It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are living in BIZZARO world..

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
In Bizarro Amerika lawfulness is illegal

in Bizarro Amerika terrorists have constitutional rights but you are a born criminal

great thread!!

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

When they tested literacy for the draft before WWI, the literacy rate was 90%+. By WWII, the rate had dropped. By The next two wars, the rate dropped to record lows. Before WWI, families lived together in large units with grandparents and others living together. Kids were taught at home and at school. We also see Government taking over the schools from WWI to Vietnam.

From the Vietnam war to Desert Storm, there was a break in war for nearly 20 years. Schools received the internet. Social programs were put in place to assist people with all the extra money from being out of war. Guess what the literacy rate did? It went back up to WWI levels.

Who is in office right now and how old were they and their parents during the Vietnam war? That's right. Now you know why and where we are headed. We are seeing the products of war leading our country without knowing their History. We are doomed to repeat it.

How long have we had mom and dad out of the home for the latest wars? Where will this lead the youth of today?

edit on 12-7-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-7-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
In my opinion, and that's all it is...

We tried to be free. We experimented. We tried to be equal, compassionate, just, charitable, and courageous. But now the risks and costs associated with liberty and compassion have become too great an inconvenience, and so we willingly cast our liberty and posterity into the hands of the dominant elite, the accepted norms, and the popular consensus fed to us by what were once responsible journalists but are now only mouthpieces.

In the name of self-preservation we abandon the ideals we pledged allegiance to as children, for as adults they are too hard to bear, all the while telling ourselves that to dream of something better was unrealistic and a fool's errand.

The dream is over. It is heartbreaking and it is a form of madness. But it is over.

Just my two cents. Peace.
edit on 7/12/2011 by AceWombat04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by lunatux
reply to post by nunya13

What if there is no enemy? Then what?

There is always an enemy and if not then we invent one.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

You want BizzARo? Go to a singles bar and eavesdrop on conversations. Go to a big box, open 24hr store at 2:34 AM and walk around. Live in Lubbock, Texas for a couple of months. Tea Party Movement breakfasts...

As an Anthropologist/filmmaker trying to document contemporary culture in America; I have to admit that I was not prepared for the people and events I encountered while trying to produce my latest documentary.

American Society has by and large imo, become a big disjointed parody of itself, fragmented into groups and tribes obsessed with various superficial roles and disciplines. This is what Rome must have felt like in the beginning of it's decline; trying to hang on to its glory but completely aware that things are going to get real nasty real soon. As AceWombat said, "a sad madness"

edit on 12-7-2011 by whaaa because: ok, i filled it out!

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

BOY I couldn't agree more.

I have been voting since Goldwater/Johnson; fought in Vietnam; was a Prosecutor & Defense Atty for almost 25 years .... and I have NEVER EVER seen anything as bizarre as things are now. The Right Wing rise to power and invasion of the united States is stunning.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
You had me until the immigrant part and I stopped reading. Illegal aliens are a HUGE part of the failure of this country right now. I've seen firsthand what they do to towns and neighborhoods and the burden they are on states. Your rant was a good one until this point. Rethink this idea and I will consider reading the rest of it.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SavedOne

We will be come a 3rd world country or maybe even a 4th world country (yes, there is such as thing as 4th world country). We stand to lose everything even our very country.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scytherius
reply to post by nunya13

BOY I couldn't agree more.

I have been voting since Goldwater/Johnson; fought in Vietnam; was a Prosecutor & Defense Atty for almost 25 years .... and I have NEVER EVER seen anything as bizarre as things are now. The Right Wing rise to power and invasion of the united States is stunning.

I agree but in the opposite way in that I have never seen the like of the rise to power and invasion of the liberal/communist moonbats that I see these days.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Escrotumus

My personal take on everything that is going on now in the states and around the world is that, in reality, it is nothing new. The governments have always had their secrets, hidden agendas, suppressing information, etc.....it's just that now, since the creation of the internet, we have access to all kinds of information. Thanks to the internet, we can now see the truth!
The question is, now that we know the truth, what are we gonna do about it?

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

Awesome thread. The good news is we've been in a narcotically induced coma but we are waking up fast. The drug was money but the drug dealers have run out of dope. We may get dope sick for a few months but when we shake it off, we will see clearly for the first time in 50 years.

We will not forget. The guilty shall pay.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
You talk about job lay offs. What about the 10,000 that NASA is laying off. An unemployed astronaut? Now that is a job skill that is going to come in real handy as a Wal-Mart greedier. And maybe a "space shuttle service technician" can get a job at the local oil quick chagne. At this rate no one will have a job at all.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13
in Bizzaro America, you can see a group of black kids that robbed a store and insist it had something to do with the fact that they were black and get bent out of shape when you are called a racist. Then, somehow, YOU'RE the racist because you called them out on their racism.

I had agreed with most of your post until that bit. There is quite a difference between a trend and an occurrence. I live in the most racially integrated city in the united states; Norfolk, VA.

I'm not seeing race baiting or criminals playing the race card as a trend. We are all in the same boat, black, white and brown. If you're not in the upper 1%, you ain't in.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

Why do you complain about fat lazy people that get free money, if they can beat the system more power to them its alot better than working your ass off for the rest of ur life to make barely any money when you can sit at home and be happy

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Evanzsayz

You misunderstand. I am not complaining about "fat, lazy" people. I am complaining about people who complain about "fat, lazy" people.

Most of what i am saying is tongue-in-cheek.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by zarp3333

I don't know why people keep misinterpreting that post. i was bashing on people who judge the actions of other based on the color of their skin and then call someone a racist for pointing out that that judging someone by the color of their skin is racist.

Does that make sense?

I am commenting on the absurdity of calling people racists for calling out a racist. In this Bizzaro America, you are not a racist for saying a group of black kids who robbed a store did it because there is something wrong with black teens today. However, in Bizzaro America, you are a racist if you say the person who said that is a racist.

i think I'm complicating things even more...yikes!

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Escrotumus

if you are going to stop reading what i wrote because you disagree with ONE aspect of it, then i don't want to waste my time to convince you to read on.

Thank you for the inspiration of my new example:

In Bizzaro America, if you say ONE thing someone disagrees with even though they disagree with everything else you say, there must be something wrong with anything else you will ever say.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

Nunya13, when are you going to get it? We are living in the MATRIX!

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Yes, we have become so compartmentalized in our ideologies that we can never agree on anything, let alone make any compromises. Everything is black and white. Good and evil. if you think this one thing that i don't agree with, then everything else about you must suck, too.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by SisyphusRide

Originally posted by ExPostFacto It is the only thing I can seem to do, is support those speaking truth. And dissociate from liars.
I have tried this myself and still adhere to the philosophy of truth. What you will eventually discover is that the world will lets just say basically crucify you for it, get ready to be hated and despised... if you want to move along in society you have to lie ,cheat, and steal from others in one way or another, it's just all how one looks at it.

in the end and in the wilderness of bizzaroland your knowledge and skill do not reflect your success and achievements in life, but your cunning at snaking others makes you the ideal citizen.

Yep then you are following the same path as me. This is why I support people who speak truth over deception. I do not care what they look like, how they appear, their status in society, or other acts they have done in the past. Truth is truth. And many with soiled damaged reputations I have found speak the most truth. This is mostly because the slithering snakes have damaged them. Nobody is perfect, but truth is truth no matter who's mouth it comes out of. I hear a lie and that person gets no further respect until they start speaking truth.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join