It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Punch a Hole in the Fabric of Time with a "Time Cloak"

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by famalhut

This sounds like one of those highly speculative but theoretically plausible implications of physics.

Highly speculative? But they demonstrated it.

Researchers at Cornell have designed, built and demonstrated the first "cloak" that hides events in time.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

From the looks of it, it's a "Time-viewing machine." Now all the person that has invented this, is watch "Paycheck" and still think it's right to see the future or past.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

cure cancer? ever hear of the 'Gerson method'? i saw a cool movie on Netflix called FOODMATTERS, some interesting stuff

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   

The time cloak takes two of those lenses and arranges them so that one compresses a beam of light while the other decompresses it. That leaves the beam seemingly unchanged, but the diffraction and dispersion actually "cloak" small events in the beam's timeline.

How exactly distorting a beam of light affects TIME? They only affected that beam's timeline, not the time itself, right? And I don't think they can do that (compressing and decompressing) to a more complex object, or a living creature.
Something doesn't sound right to me.

the idea of temporal cloaking was proposed in which the dispersion of the material is manipulated in time to produce a "time hole" in the probe beam to hide the occurrence of the event from the observer.

A"time hole" or a "light hole"?
And maybe I miss something, but if it's hidden from the observer, how did they know it happened?

Or maybe I should leave this for scientists, because I don't seem to wrap my head around it.

edit on 16-7-2011 by WhiteHat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by famalhut
This sounds like one of those highly speculative but theoretically plausible implications of physics. Allthough calculations might show it possible, it will most likely never become a reality. Just like the Alcubierre drive.

But it makes for good science fiction and a great way to draw more attention to science, which means more funding, which means more research towards applications that are actually possible, not to mention useful.

My opinion exactly.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by polit
Can all of you people answer me. How does this have _ANYTHING_ to do with time? Anything, in any way, whatsoever? All they are doing is bending light around an area (like how I disparaged that impressive technological accomplishment?). How does that equate to anything to do with time, time dilation, the passage of time etc? Time is still flowing within the area that the light (slowed down & sped up light) is bent around. The probe just wraps around the event and does not register the event. How does that have to do with time???????

Ding ding ding =)

I was wondering how long it would take for someone to point out the reality of this. Unfortunately you are absolutely correct, there is not a shred of time dilation taking place here. It is a spacial distortion. It is the beam of light that is changed, not the flow of time.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

Wow thanks for the video link. I haven't seen this before, it definitely appears that light is bent around this figure before it reaches the armor. The question is what is the guy doing? To what extent are they fielding this equipment? Do you have any more links?

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   
It's still cool regardless though, isn't it? Cloaking stuff.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   
So you can Cloak some thing?
hide it in time?
so? you can Not see it for some! time?
and they can not see out.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
This is really confusing, I dont think i fully understand the concept

But the invisibility cloak stuff is just plain scary, imagine the 'evil' that can be done with that

Oh, and thanks for the 'Time Traveller caught in photo' article, that was a funny read

S&F to both of you

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Son of Will

I believe it is because, the fastest point between 2 objects is a strait line. If you ark the line around an object it would take longer to get to its destination, than if you went strait threw the object.

So the viewer on the other side of the object will see the light milliseconds after the viewer in front.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Time travel is not possible as you see in movies however time travel is indeed possible in other ways. One of the most simple is looking through a telescope, the picture of the universe as you would see it is light and a picture of a past long ago.

I would say it is more likley that we could eventually travel to new dementions but not travel back a forth through time. Perhaps a Einstein Rosen - bridge could infact move you cab and forth through space time but once again you are never stalling time on either side , you would just be moving quickly from one distant place to another.

There was a real cool photo floating around the web that was supposed to be evidence of time travel, similar to the one the op posted.

Either way good stuff!

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Maybe it should be called time-slipping or bending instead of travel. The perception of time is being altered? Imagine if an object could be completely shifted out of time to either a slower or faster rate relation to the source.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aphek
reply to post by RUSSO

Wow thanks for the video link. I haven't seen this before, it definitely appears that light is bent around this figure before it reaches the armor. The question is what is the guy doing? To what extent are they fielding this equipment? Do you have any more links?

I think is some sort of a spy. No more info, unfortunately.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

I saw it yesterday so i might be wrong

but from i recall it looks like a demonstration of a video that is shopped.

truck comes along, and there is an explosion as it hits a hole in the road

the video feed cuts out, and the video is looped, same truck hits same hole but instead of it getting blown up
a few people run past and the soldier in that special gear runs and gets into truck.

to me it was the same event with the first one being shopped to look like it blew up, and the 2nd one being shopped to look like there was crazy tech involved.

agree? discuss..

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
It takes four coordinates for matter to exist in our perception of reality. These are (x,y,z,t). If matter is time cloaked, it does not have a time, t, coordinate. Therefore, this cloaked matter does not exist in our perception of reality.

The BIG Question. Where does the matter reside while cloaked if it is not in our reality/universe?

The matter is in superposition.

The 5th dimension.

The second dimension of time.

Prespacetime.

Alpha time.

The spirit world.

All of these are the same place.

A place where time does not exists as we understand it. The place of singularity within all black holes.

The place where the electron goes when it pops in and out of reality as it orbits the nucleus of an atom.

Watch this video to learn more about Alpha time.

www.youtube.com...

This is where the extra energy may be coming from at CERN LHC.

Smashing protons together punches a whole in the fabric of three dimensional space and quickly seals at 3 TeV power only allowing enough energy for humans to be curious about the extra peak on their graphs at CERN.

What is going to happen when it is cranked up to full power of 7 TeV in December 2012?

What happens when the hole does not seal quickly?

Could this be how the Big Bang starts or will we first see our dead relatives come flying through the hole like the Bible says they will once again walk the earth during the rapture?

We now see more and more evidence that the 5th dimension exists all around us but our five senses cannot pick it up. The dimension is curled up so small that it is only accessible at the quantum level.

We all have been there, in Alpha time. Our consciousness becomes nonlocal when we dream.

This is why our dreams allow us to travel backward and forward through time and space like an electron wave in superposition. Our consciousness is in alpha time/superposition and behaves as a wave function like in the double slit experiment.

When our body chooses to awaken, the wave function collapses and our consciousness becomes fixed in our perception of reality as we return from a visit to the 5th dimension where all possibilities exist.

This is where our consciousness goes when we are anesthetized, and when we have an out of body experience while on drugs such as '___'.

This is what the double slit experiment indicates and this is where the particles go when time cloaked.

Just wait and see.

Comments?
edit on 12-1-2012 by consciousgod because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join