It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mormons, Baby Selling Rings, Unwed Fathers, and Utah

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Utah has become a magnet for unwed mothers seeking a haven to have their unwanted babies and get a little extra cash. What the state of Utah does is allow this sort of thing to take place through their corrupt laws, loop holes, shady back scratching and by creating a scenario where it's nearly impossible for biological fathers to gain custody of the child once it's born. If you have not heard of the John Wyatt case I urge you to check these out:

ABC NEWS
Dr. Phil

Washington Post

Deseret News

Some are calling this legal kidnapping. Others are stating that the child's best interest is to live in a good Mormon home rather than with a single father. I too am a victim of child theft through this criminal system and have followed John's case from day one. I would like you all to be aware that John has been awarded custody by the state of Virginia where the child was born. John attended the Utah supreme court last September and is STILL waiting to hear a ruling of whether or not Virginia has the right to award custody above Utah's already awarded adoption. Let me be clear, the adoption was NOT legal as John was seeking custody of his child since he became aware that his child was born and that the bio Mom had dissapeared.

Heres where the conflict of interest comes in. This is how it's all set up and running like a fine tuned machine. Mr. Larry S. Jenkins represents adoptive families. He represents the agencies such as A Act of Love adoption agency in Utah. He is co-chair of the Utah Adoption Council's legislative committee, which works with the Utah legislature to "improve" the adoption legislature in Utah. I have done a little research on Larry S. Jenkins and was horrified to learn that he was given an adoption award by a well-known Orrin G. Hatch. Does all this back-scratching and hand holding happen at court? The mormon temple?

Now you are wondering why I am talking about this now, yes, these videos and articles are old news. I want you to be aware of what is happening right now! The Utah State Supreme Court has taken 10 1/2 months so far and still has not decided. Baby Emma is going to be 3 soon. This is their tried and true method of winning a case for adoptive families. All they have to do is drag it out long enough so that they can say, "it's in the child's best interest to stay with the only family she knows." This is a travisty and the fact that the mainstream media focuses on cases like Casey Anthony where there is nothing left to fight for besides principle when there is a LIVING child and family who are seeking justice. Unwed fathers deserve a right to their children. I want to know what ATS reactions are to Utah giving Dads the ultimate middle finger!? If you aren't sickened by this maybe a screen shot of my abducted neice's bio mom -from myspace- will do the trick.

check it out on Babyselling.com

This website hasn't been updated in a while and I want to make it known that baby O'Dea was never returned to her biological family. Her paternal grandmother begged on her death bed for one picture. You can find her e-mails to Larry Jenkins asking for this last thing. A last dying wish. It was never granted.

edit on 14-7-2011 by getreadyalready because: Fixed all caps title

edit on 14-7-2011 by getreadyalready because: Fixed embeds

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
You obviously are mad at the whole State for something that happened to you which really isn't the most accurate way to look at things.

I could give you a long list of fathers who have won custody in Utah but I have a feeling that your gonna remain upset no matter how much you may be wrong.

Sorry about your situation though.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

ok kro can we see that list. that would be nice
Courts around the world seem to always favour the mother. responsible dads always get a the bad end of the stick
edit on 14-7-2011 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I found this rather interesting as I have been wondering about a neighbor of mine who was pregnant last year and had a baby and then I never saw the baby. This year she is pregnant again, in fact, due almost any day from the looks of it (she walks her dogs in the neighborhood). The neighbor is Mormon. I was curious as to whether they were having babies for someone else or something similar. I just found it strange that she is pregnant every year and still no children live in the house. I wasn't sure if that was a Mormon thing or ???.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
So Mr. Wyatt new of the pregnancy, birth and adoption yet did nothing about it. Now he wants the child.
First process was ignored in Feb 09, and the Desert News Article is from Sept 10.
What is the problem? It is not that the father was stripped of any rights, as he had the opportunity to object to the adoption.

The rest of the article is hearsay.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArtistikA
I found this rather interesting as I have been wondering about a neighbor of mine who was pregnant last year and had a baby and then I never saw the baby. This year she is pregnant again, in fact, due almost any day from the looks of it (she walks her dogs in the neighborhood). The neighbor is Mormon. I was curious as to whether they were having babies for someone else or something similar. I just found it strange that she is pregnant every year and still no children live in the house. I wasn't sure if that was a Mormon thing or ???.

No, it is not a Mormon thing.
How about you just go ask?

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Here is some old but still relevant data to this thread:

State Father Mother Joint Category

Montana 8.1/8.4 47.8/46.4 43.3/44.0 High
Kansas 7.8/6.8 50.1/47.2 39.5/43.6
Connecticut 5.3/5.3 58.7/58.1 35.8/36.4
Idaho 9.8/10.4 57.9/55.3 31.9/33.2
Rhode Island NA/5.4 NA/62.2 NA/31.7
Alaska NA/14.2 NA/63.1 NA/19.5 Medium
Vermont NA/10.6 NA/71.4 NA/17.1
Illinois 8.7/9.2 77.4/75.4 13.7/15.1
Wyoming 11.0/9.5 73.0/74.4 14.1/15.1
Missouri 10.4/11.0 74.4/73.1 14.0/14.8
Oregon 10.7/12.6 74.1/71.7 14.9/14.0
Michigan 9.5/11.2 76.4/73.9 12.5/14.2
Virginia NA/11.6 NA/70.9 NA/13.8
Pennsylvania 10.5/10.0 78.6/76.7 9.4/10.1 Low
Utah 10.5/9.7 79.3/81.1 10.1/9.0
Tennessee 11.1/11.3 78.9/78.9 8.1/8.6
Alabama 9.7/10.7 79.5/80.2 9.3/8.6
New Hampshire 12.2/11.0 79.9/80.4 6.6/7.1
Nebraska NA/12.2 NA/81.3 NA/4.1

Table 1. Physical Custody Awarded (percent), 1989/1990

Source: Monthly Vital Statistics Report, Vol. 43, No. 9 (March 22, 1995),
National Center for Health Statistics.

deltabravo.net...

As you can see by these percentages, Utah is one of the States awarding fathers custody more often than many other states.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

It seems I have offended you, was not my intent. I am not going to go up to someone I really don't know and ask questions of thatpersonal nature if I don't know them. I am just posting my observations. What did you have in mind for me to ask?

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArtistikA
reply to post by macman

It seems I have offended you, was not my intent. I am not going to go up to someone I really don't know and ask questions of thatpersonal nature if I don't know them. I am just posting my observations. What did you have in mind for me to ask?

Nope, no offense what so ever.
Just short and to the point.

If you knew the person, why not ask how the kids are.
If not, then it is kind of dicey.
Maybe they lost the child during birth. You never know.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

You have not informed yourself on the steps John had legally taken even hours after his child was born. She and John were speaking up until the birth and she admits she knew of his intentions to raise the baby. Please get all of the facts before you continue to comment. Thanks.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

I don't even know how to read this. Are these even relevant? Dates are over 20 years ago?

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
You obviously are mad at the whole State for something that happened to you which really isn't the most accurate way to look at things.

I could give you a long list of fathers who have won custody in Utah but I have a feeling that your gonna remain upset no matter how much you may be wrong.

Sorry about your situation though.

Yes, I am MAD. Why can't I be accurate? Have my points been bunk because I am passionately angry at what is happening to Dads? Can you show me statistics of fathers that have won custody after the child was given up for adoption illegally?? That's what I am interested in. That's the point of this thread.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildoracle13
reply to post by macman

You have not informed yourself on the steps John had legally taken even hours after his child was born. She and John were speaking up until the birth and she admits she knew of his intentions to raise the baby. Please get all of the facts before you continue to comment. Thanks.

The articles you provided do not show those facts. Where are you getting them?

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

try this

or this

or this

There are articles all over the internet.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

reply to post by macman

try this

or this

or this

First source is your post, cute.
Second is a Blog, not really proof.
Third is a Washington Post article that has some proof and some statements.
Ok, so the Utah state laws governing adoption or not easy to get around. And there is a law suite to reverse the adoption.
You have 2 States, exerting State's Rights issues.

Looks like one, if it is true that the Hospital lied, a law suite would be filed against them.
If the mother gave the child up for adoption, and it is Mr. Wyat's Life pursuit to get the child back, why would they be back together?
If a woman lied, cheated and stolen a child from me, I would not be dating that person.

As for trying to pin it to Mormons? Really, is that all you got?
Come on.
The Bio-mom made a decision. The Bio-dad may have not been given the opportunity to interject, but where are the court docs to provide this? That is what falls on hearsay.

This has nothing to do with Mormons and has everything to do with a woman who gave up a child, now regrets the decision and wants to go back on it.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman

reply to post by macman

try this

or this

or this

First source is your post, cute.
Second is a Blog, not really proof.
Third is a Washington Post article that has some proof and some statements.
Ok, so the Utah state laws governing adoption or not easy to get around. And there is a law suite to reverse the adoption.
You have 2 States, exerting State's Rights issues.

Looks like one, if it is true that the Hospital lied, a law suite would be filed against them.
If the mother gave the child up for adoption, and it is Mr. Wyat's Life pursuit to get the child back, why would they be back together?
If a woman lied, cheated and stolen a child from me, I would not be dating that person.

As for trying to pin it to Mormons? Really, is that all you got?
Come on.
The Bio-mom made a decision. The Bio-dad may have not been given the opportunity to interject, but where are the court docs to provide this? That is what falls on hearsay.

This has nothing to do with Mormons and has everything to do with a woman who gave up a child, now regrets the decision and wants to go back on it.

Oh man, sorry about my link-age there. Wow.
I am at work, but still bad excuse. I will post as many links as you want but I have tried finding public court documents as that would be the best answer to your questions and proof of John's statements. When you mentioned John being back with the bio mom, I too had the same reaction. But think about it for a second, they are young, and both are going through a tremendous ordeal after she made a very bad but forced decision that she now deeply regrets. Colleen's family are mormon and the ones who contacted the adoption agency. I am sure you can about guess how that one played out, young scared mother being told to give her baby up for adoption. It's the only choice, the right choice. The hid her in a motel room, had her sign over her rights and left. Virginia ruled it illegal and John custody because their laws state there has to be a 3 day post birth waiting period. Rather than arguing over the issues help me find the court documents. Help me find out how Jenkins is getting away with the conflict of interest as a chairman on the utah adoption council, lobbyist for A Act of Love and an attorney for adoptive parents working with A Act of Love. Help me find out how long the Utah State Supreme court can justify dragging this out so long when John has legal custody and deserves his child. Help me find out how many chief justices are LDS who might be swayed to rule in favor of a "sealed" adoptive family. AGH. Please, I don't wish to pin blame for the sake of hate slinging. I want the TRUTH. You ATSers are the best on the net for finding things, that's why I brought this here.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
His full story was on Dateline August 19th. Utah's laws are criminal, what happened to this man is an outrage. I can't believe that no one is talking about this on ATS. Talk about a conspiracy. WOW.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
few more links...

here

and here

and here

I am sorry one of those is a blog, but they have links to news, well did, it is old. I also admit I am more than a little biased against the church that runs that state. But I think crooks are also taking advantage of their laws they use to swell their ranks.

I am surprised also that there isnt more on this here. Maybe its the religious aspect, or just how polarizing the topic is in general. This isnt new, its been going on for a while and the whole system everwhere needs work, Utah is just one of or the worst and gets more attention from media. Which still isnt much attention.

top topics

join