her, like she wanted to say "hold the f# on"

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Hardstepah

but thank you for proving my point, you cry racism and you expect everybody to stick up for you, i say i can't get a table because im white in a black populated area, it's suddenly because im whining about the rdiner being over crowded (which is hardley the case).

that was kind of the point i was trying to make back on page one, however i do not think i did a good job of it.
star for you.

whilst there is real racism, there are also people who over exagerate a situation that gets played out all over the world on a daily basis and turn it into a race issue.

the o.p. video claims racism as the first option without thinking of other reasons for why it occured. if the incident was replayed over and over again it would only be claimed to be racist if it is a white person who is doing the following around the shop. you can put any other race as the security gaurd and suddenly it becomes not racist.

also if the security gaurd was black, and he was following white people. again the racist claim will be laughed at. yet the incident is the same, the only changes are who's got what color skin.

black follows black = not racist
black follows white = not racist
white follows white = not racist
white follows black = racism!

yet all these scenerios happen in many shops up and down the country in every country, yet it is only racists when a white guy decides to follow a black guy. or stop a black guy or ask a black guy to move their hoodie before walking into a shop, etc etc.

it works this way in many situations.

my fence is getting damaged from the ball being kicked at it, so i go outside to ask it to stop, that is my motivation for going out, if i ask a white kid to stop kicking the ball at my fence, i am not racist, if i ask a black kid the same thing he might be o.k. with it but there will be a chance they might think i am being racist.

these are the scenerios that i call assumed racism.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by NightGypsy
I am a white woman and live in a city that is very racially diverse. Perhaps I should take a video camera around my city and videotape the racism that occurs....because it is rampant.

My videotape would reveal small black children glaring at me and giving me dirty looks as I stand in line behind them at a cash register. You would see black people ignoring me when I smile and say "hello" as I pass them on the street.

Do all black people do that? Certainly not. Do all white people have racist issues about blacks? Certainly not. But one thing I want to make very clear here is that I am well aware of how it feels to be subjected to racism. I can't tell you how disheartening it is to see a black child who has heard so much anti-white racial b.s. from the adults in his life that he first chooses to glare at me and give me dirty looks instead of smile. That child has no idea how many times I have called out someone who has made racial slurs against blacks. I have no tolerance for racism of any kind. It is the most senseless mindset on the planet, and I have no problem jumping down the throat of those who spew hatred in this manner.

No one can deny that the blacks have endured unbelievable atrocities at the hands of white men. It disgusts me and makes me ashamed that humanity can behave this way. But I have to say that the black community is every bit as racist as the white community.....perhaps even more so. I know this will anger some, but I'm just stating what most people know to be a fact.

All we can do is ignore these ignorant racial mindsets and continue living. Stop seeking out racism and stop anticipating it from every white person you run into. Stop dwelling on negativity. Do your thing. We all have the same opportunities.....

I thought this needed to be said again. It's my truth as well.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

How can MY post be off topic and I started the thread

edit on 7/17/2011 by ProphecyPhD because: typo

must just be "The Man" keeping you down..........

As has been stated before , the peole in the video were being followed and they should have been because they were acting suspicious.......someone at that place was doing their JOB....

Ive never seen so many blanket accusations by an ATS member on racism, even as far as towards the staff here on ATS...

You seriously need to reevaluate your though process and what YOU do that facilitates percieved racism towards you.........

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
this thread really should be closed. this has to be some sort of trolling. nobody can possibly be this ignorrant

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join