It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama warns - August 3rd - Possibly no social security checks will be paid.

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

I guess that you're going to have to define for me what in the devil you mean when you say "free market economy", then. I take it you're in favor of a slave market economy instead?

Once again, you disconnect from reality. The term free market must be some abstract concept that no one can define, or else it must be a slave market.

Let's go with the Mises definition.

mises.org...

Many disagreements have their genesis in misunderstanding and equivocation. So let’s define the term "free market." Dictionary.com defines a "market" as "an opportunity to buy or sell" and a "free market" as "an economic market in which supply and demand are not regulated or are regulated with only minor restrictions."

Mises thinks that economic activity should not be subject to the law, which is a ridiculous.

The U.S. constitution clearly charges the U.S. Federal government the role of regulating interstate commerce, and this is not restricted in any way. You also forgot the Fed Gov role in conducting trade treaties with foreign nations, which means establishing the laws by which we trade with other countries. Quite clearly the U.S. Constitution gives the federal government the job of writing the laws under which all trade takes place that is not restricted within a state.

Clearly the role of our federal government is not what is described in the definition of the free market by the Mises organization.

Just because you don't like it, doesn't change what the constitution establishes.

Eisenhower, the last good republican president, and the last republican president whose admin wasn't rife with corruption, balanced the budget and brought debt under control in the U.S. government.

Under Eisenhower we recovered from the highest level of debt in our nations history, rebuilt infrastructure, and helped our former allies rebuild, and we did it all with high taxes on the rich, and a well regulated economy. I have already demonstrated that banking was much more regulated in the days of Ike, and can easily prove these historical realities.

Why people continue to cling to the delusion that a free market economy is nothing but a scam to fool the masses is beyond me. Clearly government has a role in establishing laws restricting what can be done in the name of business, and only the crooks want to eliminate those laws.

We have huge deficits at this current time because efforts to establish a free market, one that is not subject to federal laws, resulted in wide spread corruption and a a collapse of our banking system, that we are still paying for.

The republicans who have gained control of the House of Reps foolishly call for more of what ills us in the first place. It is insanity.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

MSNBC tried to talk down to a U.S. congressman and it backfires.
Well, i'll take care of this stupid congressman. Take this.
"Do you have a degree in economics???"
---------------
OOPS!!! He does! OUCH!!!

--------------
Hot shot liberal Contessa Brewer steps in it.

edit on 22-7-2011 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

ahhhh that was nice to see
"do YOU have a degree in economics?" "yes i do, graduated highest honors."

when he starts launching into the real issues of long term debt and bankruptcy, she interrupts and shuffles him off. what she said is exactly what obama has been saying "common people don't know better than career politicians, and the vast majority of economists agree that the stimulus saved millions of jobs." tell a big lie often enough and people will believe it.

she also tried to say that american people blame the republicans for it, when the poll shows 35% blame democrats and 17% blame both. 39% isn't much of a majority. he responded very well, saying that they were willing to raise the debt ceiling if the real issues our economy has are dealt with.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz
reply to post by Eurisko2012

ahhhh that was nice to see
"do YOU have a degree in economics?" "yes i do, graduated highest honors."

when he starts launching into the real issues of long term debt and bankruptcy, she interrupts and shuffles him off. what she said is exactly what obama has been saying "common people don't know better than career politicians, and the vast majority of economists agree that the stimulus saved millions of jobs." tell a big lie often enough and people will believe it.

she also tried to say that american people blame the republicans for it, when the poll shows 35% blame democrats and 17% blame both. 39% isn't much of a majority. he responded very well, saying that they were willing to raise the debt ceiling if the real issues our economy has are dealt with.

It makes you wonder.
Is she reporting the news or trying to teach people how to think???
-----------
I guess she should have done her homework
It's not hard to find out the truth.
It's all on his Wiki page.
- Congressman Mo Brooks -

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Yeah, the right wing pol is whacko for trying to blame Obama for deficits while Obama was a freshman senator.

So what if he has a degree, only proves that it doesn't take brains to get a sheep skin.

Free Market economics created the problem, and sticking with free market economic policies will only make the situation worse, as has been demonstrated over and over again.

The whole effort on the part of republicans is to prevent any meaningful reform and economic recovery. They sure don't want this debate during an election year, because they know they will all loose their jobs.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Free Market economics created the problem, and sticking with free market economic policies will only make the situation worse, as has been demonstrated over and over again.

really?

That is where once again, you depart from reality. The U.S. does not have a free market economy, never has, and never will.

so we've never had a free market economy, yet you blame free market economy for our problems? i'm glad to see you practice doublespeek.

The whole effort on the part of republicans is to prevent any meaningful reform and economic recovery. They sure don't want this debate during an election year, because they know they will all loose their jobs.

obama just wants to raise the debt ceiling, but the republicans are holding out for real solutions. currently the plan obama approves of is a 3.7 trillion cut over 10 years, and we've already seen the math on that. truthfully neither the republicans or the democrats have the balls do to what must be done. a few may, but the bill that we need would never pass.

Yeah, the right wing pol is whacko for trying to blame Obama for deficits while Obama was a freshman senator.

that's no crazier than you blaming the whole economic situation on the republicans for a bipartisan piece of legislation signed into law by a democrat president. both of those opinions only tell half the story.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

That no such free market economy has ever existed, doesn't change the reality that attempts to create a free market, and the policies put in place towards that goal, is what has destroyed the U.S. economy.

Republicans are not trying to hold out for a real solution, they only care about creating more problems.

As I pointed out earlier with links backing what I posted, our current ballooned deficits are a result of having to bail out the numerous failed and failing banks. When the mortgage crises ends, those deficits will drop considerably.

The answer is to fix the problems of numerous bank failures, punish the crooks who created this mess with the giant ponzi scheme they conducted during the GW admin. Repubs in congress are fighting these solution tooth and nail.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
They may as well just raise the debt limit. It's going to be chaos otherwise. Money is fake anyway.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by foood4thought
They may as well just raise the debt limit. It's going to be chaos otherwise. Money is fake anyway.

A debt limit increase with NO spending cuts will ALSO cause a downgrade and chaos.
-------
King Obama will be impeached and removed from office.
The American people are watching this one.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
You can peer into the window of desperation here, of them trying to keep their grasp of power over citizens.

Why should they be the ones to know how to fix this "Debt Crisis"? Yet another crisis created and crontrolled by them all this time. Its so screwed up, but they now after all this time have figured out ways to fix it?

You can almost see the little man behind the curtain floundering about.

There are alot of popular examples of federal waste.

Why do you have to spray a cherry cheese bear claw with preservatives so you can ship it to another state?
Wasting gas, adding ware to heavy traffic roadways, pollution, causing health problems for masses of people.
Why did this become a good idea?

If I made a killer bear claw and sold them to everyone who likes to eat shlek with their coffee or tea in my county I would be earning a pretty decent living. Im all for free trade and commerce but I dont think you should be able to sell your bear claws in every state. No bear claw is that good. What invaded the market creating these conglomerates who cause alot of the troubles in the economy?

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Obama is already playing the blame game as Aug. 3 grows near.

So Obama makes the threat and now runs from it. Classy
He said this at a Friday evening News conference

“We should not even be in that kind of scenario. And if Congress -- and in particular, the House Republicans -- are not willing to make sure that we avoid default, then I think it’s fair to say that they would have to take responsibility for whatever problems arise in those payments.”

Here's the funny part

Obama said Americans “are just desperate for folks who are willing to put aside politics just for a minute and try to get some stuff done.”

www.cnsnews.com...

Once again Mr. President, we have discovered your "do as I say, not as I do" approach to politics". How about putting your own plan on the table and how about a rational discussion about serious spending cuts?? Instead you drop another $400 billion in tax hikes on the table.

Without spending cuts, our nation will never dig out of the deep hole that Obama has helped to make even deeper. (Yes, Bush helped too)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by bestof83
reply to post by Ozscot

the american people have ate enough of uncle sam's bull butter. i almost hopes this happens so people wake up. then again. i hope not. at the ripe old age of 27 i recived a letter stating how much i've put into the ss fund. and was informed in the letter that it didn't apply to me anyway because by the time i retire there will be no ssi. i kept the letter. complete bs.

SSI is disability for those who had not worked enough to pay into the system. I know this because I am on SSI.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Jessicamsa

No offense to you, but I never understood that?

My son was born 3 months prematurely. In order to get some medicines he needed, we had to sign up for a program through the state to import the drugs. To qualify for that program, we had to sign him up for Medicaid. After getting the Medicaid, he automatically started receiving SSI. We never asked for it, but it was $600 per month or more for awhile. They were constantly changing the amount, and at some point they even made us pay some back, and then they changed it again and raised it.

Anyway. I just assumed he was somehow drawing off my SS benefits.

Why would a newborn need SSI? It isn't like he was disabled and not able to work?

Of course, we appreciated the extra money, but I never felt very comfortable with it. He finally went off all benefits at his 3rd Birthday, and he is a healthy, normal little boy now.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Obama said there are 70 million on Social Security......Baby Boomers are just now getting old enough to get it too....and there are 70 million baby boomers....

That's 140 million on SS.

Over 1 million retired military to pay.

Over 7 million Veterans to pay.

We've got what....1 million Active Duty/Reserves Military to Pay....

Federal Employee's to pay....

Who the heck is actually WORKING to have the money to pay for all of the Above??????

Time to Ration.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

My son collects it. It's based off of what his mother paid in and never got to collect on, because she died when he was 11. It's my understanding that her contributions are being paid back out as a form of "child support" to support him, to provide her share of the contribution towards his support until he reaches the age of majority.

So then, it WAS paid in, and is owed, but had he never been born, it would have never been paid back out - the government would have just eaten that share, and not even burped. In the case of MY Social Security, I've already been assured by government reps that mine will NEVER be paid out. They already plan to keep it, no matter how old I get or what else happens. Nice.

I'm one of those folks who will wind up living on whatever he can scrounge when the time comes, and by God I'll make it all the same, government or not. I don't really much care. My own usefulness is over as soon as he's grown any how, and I'm ready for my pasture when that time comes.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

No offense to you, but I never understood that?

My son was born 3 months prematurely. In order to get some medicines he needed, we had to sign up for a program through the state to import the drugs. To qualify for that program, we had to sign him up for Medicaid. After getting the Medicaid, he automatically started receiving SSI. We never asked for it, but it was $600 per month or more for awhile. They were constantly changing the amount, and at some point they even made us pay some back, and then they changed it again and raised it.

Anyway. I just assumed he was somehow drawing off my SS benefits.

Why would a newborn need SSI? It isn't like he was disabled and not able to work?

Of course, we appreciated the extra money, but I never felt very comfortable with it. He finally went off all benefits at his 3rd Birthday, and he is a healthy, normal little boy now.

Well, I don't understand that, either.

I know that I should have qualified for disability when I was born because I was born with so many defects. I was around 3 or 4 before I started walking any, but the doctors had said I wouldn't be able to walk at all. My parents had too much pride to sign up for it though, which ended up hurting me in the long run because as I age I have more and more trouble walking. Because they didn't get me on disability and get all of it documented when I was younger, they believe I am lying now.

Walking up and down stairs has always been a struggle for me. The circulation in my legs has always been fouled up. My legs fall asleep if I sit for just a few minutes, but if I stand for long I am in serious back and neck pain.

Being beat into the wall and furniture years ago didn't help. Then I ended up with brain and neurological damage on top of it. I get dizzy spells and fall a lot. I have very little coordination. For example, I can be walking while holding a cup and my hand will involuntarily fail to grasp the cup any longer, causing it to fall. Holding with both hands helps sometimes, but not always. I was not like that until after my ex beat me that time. And he got away with it. I was temporarily paralyzed in my right side after the beating, but I felt a painful popping sensation, and I have been in constant pain 24/7 ever since on my right side. That made getting around even worse than before. And he got away with it because he was buddies with the people handling the case.

The brain damage causes my hearing to do whacky stuff. For example, one moment everyone could sound muffled, and I couldn't understand them. Another moment I would have a high pitched ringing that will take hours to days to go away. And another moment people around me talking in what's probably normal tones will sound high pitched and cause a lot of head and ear pain. When that happens, I sometimes want to just do anything to shut them up so that it won't hurt so bad. I've been in so much pain from it, and I have even vomited a lot during these episodes. I was never like this before the beating. And he got away with doing this to me. August 31, 1995 was the day that ruined my life forever, and he got away with it.

And people keep telling me I should "get over it" and try to get along with him?? If a stranger had done this to me, would I be expected to get along with him??

And his government buddies kept going stuff like, "I know Kenny. He's a nice guy. He wouldn't have done this to you unless you caused him to be mad." He wasn't even angry when he did it to me though. He loved to torture me. He was very calm and methodical. He was even smiling while he was beating me. It gave him a lot of pleasure.

His cop buddies destroyed the photos of the bruises from the evidence before the trial. I was bruised from head to toe and had trouble even walking across a room for months. I was still so injured at the trial that I had to be helped to the witness box. I couldn't even make food for myself. Women at the shelter made sandwiches for me and helped me eat them or else I wouldn't have even been able to eat. I was spoon fed jello and soup for a bit too. It was the start of my teeth getting messed up because I had trouble gripping a toothbrush to even brush my teeth. Some people at the shelter helped with that some too, but my teeth were not taken good care of during the time. I had very good teeth before then. And he got away with it. He did that to me and got away with it.

And even with my being covered with bruises, Christian folks kept chastising me for leaving my husband, quoting scripture, and urging me to go home and be more submissive. I was told I was reaping what I had sown.

I learned later that I was pregnant with my girl. He had raped me so many times by then I had long lost count. But I was and am strongly pro-life and was not going to abort my baby just because she was a product of rape. I didn't view her as a product of rape though. I viewed her as my baby. She is a precious life.

And the government is sending my baby to live with him because he is a government employee with benefits versus me, a "welfare bum" on medicaid. He has promised me that I will never see her again and has talked about killing her numerous times. I even have letters where he described killing me and her and licking the blood up with his tongue. They read the letters. They were like 'oh, I'm sure he isn't so bad. He should get another chance.' Or some of them, even after reading the letters, say that I am just delusional and that he really isn't that bad. It makes me wonder what they do to their family members at home if that isn't so bad to them. Whatever he does to her is their fault as well as far as I am concerned. They will have her blood on their hands if he kills her.

No one has ever given me "another chance" at anything. People have been so judgmental towards me since I was a child that I often doubt I ever got a first chance. And I've never beat people against walls for pleasure. I've never been one to find pleasure in torturing another person. I've always tried to be kind to others. I've even saved a few lives over my years. I have done things for others in need without expecting anything in return except maybe some respect if that. But I am a worthless eater while he is mr wonderful. I hate being alive. Maybe I should start torturing people too. Maybe then I could get some respect. But I'd feel bad about it. I could never enjoy it like he does.

I have lots of other health problems on top of that. I have conditions where my insides bleed a lot. I have to take expensive meds to help keep the bleeding down some. I had those conditions since early childhood, but no one got medical treatment for me. My family was ashamed of me after I was born and tried to pretend that nothing was wrong.

And nearly every employer I've ever had fired me within a day or two because of my health problems. I wanted to work and be a normal person instead of a freak.

I have no idea why a child would automatically get SSI though if the parents don't fill out the paperwork for it. It took me years to finally get approved. And no, I'm not being bitter at you for being able to get it so easy, I'm just saying I don't know enough to explain it to you. I had to fight years to get it, and I didn't get approved until a few months ago.

I am glad your son is okay now.

My daughter was a premie when she was born as well. She wasn't ever really delayed though. She was a large premie. Had I gone full term with her, the radiologists thought she would've been like 12 pounds when she was born.

I remember she had jaundice though. They sent her home with machines with lights on them. However, they weren't helping at all. Her levels kept going up. I was like if they were helping, her levels would be the same or going down. Some old school people finally told me to just take her outside more and that the sun would take care of it naturally. So, I did. I had to leave the machine running though because they checked to see if she had been on it. Her levels didn't start going down until after I had her off the machine and went outside with her a lot. The people that were insisting that the machines were helping were like 'told you so' and they never heard the truth. I had to make sure my ex didn't find out either, because he went along with the professionals. But the old school people were right. My girl had been on the machines for weeks with the levels going up, but a few days in the sun and the levels plummeted and went to normal.

I had to end up wearing my girl in a snuggli. I was so messed up from the beating that I'd sometimes drop her because I couldn't hold onto anything. I was scared of hurting her. I was so angry about it. I would've never dropped a baby like that. The snuggli helped her be close to me though without my holding her. I missed getting to hold her much though because of it. I had to lie down to breastfeed her because I couldn't hold her like I should have been able to do had he not beat me. I struggled a lot taking care of her at first and had to figure out work arounds to normal child care since I couldn't do some things anymore. And my family wasn't supportive at all and didn't think I should be allowed to have her. I was disabled and managed to raise her without help from anyone for the most part, except having to take welfare.

At first I'd get job offers that lasted a short time, except then I'd fall a lot because of the brain damage or I'd have the other trouble and kept having to use the bathroom or had accidents a lot. When I fell, everyone assumed that I was just trying to pull a worker's comp/insurance scam and I got fired very quickly. I tried to explain that I couldn't help it, but no one cared. And he got away with doing that to me. Every time I fall or drop something from those injuries, it is what he did to me. And I am supposed to just get over it. I am reminded of what he did to me every day that I am alive, and I am supposed to somehow just get over it. My whole future is going to be like this because it is permanent. How can anyone get over their past when it becomes a permanent part of their future??

I think the medical profession sometimes deliberately keeps some people sick in order to keep getting the payouts. I think a lot of people have too much confidence in medical professionals. I know I've had some professionals that had me do stuff that made me worse. One of my neighbors once nearly died because she had a kidney infection and the doctor kept treating her with muscle relaxers. Her mother finally took her to the er. She was on antibiotics for weeks. The doctor had never even done a urine test on her. And this doctor was one who saw a lot of medicaid patients. He treated the medicaid patients like the scum most saw them as, but he had no problem getting the money for it. Fortunately, he retired and closed his business.

If social security is ended, it's going to hurt a lot of people. A lot of people. And the population is much greater now than during the Great Depression, so I imagine that soup lines are going to have a lot of trouble keeping up with it all.

I used to participate on tea party boards. I was treated nice until they found out I had received welfare. But anyway, they were constantly bashing the poor. They referred to the homeless as "feral people" and would talk about how they can't wait until the economy falls so that the welfare scum will be cut off. Then they went on about how they'd like to use their guns on them when they came begging at their homes for food and talked about "shoot, shovel, and shut up" alot. They'd post bible scripture about how the ones on the dole were living in sin. Well, if they were the Christians they claim to be and concerned about sin then why don't they go around calling them to repent instead of just calling for the programs to be ended? Aren't they called to spread the gospel and call people to repent of their sins? Instead, they just want to cut the people off. Well, they wouldn't really be repenting then. They just wouldn't be able to have access to the sin anymore.

I'd post in defense of the poor and started getting attacked for being a liberal. At the time I considered myself to be a conservative, so I found it confusing. Now, I consider myself to be an anarchist. I could never consider myself to be a liberal, because I am strongly opposed to abortion. I am so strong in my beliefs that I carried my rapist's child and let her live. I consider her to be my baby and him just a sperm donor now. I realize now though that the only thing I have in common with these Christian conservatives is my stance on abortion. After having to struggle all of my life just to survive, I take great offense at the names they call people like me. I have been a feral person five times, by their standards. I have, however, seen more kindness and compassion among feral people than any of those toting along the Bible.

I know some people who got so tired of trying to find a job here that they moved out of the country to find employment. It's pretty ironic considering all of the people illegally crossing the border to get into the country.

And it's an employer's market. Very few jobs already, and not many employers are going to hire the disabled over someone who is young and able-bodied. It wouldn't even make sense to do that. They are going to hire the most productive, and someone who is disabled isn't going to be very productive to their high standards.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
Obama said there are 70 million on Social Security......Baby Boomers are just now getting old enough to get it too....and there are 70 million baby boomers....

That's 140 million on SS.

Over 1 million retired military to pay.

Over 7 million Veterans to pay.

We've got what....1 million Active Duty/Reserves Military to Pay....

Federal Employee's to pay....

Who the heck is actually WORKING to have the money to pay for all of the Above??????

Time to Ration.

Time to ration? Maybe we should grow the economy and put America back to work.
If we lower the unemployment rate to under 5% then that would send a tidal wave of
cash towards the U.S. Government in the form of - payroll taxes -.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

I'm so terribly sorry you were imprisoned in a hell, by a psychopath monster, and his protecting fellow sociopaths. Worsely, you could not go to the 'good guys' because they were the culprits. It makes the case then, I hear a lot of Libertarians make, that there should be no 'law enforcement', everyone should be allowed to protect themselves however they choose. I remember a thread here recently, asking what good thing the fuzz ever did for you. I think the thread went away pretty soonly, not many people could example off hand, including me.
Always remember, that the psycho/socio/narcissists have no remorse, are not introspective, and will always blame you. Their brains are different that way. It is not you.

If you have not seen this thread, -you really need- to read it.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 26-7-2011 by simone50m because: edit

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
perhaps the US should stop wasting billions of dollars on black projects.
[x] Game Over

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Those Christians who have no compassion and want to see people hurt, I call them Bible Thumpers. They think people living on the streets are scum as well as those on welfare. They are just afraid that they will one day end up just like the people they hate. Jesus said you would be blessed if you even gave another a drink. Paraphrased. He talked about how having compassion and helping others was also helping him. Makes sense, since we are his temple and he dwells in us. I know that is what I believe.

To them who criticizes others because of their lot in life, I say:
---
Matthew 7:21-23

King James Version (KJV)

21Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

------------------------

I know it is not the will of the Father to judge others by how much money they have or do not have. I know it is not the will of the Father to want to see the destruction of others just because they need financial help. I know it is not the will of the Father to dehumanize people with physical and mental problems.

To people who do this and claim to be Christian, I say this woe unto you unfortunate, misguided souls. You will seek to enter into heaven, but will not find any entrance. Repent of your wicked ways. Help those who need help. Give to those who are in need. Be the good Samaritan that Jesus calls everyone of us to be.

Remember the Samaritan that helped the Jew was detested by the Jew. The Samaritan helped his enemy and someone he knew that hates him. It would be like a homeless person helping save a life of one who hates the homeless thinking that they are nothing but useless trash.

From the singer Ray Boltz: Oh, what this world throws away.

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33 >>

join