It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roswell-like craft skin supposedly duplicated...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 08:01 PM
link   
WHOA...This looks interesting!Sounds an aweful lot like the Roswell debri's.Doesn't solve the propulsion or other techs involved,but perhaps it will be the stuff of future space travel outer casts.I wonder if it will make them 'morph' like UFO's?LOL

www.popsci.com...

[edit on 12-8-2004 by 11thdimension]

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Yes that does sound ALOT like roswell and the pics actually remind me of the images I had in my head when hearing about Roswell the first time.

I need to re-subscribe to that magazine again.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 10:23 PM
link   
hey, maybe someone snuck into area 51 stole some of that rosswell ufo stuff and ran off to make millions??

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   
or perhaps there was something to corso's story after all, and this technology was funneled back into the usa's R&D so it could be "discovered" by humans.....

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I hope you all know that is the basis for the ability to make "mecha's". Look up the anime history of mecha and you will find that the "muscles" of a mecha the control structure is a metal polymere. Humm metal rubber, metal polymere, humm rubber .. polymere.

Science Fiction takes one more step into reality from thought to physical.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 03:13 PM
link   
how would a flexible metal improve aerodynamics ? maybe take a bit of stress off certain parts while doing stunts or something but it wont actually make anything fly better - someone help me out here , have i missed something ?

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Well, that is definitely interesting! Could it be that this is material from a secret government air craft that was claimed to be a UFO/weather balloon at Roswell? I often wonder how far behind public knowledge is of governement black projects.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   
This is cool!! From now on, I can buy a laptop, that can be wrapped up ...

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 04:15 PM
link   
You may also be interested in this:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Glass metal, a VERY strong metal.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Wow, perhaps it could be used in some sort of futuristic space suit... Now I highly doubt that the use of this material in space vehicles would be permited. Not only does it take a long time to manufacture, but it can only withstand heats of 200 degrees, while the outside of the space shuttle upon reentry can get as hot as the sun!

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Sounds alot like Flexon. I have a pair of eyeglasses made from them. They can only be permanently bent at two points where they are made of a different material.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   

or perhaps there was something to corso's story after all, and this technology was funneled back into the usa's R&D so it could be "discovered" by humans.....

My first thoughts too...

how would a flexible metal improve aerodynamics ? maybe take a bit of stress off certain parts while doing stunts or something but it wont actually make anything fly better - someone help me out here , have i missed something ?

Could allow for seamless design, change in wing shape, etc. Think about a wing bending up instead of flaps...
Same with tail rudder. One of the keys of stealth is no seams or edges...seems easier with this kind of material...

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I remember being told that if the wings of an airliner did not flex, it wouldn't fly. Flexible metal would be of great use.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by gemron
Sounds alot like Flexon. I have a pair of eyeglasses made from them. They can only be permanently bent at two points where they are made of a different material.

It seems to perform a similar function, however this stuff is made thru thin film technology. Its manufactured molecule by molecule. Thin films are going to allow lots of interesting new tech.

new topics

top topics

join