It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What "on earth" are those anomalies underwater?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Its amazing that something simple as using Google Maps can reveal mysteries right there and now.

There are ZILLIONS of "anomalies" and i would like to know what it is.

I would like your opinion on those three pics:

The first is some structure which seems to be 180km long/100km wide, second picture shows where the structure is (i zoomed out). The 3rd pic shows geometric lines near the coast of portugal/spain.

As a rationalist, the only thing i can explain it as is those are traces from "drill boats", "oil rigs", fishing nets etc....but then the dimensions dont make any sense! Even if an oil rig would move and leave traces...it wouldnt leave traces 1.5km WIDE?!

There is TONS and TONS more of geometric shapes and lines to find under water....

Edit: Is it possible to "embed" pics into post instead of linking them?

Edit: Images contrast enhanced etc..otherwise non altered. VERY OBVIOUS structures everyone can see on Google maps...so what the heck is it?

edit on 15-7-2011 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
pics don't work

that's better!

edit on 15-7-2011 by Beavers because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
can you post coordinates ?

you links are broken....not anymore

edit on 15-7-2011 by BadBoYeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
I'm interested. But your links appear to be broken

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
uploaded now, sorry had wrong folder at first.

I pasted the coords in..you should see it

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

the first pick was claimed to be part of atlantis, and it's location "beyond the pillars of hercules" fits with ancient texts

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
LOOK UP USO'S

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by BadBoYeed
reply to post by flexy123

the first pick was claimed to be part of atlantis, and it's location "beyond the pillars of hercules" fits with ancient texts

whatever it is it's huge. I was actually "browsing" there because of the recent findings/claims that Atlantis has been found, although not there but rather inland Spain north of Cadiz, under lots of mud. I happen to have moved to Spain, that's why this caused a natural interest.

Tip:

From that grid structure, go E..and then N, NE...there is just TONS of lines and structures until you pretty much arrive at the coast of Spain/Gibraltar.

Dont get me wrong, i dont know what to believe, whether Atlantis existed or not i simply dont know..but those structures/lines are right there and the general area (off the coats of Spain/Gibraltar) is also right.
edit on 15-7-2011 by flexy123 because: ("coats"..lol..)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
They are not anomalies. They are the grid pattern produced by the ships making the sonar scan.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
oceanservice.noaa.gov...

edit on 7/15/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Land masses disappear and appear in the ocean, as sea levels rise and fall (amongst other reasons), so it comes as no surprise to find potentially man-made structures miles off coastlines. It just goes to show how dynamic the earth is.
edit on 15-7-2011 by Firefly_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
This are sonar tracks after digitalization of data from old two side sonar.

Directly under such sonar is a blind area. This track shows how the ship with this sonar was mowing. This shows grid of tracks. This is exactly how the ships with sonars works when they are sounding some area looking for something. Maybe they were looking for Atlantis even who knows
but Goggle during digitalisation of that data didn't pay to much attention how it was made.

Not all sonars are this type. Rather older made only this track on maps.
edit on 15-7-2011 by odyseusz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Mind = blown.

edit on 15-7-2011 by TheodoreBundy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Here is a quick picture of those scan lines they refer to. Thanks for link by the way:

www.promisia.com...

The "city" structure does not look ANYTHING like that, in fact it looks 3-dimensional and there is no indication whatsoever there is higher resolution images "within" the traces.

I was and i am able to spot such "higher resolution" lines which have no physical equivalent...but THIS (referring to first post) just doesnt look like it to me.

Edit:

NOAA says "artifacts"...why are those drenches/lines exhibit shadow which is very much conform with the shadows of the other natural structures in the area?

Why should an "artifact" cast shadows and introduce a perception of depth/structure as THESE lines definitely do?

Furthermore:

If those are sonar scans...why do they stop when there is an elevation and not include the elevation? As if the lines are a natural part of the terrain?

You can see three "mounds" or elevations in the picture (the first picture), and NONE of the so called "sonar scan lines for higher resolution" is touching/covering those mounds. (I would assume that a scan made from a ship would not "know" about the terrain below...and i would also expect the lines look much more like artifacts or simply evident and obvious areas of higher resolutions..but there is really nothing there which makes me believe that official explanation.

YES i am aware that it wouldn't' make sense that someone covers up a story of "atlantis found" and calls it "artifacts" instead.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

But, if that were the case then would you not expect to see these Grid patterns everywhere?
edit on 18-7-2011 by BadBoYeed because: (no reason given)

top topics

join