It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WA State Spends 27k on Dog Poop Video

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by CranialSponge

Originally posted by spinalremain
Do you guys have an issue with dog poop all over?
I'm being serious in asking that. Why else would the video have been made? If the video gets people to pick up their dog's poop, then you won't live in crap. I see it as a good thing.

When the entire country is in a state of bankruptcy, this is an example of one of the first of many expenditure cuts that need to be made.

Now's not the time to be spending money on informative poop videos.

... just sayin'

I completely understand. It's just that in the grand scheme of things, 27k isn't going to sink or float the local economy. If you're unemployed, wouldn't it be nice to not step in # while on your way to an interview?

I was only trying to play Devils advocate. I actually agree that spending money on a trivial ad during a financial problem is unwarranted. Still..............stepping in # is a no good.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Totally agreed. I happen to be a dog lover and I cannot understand how one wouldn't pick up after their dog. You're out walking the animal already. How hard is it to pick up the poop? I do it twice a day. It's easy and sanitary and YOUR RESPONSIBILITY.

A one thousand dollar fine should suffice. That old man is a piece of work. At least carry a baggie for show.
I mean this guy isn't even trying to sell the idea that he cares.
edit on 13-7-2011 by spinalremain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

First, for those that don't know what I'm talking about: portlandcitycenter.katu.com...

www.kgw.com...

Suicide rates for people with gender-identity disorder is over 30%.

And? Is it the governments job to pay for their elective surgeries? Perhaps we should pay for breast enhancements as well, since saggy boobs effect womens self esteme.

To prevent suicides, I think it's money well-spent.

Except it had and has nothing to do with suicide since it pertains only to government employees to which that stat of yours is incomparable to. Lucy wants to be a boy and bobby wants to be a girl, that's the only reason.

This is INFRASTRUCTURE.

It was extraordinary stupidity, it was over charged, it is underused, it is complete idiocy plain and simple. Perfect examples of Progressives, who live in la-la land and have no real world attachment spending money without regards to the budget or what the people want.

And for people asking why im bitching about painting roads green for bikes "oh it's not a big deal" .. they spent 57 MILLION dollars painting little green boxes on streets for a few bicylist ... meanwhile, cutting thousands of teaching jobs and hosting the worst school district in the region. "behind on social issues" indeed.
edit on 7/13/2011 by Rockpuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Again, these are city issues. If they were federal decisions, I'd have some sympathy and even anger on your behalf. But at a city (or even state) level? Just move if you don't like it.

Also... don't you think there's bigger fish to fry than your local tranny social worker?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join