It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Speed of Light vs Speed of Thought

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I was running a search on thought and I ran across this post.
Speed of Light vs Speed of Thought.

Horacepinker
posted on 9/10/2010
in introduction forum
Horace made one post and since he started a thread in introductions the post was stopped.. He has not posted since .
This got me to remembering the movie Dune and a science fiction book I read long ago .
In the movie Dune space travel was instantaneous by the power of the mind and the spice they breathed .
In the book I read humans had technology that used their thoughts to take them where they wanted to go in space instantly the drawback was that someone had to go there first.

Perhaps this is how aliens are able to travel in their ships .by simply wishing to be somewhere and instantly transported there .

I felt Horace's question should be presented for our thoughts on the subject .

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by granpabobby

Without prompt i thought about this a long time ago.

then again the thinker doesn't physically move to the said location.
so can it be measured against light , i don't know.

Interesting concept tho, one that brought me many a daydream.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Sounds plausible, I like this idea.

Reminds me of the movie Jumper.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by GisfridMaillor

Sounds plausible, I like this idea.

Reminds me of the movie Jumper.

Thats another movie I had not thought about.
I think the book I read was by Heinnelin..He stated the only thing faster than light is Thought ..and I think that was the name of the ship..THOUGHT

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
In the movie Dune the pilot moved to the destination and since he was in the ship it was transported with him.
perhaps this is why UFOs display strange flight behavior in our atmosphere as flight is not the ships main purpose.
Perhaps the UfOs are simply Thought Amplifiers that boost the power of the mind to the state that mass teleconeses (sp) is possible..travel would be faster than light in that travel would take place in an instant .
edit on 12-7-2011 by granpabobby because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Nice concept.

So I would then say, to teleport in lower dimensions or physical reality, would require alot of will power or energy to be able to go from location A to B, simply because of the physicality.

Whereas in high dimensions, (i.e aliens and the later), it's easier to do this, as there is a lesser degree of physicality hence lesser will power/energy required to achieve teleportation.

Besides we teleport without knowing every now and then, it's called dreaming...

Just my thoughts...

Peace

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
speed of thought is limited bye the speed which electricity can travel along the neurol pathways of the brain.
as far as i know electricity can travel at different speeds from very slow to very fast.but i think light is faster.

and thats why i'm not a scientist.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Fast forward to the future. The human brain is a hybridized bio-nanotech fusion, grown & integrated from inception that allows us to think & compute in the quantum reality simultaneously & alter space, time & matter at a whim.

urgh. Did I really just think that up?

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
edit on 12-7-2011 by neonitus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
This is a very good question. Has anyone every calculated the speed of thought? I think it's a tie. However, light does move at the same speed all the time. It seems like thoughts take a second or two in order to develop. But once your thoughts get going they do move at a pretty fast rate. I'd love to see a more detailed study on this. Nice post.
edit on 13-7-2011 by RealTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Very interesting post, I like the idea of a craft being an amplifier or tuner for/of thought. I can remember reading somewhere that the optic nerve transmission travels in the region of 400 miles a second, so `thoughts` taking place inside the brain should be far faster ...hope this helps in some way.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
This occured to me . you compose what you wish to say .and speak into a radio mike..your thoughts in the form of words go out as a radio wave...at the speed of light !

top topics

join