It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Naked Death Plunge-Guy & Gal in Bizarre Tragedy on NYC Bridge: (sign of the times?)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   

A former Bronx Science biology teacher and her boyfriend drove to the middle of the Tappan Zee Bridge yesterday, emerged naked from their car and, holding hands until the last second, jumped in a bizarre suicide mission, cops said.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1407b8d177b3.jpg[/atsimg]

Alfa Choice, 29, was pulled from the churning Hudson River alive but died shortly after. Her boyfriend, Christopher Shears, 44, incredibly survived the plunge and was unconscious in the intensive-care unit at Nyack Hospital. He's expected to survive but may be paralyzed.

Witnesses saw them halt their Chevy Tahoe in the right, southbound-bound lane of the bridge shortly after 9 a.m. With traffic backing up behind them, they got out of the SUV together, completely naked, and climbed atop the vehicle. Using that height advantage, they then climbed over the bridge's five-foot-high suicide-prevention fence and reached a shorter railing, said Joseph Becerra, another State Police investigator.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/531987e2d7a0.jpg[/atsimg]

Witnesses saw them holding hands and staring down into the Hudson. That's when Choice, who taught at Bronx Science from 2004 to 2007, hesitated and was perhaps shoved, sources said. Construction workers at the base of the bridge scrambled to pull the duo from the water. "His eyes were open, but there were no words," one worker said of Shears.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/579e13adf94c.jpg[/atsimg]

Public records show that Choice had more than $10,000 in liens and judgments against her.

Source: www.nypost.com...

The sentence in Yellow is why I put this thread in this Topic area. The news story eludes to this event being possibly caused by financial woes. As we all know, many people in the USA have found themselves behind the "*8-Ball" and are hard pressed to maintain their once life styles.

I would love to have been a fly on the wall the last day of these two peoples lives. To hear what they talked about and did before choosing to die-rather than live?

Or, was this some sex game/fantasy thing gone wrong or too far? What was their toxicitity levels of drugs or alcohol.

I just find this story interesting as the two did it together in such a methoically way. Even if she was pushed, she still had to get out there. Just crazy.

Or was it despiration? You thoughts?

edit on 7/13/2011 by anon72 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/13/2011 by anon72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Oh how sad! 10K is just not that much to be killing yourself over imo.

My hunch is they are like many... on prescription pills and have not been in their "right" frame of mind. I am assuming because why else would you make the jump....health issues? Maybe once the man wakes up he will be able to shed some light on this tragedy and I really hope this was not his idea!

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Suicide is like killing another person
end time or not ... its unaceptable
some people dont have a choice to die .. accident, murder, etc
even with 100 000k .. there is always a solution

Before thinking of suicide .. think about yourself .. what other dont have compare to you
that are in worst condition

This is extremelly lazy killing yourself like that
Dont decide your faith before God do

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I wanna know who brings this crap up in relationships...

"Babe I was thinking we should take the next step in this relationship... how about a suicide pact?"

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Maybe she said before they arrived, if I cant jump make sure you push me to the guy. I wonder how the conversation started and developed. Sad the hear, but we all will die. 100 years from us and not one of us posting hear on ATS will be around....

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Adyta

I know thats right!
I am not laughing at the situation.....don't get me wrong but that comment was spot on!

Lets do it baby.....come on.....lets die together holding hands jumping off a bridge. They both were "sick".

I had a bf who told me if he could not be with me he would not be at all. He was 33 at the time and we were high school sweethearts. I saw him a couple of months after my divorce and realized he was Not Well! He did indeed kill himself. God loving....God fearing man...but...he did it. Why? Because he was "Sick"!

I bet he regrets it.....what a selfish act!!!

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by foundthetruth
Maybe she said before they arrived, if I cant jump make sure you push me to the guy. I wonder how the conversation started and developed. Sad the hear, but we all will die. 100 years from us and not one of us posting hear on ATS will be around....

We will all be in the afterlife

seeing our futur generations .. how better they are (values,principles,rights)
hope they will not be worst then our present time
because .. IT CANT GET WORST THEN NOW

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
This is really sad...

Money is insignificant when you are in love! I feel there is more to this story than what is being told!

From a relationship point of view, no one knows what goes on apart from the people involved... These people could of formed their relationship through mutual depression and / or various other similar factors leading to an agreement of suicide.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

We will never know what kind of pressure this couple thought they was under to commit such an act like this. I will not pass judgement on them but to see this happen, my hope is that no one else gets an idea from this. Indeed this is a very sick world we live in and to me suicide is living in an area prone to natural disasters...it's like playing Russian Roulette.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Everybody has their own demons, some handle them better then others.
My prayers for the friends family left behind.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Adyta

LOl that is what my wife said.

Once a person heard that from their other.. and they won't leave..

Doom on them-most likely.

There are just sick people in this world. No other way around it.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

He is going to be devastated when he realizes she is not in this plane with him and this is sad to involve so much love with suicide.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
Suicide is like killing another person
end time or not ... its unaceptable
some people dont have a choice to die .. accident, murder, etc
even with 100 000k .. there is always a solution

Before thinking of suicide .. think about yourself .. what other dont have compare to you
that are in worst condition

This is extremelly lazy killing yourself like that
Dont decide your faith before God do

Any logical person would do all you have suggested, although unfortuently, anyone who attemps to commit suicide has thrown all logical thoughts out of the window. Its awful :/

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I read an article by a man who survived a suicide jump off the Golden Gate Bridge. He said that as soon as he left the railing and started his downward plunge he thought to himself: "This is the worst decision I've ever made." He now is a Crisis Counselor.

Who knows what makes a person choose to do something like this...but even if it felt like the only way, we can never know their final thoughts. Perhaps they, too, felt that they had made an awful mistake. Sadly, though, she has no second chance.

No one who takes their own life is in their right mind. So very tragic.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I wonder which anti-depressants they where on?

Most of those I hear advertised on TV say that a common side effect is suicidal thoughts or impulses.

When will we remove these unsafe drugs from the market and hold the pushers responsible?

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Very sad news to read about.....two young people that cannot find a way to support eachother in a difficult situation and choose for the last option possible.

I find it very hard to understand people who commit suicide and even harder if i think about how some of them decide to do it.

However, the people left behind should not judge them but instead should wish that they have found peace.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Notice it says 10,000 dollars in liens and judgements.

I wonder if the lien was on something they felt they could not lose....like a home.

My wife and I have lost everything....two homes foreclosed for reasons beyond our control, in fact it was because we had to help our children. At this point in our lives it means we will now work until we drop dead, more than likely we end up staying homeless until death.

After a lifetime of perfect credit, we are now beyond financially broken and now health issues are setting in.

Do not throw stones...people are so ignorant and non-empathetic. I spent years as a firefighter.EMT and have seen much.....always putting others before me and my life. Our nation is so selfish...no one is there to help my wife and I. The banks took it all yet get payed for it from us the tax payer.

This news makes me so sad. So hopeless...

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

Wow. thanks for sharing.

I am thankful for what I still have. But I do realize that the material things in life mean nothing. Love is the key.

My wife, kids and family are everything to me now. Work is ..... work. not my life.

We prepare for the worse but I don't think you can be totally ready.

Hang in there and God Bless. Good job on helping you children.

top topics

join