It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newest ANONYMOUS video "how they will save the world."

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

You also forgot to laugh and took things seriously. Another grand mistake in anything dealing with ANON as an "entire whole".

Isn't this a matter of opinion too? You might side with whatever causes they support or decide it is not something you care about. I think they are sort of funny myself but on a couple of occasions I think they actually did some good and if they can get some momentum and interest as well as a plan they really could do many things revolutionary and fresh. Someone, somewhere is afraid of what Anon might accomplish if they gained supporters. I am not sure who they are though since "they" are concealed too.

Who are these people?

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

I just was annoyed seeing all the people that were actually mislead and commenting about anonymous based on the vid.

True, this happened. I thought the mods sort of stepped in and said no more games with Anonymous threads and so I was taken in like the rest. Ha ha, got me.
And ditto. I was actually looking forward to seeing the video he posted but then after the first few seconds I realized it was a parody. Great way to waste my time. I am interested in learning more about Anonymous. This didn't do it for me and it wasn't all that funny. No offense to Mr Mask. Other threads he has started are interesting. This just isn't one of them.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant
Isn't this a matter of opinion too?

That's a tuff one...so I will be cautious in trying to answer it.

Ok, here goes...

Yes?

MM

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   

No offense to Mr Mask. Other threads he has started are interesting. This just isn't one of them.

THIS I disagree with fully!

NO thread I create is interesting. And any say otherwise is disinfo.

Thanks for posting!

MM

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

I chuckled a few times through this legend of a thread.

The wet spot proves it.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Samuelis
reply to post by Mr Mask

I chuckled a few times through this legend of a thread.

The wet spot proves it.

First-

Then-

But then-

Sweeet!

Thank you!
edit on 15-7-2011 by Mr Mask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by OMsk3ptic
I thought the video was funny, but reading people's comments on it is even more hilarious!

WARNING do not read the comments on that youtube page.

I can not be held responsible for how I act on websites other than ATS.

Seriously...

MM

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mask

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/526217b2e4b2.jpg[/atsimg]

MM

Darn shame I didn't grow up in your town, I would have fit in by not fitting in just fine I think.
Looks like an amazing circle of friends to hang with.
I used makeup instead of a mask on stage but the concept remains the same.
Probably because it's hard to sing though a Darth Vader mask.

Ideas are bulletproof

Kind of a slow song though.
I miss the mosh the most!
To you and your circle -
Salut!

ATA

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Haveing a bad morning so watched you're vid again.

Please do another one, btw you owe me a new keyboard due to the coffee all over it.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mividau
Haveing a bad morning so watched you're vid again.

Please do another one, btw you owe me a new keyboard due to the coffee all over it.

I can promise a new video WILL surface, sooner or later.

Just can't promise it will be any good...

But that never stops me from making them.

Hope your morning ends up better!

MM

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

I'm willing to bet you would have fit in very well with the rest of us recluse introverts all geeked out on geekyness and strife. Its a damn shame our paths didn't cross sooner and in more festive of places.

Face paint eh? Lol...I would not have guessed that, but I am making note of it. I find the thought of you performing in face paint to be "awesome". I would actually like to see some of your music if you have any for showing. Even more so if I can take a gander at the face paint (hint hint!).

Singing through a Mask was always a problem, so one would have to slightly lift it to reveal the chin and mouth. The hand the microphone covered that enough to remain unseen.

As for the album/song "Ideas are Bullet proof", I only did the cover art for that. I can't take credit or abuse for its pace or quality. The band was a great bunch of activist-punks though, and I enjoyed them as good people.

Their music was a little more "pleasant" then the vulgar rubbish me and my band-mate produced. Different time, different genres, different goals and ideas.

Thanks for posting and salute!

MM

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

Where to begin? First of all I have to give a hat tip to the creator, whoever he may be, as he hides behind his anonymous mask on top of his Mr. Mask. This video is epic and not in the epic fashion of getting free crazy bread with your pizza. No this is epic on an actual epic level.

The satire. Personally I just love satire, sarcasm, double-speak, and all sorts of other creative ways of saying the opposite of what you actually mean and yet so clearly stating what you really mean. The satire was beautifully done. Not once did you deviate from the plan and that is the key to pulling off great satire. The more praise you heaped onto ANON, the worse they looked and the more imaginary clothes you dressed them in the more naked they appeared. Your accompanying images were selected with heart surgeon precision and really added to the video. Your references to pizza, cats, and other popular internet searches, i.e. naked girls, was funny and really made clear to all of us the reason most of anon does what it does. For the LULZ of course.

Why for the LULZ? Because that's why everyone does anything they don't have to do. Boredom, frustration that they can't find a girlfriend, mad because they keep getting pwned playing Modern Warefare 2 on XBox Live. (It's always internet lag, never my fault I suck at the game)
"*&#$%! That's it! I'm pissed. Let's try to hack some websites!"
I have no doubt that there are a few legitimate hackers with some skill. I'm sure that there a a handful of Neo type individuals who work as a respected programmer by day, and moonlight by night posting references on how to hack someone's Wordpress account. I think for the most part however it's bored kids trying to piggy-back the few skilled so they feel like they're accomplishing something other than beating the final boss in Final Fantasy XIII.

And perhaps that is the underlying message in the video. ANON does do some things but really not a lot when you look at the big picture. ANON isn't going to make some huge difference alone. L. Ron Hubbard books are still flying off the shelves. Honestly, South Park's video of Scientology did more damage to the group than ANON did. Hacked websites are restored from backups in under 30 minutes and people go back to doing whatever it was they did before ANON attacked them and forget about the whole event in the time it takes Pizza Hut to deliver another cheese pizza.

Okay, now to stop looking at your video in any sort of intellectual manner. From a pure entertainment aspect... Dude! That was hilarious. I laughed for real over this. Well done and hope to see more in the future from you.

*One small critique. Some profanity is okay but too much and you run the risk of your video being mistaken for hip-hop. So add more Snoop Dog, or less profanity.

edit on 15-7-2011 by dbates because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
reply to post by Mr Mask

Where to begin? First of all I have to give a hat tip to the creator, whoever he may be, as he hides behind his anonymous mask on top of his Mr. Mask. This video is epic and not in the epic fashion of getting free crazy bread with your pizza. No this is epic on an actual epic level.

As if FREE crazy bread is not the true definition of "epic". Please!

The satire. Personally I just love satire, sarcasm, double-speak, and all sorts of other creative ways of saying the opposite of what you actually mean and yet so clearly stating what you really mean. The satire was beautifully done. Not once did you deviate from the plan and that is the key to pulling off great satire.

Satire, double -speak and all the other wonderful sorts of word-playing-tomfoolery is also a thing I enjoy. Its best when its misunderstood by most, and even better when completely misunderstood by almost all. I blush at your description, and thank you kindly.

Why for the LULZ? Because that's why everyone does anything they don't have to do. Boredom, frustration that they can't find a girlfriend, mad because they keep getting pwned playing Modern Warefare 2 on XBox Live. (It's always internet lag, never my fault I suck at the game)

OK! That's it! Where did you mods place this secret camera in my house? How do you know this much about my motives and what drives me towards them? I'm serious...where?

By the way, its not always lag, sometimes its quick-scoping, corner camping, noob-tubing modders!

But its never my lack of skill.

"*&#$%! That's it! I'm pissed. Let's try to hack some websites!"
I have no doubt that there are a few legitimate hackers with some skill. I'm sure that there a a handful of Neo type individuals who work as a respected programmer by day, and moonlight by night posting references on how to hack someone's Wordpress account. I think for the most part however it's bored kids trying to piggy-back the few skilled so they feel like they're accomplishing something other than beating the final boss in Final Fantasy XIII.

Agreed. Anyone who thinks the majority of these "ANON" front-page grabbers are actually heroes with a golden soul and a one-track-mind of saving the world are fooling themselves.

I agree there are good folks in this circle...but that is only because they are all human, and all circles of humans have a few good apples to off set the bad ones.

And perhaps that is the underlying message in the video. ANON does do some things but really not a lot when you look at the big picture. ANON isn't going to make some huge difference alone. L. Ron Hubbard books are still flying off the shelves. Honestly, South Park's video of Scientology did more damage to the group than ANON did.

They sure did. The pointing towards Hubbard's little cult and insisting they have been erased from the face of the globe, was my way of saying- "hey you! ANON couldn't handle a cult of personality" how the hell are they going to save your world.

They can't...they won't...in fact, the real way to save the world is save it yourself and stop waiting for a fictional hero to surface and save it for you.

Hacked websites are restored from backups in under 30 minutes and people go back to doing whatever it was they did before ANON attacked them and forget about the whole event in the time it takes Pizza Hut to deliver another cheese pizza.

Bingo. Sadly, most who now stand to praise ANON as the second coming, are the very same people who will forget them after they don't live up to their fantasies. Its what people like that do- forget the past, look hopeful towards a silly future, and then just move on when it doesn't pan out.

May I point towards all those who swore Wikileaks was the answer to the world's problems as far back as 5 months ago? And now what? Yeah...the TV doesn't show them off no more, so most of the zealots just assume wikileaks went away.

Sure there are the hardcore supporters still at large...but those numbers are hardly the roaring hoard of wishful thinkers of last year.

Okay, now to stop looking at your video in any sort of intellectual manner. From a pure entertainment aspect... Dude! That was hilarious. I laughed for real over this. Well done and hope to see more in the future from you.

I'll be making movies and art for the rest of my life. That is the only promise I can ever honestly make.

*One small critique. Some profanity is okay but too much and you run the risk of your video being mistaken for hip-hop. So add more Snoop Dog, or less profanity.

Snoop dog don't return my calls...he acts like he's still famous or something. Whatever!

I apologize for my vulgarity. I'm a scamp and a guttersnipe, bred in a pit of thieves and pigs. Its hard to change one's colors. If it means almost anything at all- I swore a LOT more in the past....heck, I'm now almost a saint in comparison!

Thank you so much for the wonderful words on the vid. Its good to know that its intent did not go unnoticed by all.

Hell...its also fun knowing its intent was missed by many.

MM
edit on 15-7-2011 by Mr Mask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Ok, here goes...

Yes?

MM

I love your condescending nature.
On most people it is offensive but you make it work. Good for you!

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

No offense to Mr Mask. Other threads he has started are interesting. This just isn't one of them.

THIS I disagree with fully!

NO thread I create is interesting. And any say otherwise is disinfo.

Thanks for posting!

MM

I beg to disagree. There are many very interesting things you have posted. I just can't think of any of them right now off the top of my head. And for a two word answer it is not worth searching.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

I'm starting to like you more and more sir. You take snark and snark right back! Its that kind of skin I find most worthy of calling thick.

But I still call Bull on your whole "I've made interesting things". I have looked up my history.

I see "jerky, shallow, childish, irrelevant, off topic, crude, low-brow, crappy and mundane".

No "interesting".

Thanks for posting, even if you are inclined to make up stories like this.

All hugs!

MM

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

I sense sarcasm here.

But I'll take it!

MM

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Ok, here goes...

Yes?

MM

I love it too, it's there, but suttle and not overly rude, just enough to give a slight friendly jab.
Honestly this is the most entertaining thread in awhile for me. Keep up the pot stirring MM

PS, who the f&*# is guy fawkes? I just want one of those cool masks
edit on 15-7-2011 by dl2one because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by dl2one
I love it too, it's there, but suttle and not overly rude, just enough to give a slight friendly jab.
Honestly this is the most entertaining thread in awhile for me. Keep up the pot stirring MM

You sir are one sort of sick-o! But I respect that and have given you a star in support of your sickness.

Sick on my friend...sick on.

And thank you for your posting!

MM

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

I like stars, nom nom nom

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join