It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WA State Spends 27k on Dog Poop Video

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
This crap (sorry) makes me furious. Our state is not doing too hot financially, and we decide to spend 27 THOUSAND DOLLARS on a video to inform people to pick up their dog's feces. Really? Did that need to happen? I can't imagine some awful video is actually going to encourage anyone to pick up after a pet.

"The video allowed us to kind of have some fun with a serious message," Geer said. She hopes it will appeal to and reach a wider audience than other campaigns.

So glad you're having fun with OUR money!

The video cost $27,000 to make. The money came from a grant from the Department of Ecology.

The video in all it's glory.

Then again as a local radio host pointed out today WA has a tendency to blow money on ridiculous projects.

See exhibits B and C below.

Notice that last video only has 76 views on YouTube.

What do you think of this ATS? Effective way of keeping the public informed or complete lack of fiscal responsibility? I'm personally going with the latter. People who bag their dog's poop are going to keep doing so, and people that don't are going to continue ignoring the law.

Link
edit on 12-7-2011 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Horribel. Need I say more?

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
how does some half rate youtube video cost 27 thousand dollars? I could go make one now for um...$10 (gotta have some gas to drive somewhere right?)...what a joke...just for dog poop too lol...

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
LOL that song is amazing! well worth the 27k.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by here4awhile

Idiots always pay way too much for stuff. Just so happens government are run almost exclusively by idiots.

The same fools who pay $500 for a hammer or $10,000 to some kid to make a website for their town.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Oh man I don't even want to know what it costs to have someone running our website. I don't think any number would really surprise me.

True story about govt. spending ludicrous amounts on everything. How much do highway signs cost again? 75k?

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
This is a great video considering it's only 27k, money well spent if you look at other spending.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Do you guys have an issue with dog poop all over?
I'm being serious in asking that. Why else would the video have been made? If the video gets people to pick up their dog's poop, then you won't live in crap. I see it as a good thing.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Your tax dollars hard at work.

Oh, by the way, we now need to tax you some more so that we can make a video about "how to keep your cats out of your neighbour's garden" and "the proper way of disposing of your ham and cheese sandwich so that the squirrels can't get at it in the public litter bin".

Thank you for your patronage.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

People arent not picking up after their dogs because they don't know it's gross, unwanted and unsanitary. They're not picking up after their dog because they dont care.

The only thing that'll change that is swift punishment as in an immediate ticket or public humiliation as in:

This $27K video will just give the offenders something to laugh about.
edit on 12-7-2011 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain
Do you guys have an issue with dog poop all over?
I'm being serious in asking that. Why else would the video have been made? If the video gets people to pick up their dog's poop, then you won't live in crap. I see it as a good thing.

When the entire country is in a state of bankruptcy, this is an example of one of the first of many expenditure cuts that need to be made.

Now's not the time to be spending money on informative poop videos.

... just sayin'

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

The only poop problem I've noticed in my area is that # the politicians shovel on the taxpayer.

No there is no real dog poo problem that I notice. It's not like you go to the beach or a park and it's covered in filth. I actually think this was done just for fun.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

That was priceless! Vigilante justice at it's finest! I snort laughed when the guy said 'Yeah he don't # in your yard buddy!'. Good show my friend good show.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

While I think the price tag is a bit high for the end-result, it's better than many of the things they spend our money on. Really, until we have absolutely ZERO foreign military occupation, I'm not wasting my time complaining about the small fries like this video.

It's like complaining about the expired ketchup on a turd sandwich.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   

omg that's priceless...the guy picked it up with his hands hahahahahaha

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
That's Liberals in charge for you.. just down south in Oregon, Portland spent an ungodly amount of money re-painting streets green for bicycles. And the most recent retardation was 40+k per transgender public employee that would like a sexual reasignment surgery.

All government exist for is to waste wealth.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Um what? Are you freaking kidding me? Public funds going to people who want gender reassignment surgery? Is there a thread on that yet? I am absolutely disgusted by that. If I work for the city will they pay for my next tattoo? Don't get me started on bicyclists. Man some of the bikers around here drive me nuts!

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
That's Liberals in charge for you.. just down south in Oregon, Portland spent an ungodly amount of money re-painting streets green for bicycles. And the most recent retardation was 40+k per transgender public employee that would like a sexual reasignment surgery.

All government exist for is to waste wealth.

Suicide rates for people with gender-identity disorder is over 30%. This bill costs Portland roughly 35K per year. To prevent suicides, I think it's money well-spent. We subsidize several industries (with BILLIONS of dollars per year) that kill people (beef, dairy, tobacco) so I can't see how somebody would complain about something that saves people.

As far as the green boxes? Again, public safety. This is INFRASTRUCTURE. Did you complain when they built curbs and stop signs too?

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

You don't think that money could be spent better? Perhaps on women and children that are having trouble paying for food? You really think tax payers should be spending 40k+ a year on gender reassignment for every govt.employee that wants one? Where do we draw the line? What if I declared I would kill myself if my local govt. didnt give me 200k? 300k? 1 million?

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by Cuervo

You don't think that money could be spent better? Perhaps on women and children that are having trouble paying for food? You really think tax payers should be spending 40k+ a year on gender reassignment for every govt.employee that wants one? Where do we draw the line? What if I declared I would kill myself if my local govt. didnt give me 200k? 300k? 1 million?

First of all, it is a city-level bill. That means people who live there deal with it an nobody else. If this passed on a federal level, I'd be upset because I don't want to force something like this on an entire state who's a little bit behind on social issues.

As far as money spent in better ways? If it worked that way, then all taxes would go to clean water, organic food sources, feeding and housing the poor, etc. But it doesn't and we spend billions and billions and billions on a war that everybody keeps overlooking. Until we get rid of the big offenders, we shouldn't be worried about things that have a positive effect even if it's not the most effective.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join