It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dollar falls sharply after Bernanke; euro rebounds

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Dollar falls sharply after Bernanke; euro rebounds

www.reuters.com

The dollar fell against most major currencies on Wednesday after Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke said the central bank could resort to more monetary stimulus if a sluggish U.S. economy weakens further.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
So what do you think the federal reserve are going to do?
Alter the reserve Ratio or Lower the discount rates?
Either way it involves further manipulation by the corrupt fraudsters.

I really don't know much about economics but from where I am standing the dollar looks likely to crash soon. Whether the food crisis comes before the dollar collapsing or not I wouldn't like to hazard a guess.

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
big ben will turn those print presses back on a little more, what does the fed care? the people on top got damn near all they could out of the dollar anyway. they got peak profit when the dollar was strong, and when it started to fail they gobbled up the gold and silver. bunch of G-DAMN pigs!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

It ok we can use gold as money. Wait Bernanke said that's not money! How do stupid drunk people get such good jobs?

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
So we have a probable QE3, and either a default or debt ceiling raise.

Which will make the economic future even more uncertain......

I wonder if we'll see QE4 next year?

This must be getting confusing even for the speculators.

What a mess.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

QE3 and printing more dollars will NOT improve the situation. We are living in a bubble...and that bubble will inevitably burst. Many economic experts are already saying that it will happen. The Euro won't fair any better though...they're both set to fail.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

I think there will be riots if qe3 is instituted. The fed even said there are significant diminishing returns with each additional qe.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
It'll probably look good at first, but like other poster's said, it's going to be a bubble. We had one mid-90's to y2k, rates were also kept unprecendently low around 2002 on to 2005. I think people are going to believe everything is going to smooth out if they're watching the markets. The bubble is going to bust.

Long-time readers know that I’ve been betting my time, money and reputation on the idea that we’ve been heading into the greatest bubble ever in large part because. Think about it…You know what I think I’ll be writing in five or ten years?

Most likely it’ll be something like this:

Do you remember how that the Fed kept rates at artificially low rates, especially starting in late 2008 and 2009, eventually dropping them all the way to a truly unprecedented 0% rate and then going on to create trillions in brand new quantitative easing methods, even as the stock market and commodities have been in big-time boom mode? Do you remember how that was a large part of what propelled us into the greatest asset bubble that the world had ever seen?

Linky Dinky to the rest of the insightful article

edit on 13-7-2011 by AMANNAMEDQUEST because: (no reason given)

top topics

join