It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are living in BIZZARO world..

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+44 more 
posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
**Mods, this may seem like it belongs in Rant, but I think this thread serves to show my perspective on the reason for the civil unrest we are seeing as a result of failed social policies and obligations; albeit, in a sarcastic way. However, feel free to move (not like you need my permission, or anything).**

I am convinced we have somehow entered a parallel universe in which everything has been flipped on its head. I admittedly say that tongue-in-cheek, but something weird has taken over our society. The enemies of our past have become our saviors. The civil servants and seeker of a better life have become the sole reason for the destruction of America when it used to be they were considered PILLARS of American society.

The poor are suddenly responsible for the fact that the economy is collapsing. Sitting on your fat, lazy a$$ collecting welfare is all anyone needs to do to take over an entire country and bring it to its knees. The corporate and political elite are now the ones who need to be saved from the poor people's destructive forces. They are the ones who need welfare. What happens in Bizzaro America is we cut welfare for the poor, sick, elderly, and disabled (those cretins) and give not only tax breaks to the elite, but also give them insane sums of money to help them get out of the hole they dug themselves in.

The people who were once cherished for their contribution to advancing our society by teaching our children and protecting our homes and our lives are now the greedy bastards who are responsible for poorly balanced budgets by elected officials who take bribes and gifts from the highest bidder. Americans need to be saved from their diabolical plan to bleed our state economies dry. Who care if $65,000 of their supposed $100,000 salaries goes to pay for social security, medicare, federal and state taxes, licensing, continuing education, holiday pay, healthcare, dental, and vision premiums, life insurance benefits, and retirement contributions and matches so that they aren't a drain on our society when they are old, sick and unable to work for a living. When that happens, they will STILL be taking all our money...those greedy bastards. No one deserves that crap for a hard day's wage.

The same immigrants who used to flock to America in droves as a great compliment and testament to how great America is compared to all others and to escape the hardships of other countries who simply can't compare to what America has to offer are the evildoers who are to blame for the incredibly high unemployment rates after thousands of jobs were shipped over seas and corporations laid off people in droves because they couldn't afford the ever-rising "fixed" cost of CEO bonuses, corporate jets, and penthouses. Something had to go, after all, and the rich can't be bothered with the burden of paying their success forward to the very society that made it possible for them to succeed in the first place.

Apparently, in bizzaro world, it's okay to lose your job to a foreigner, as long as said foreigner performs your job in their own damn country, works on an American farm,r mows your lawn, or turns down you hotel sheets in your swanky penthouse. It's okay for corporations to receive gargantuan tax breaks while cutting your healthcare, retirement, and holding back on raises.

In Bizzaro America, it's illegal to feed the poor, sell lemonade on the corner, and build vegetable gardens in your front yard. If you have to remind a cop of what your civil rights are, you deserve a beating for mouthing off.

If you're an Arab, you are feared and hated for your beliefs. You could kill anyone at any second cuz you're psycho like that. If you're Asian or Black and Muslim, which would be expected since you would be part of the vast majority of all Muslims, no one knows you're Muslim since you're not brown, so you're okay. In this new America, what you need to do if you're brown and Muslim is go join a terrorist organization to redeem yourself. Not just any terrorist organization. No. It's only okay to be a terrorist if you plan to overthrow the government of a long sought after geopolitical target. Hell. We'll even provide air support and guns on the ground. But the second the motivation for your terrorist activities is to fight against our support for tyrannical and oppressive dictators who we'll torture your a$$ from here to Sunday and no one will care, because, in Bizzaro America, people have no problem with others inflicting untold pain and mental torment on human beings who have been easily brainwashed because others took advantage of their weakness produced from fear and utter ignorance after they saw a small plane that looked like it couldn't fit a person in it dropped bombs on their loved ones or neighbors. Because, in Bizzaro America, we have no idea what it's like to be promised salvation from a God as long as you do what he says and if you don't, your soul will be tormented for eternity. We have no idea what it is like to see your countrymen killed with no remorse and want to get revenge and see justice served.

In Bizzaro America, its okay for our government to routinely and repeatedly "miss" targets and kill children playing because, well, this stuff just happens and the overall effort is to keep them safe anyway. if you get sick of us killing your people indiscriminately and tell us to get the hell out, we will stop giving you welfare (because you deserve it more than those damn teachers and old people) from you while we continue to give amounts several times more to those who do our bidding even as our economy spirals out of control because of those damn teachers, police officers, firemen, immigrants, and children selling lemon aid on the corner.
edit on Mon Jul 11 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: word to world in title

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
in Bizzaro America

In Bizzaro America, it's illegal to feed the poor, sell lemonade on the corner, and build vegetable gardens in your front yard. If you have to remind a cop of what your civil rights are, you deserve a beating for mouthing off.

I am the enemy.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by TerryMcGuire

The vast majority of us are as long as you are not rich and Christian. (not bashing on Christians in general. I am merely pointing out that anyone who is not Christian has their morality constantly called into questions as if being Christian earns you a free pass).

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

In Bizzaro America, those of us that honorably served in the armed forces can be eyed as "Domestic Terrorists" and a threat to "National Security"

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

When i read the Book 1984

It became apparent to me that Orwell's per-se predictions or ramblings are becoming true.

Every passing day.

This rings true

And i will die hating them

"To die hating them, that was freedom"-George Orwell

Will the Banksters and the Corpocracy Eventually Own It All? 29 Statistics About Extreme Income Inequality In America That Will Blow Your Mind.

edit on 11-7-2011 by TheUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ShAuNmAn-X

Yes, and those who question information spoon fed to us have mental problems.

People with adequate IQs are a bane on society because they think they know everything when it is obvious that people who barely made it through high school have all the answers.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TheUniverse

A good friend of mine said she used to think her dad was crazy when she was younger as he would "ramble" about this conspiracy or that. She said she is so scared now because she sees everything her father said coming true right before her very eyes.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
theres been alot of rant threads lately, this is the only one i've s+f'd.
well said op.
*applauds*

edi:ah wasnt a rant thread, you know what i mean though.

edit on 11-7-2011 by neonitus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by neonitus

Wow, thanks for the compliment; that means a lot. I haven't done a thread in a while, but i am bursting at the seems from the insanity I see on a daily basis.

ETA: I knew what you meant

edit on 11-7-2011 by nunya13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
If I was in a parallel world I'd have my man!

But since I know everything about him but have not met him yet, my memories are quite yielding..........
Yes we might have collided with a parallel universe, but we're only at the half way mark. When I'm sitting with (John) I'll let you know!

Then we are in a parallel universe. But at this point, i swear I'm in the twilight zone. Nothing seems right anymore. It is absolute madness. S & F for you OP

edit on 11-7-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
in Bizzaro America, you can see a group of black kids that robbed a store and insist it had something to do with the fact that they were black and get bent out of shape when you are called a racist. Then, somehow, YOU'RE the racist because you called them out on their racism.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13
in Bizzaro America, you can see a group of black kids that robbed a store and insist it had something to do with the fact that they were black and get bent out of shape when you are called a racist. Then, somehow, YOU'RE the racist because you called them out on their racism.

I'm black and my lazy ass is too sorry to get up, less then rob a store. You won't have to worry about me, I'm always here

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Heartisblack

One more thread lost to racism.

When choosing those to "watch my back" I'll use qualities far more telling than skin color, religion or even politics.

*This response should have been directed to Nunya, not HiB.*
edit on 7/11/2011 by FrenchOsage because: Sloppy

edit on 7/11/2011 by FrenchOsage because: Sloppier?

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
It's not just America that's gone Bizzare.

More and more everyday I see this growing madness in the population, the growing divisions between have and have-not, the growing pre-occupation with violence and disrespect in youth culture... and their almost as young parents.

I walk through our shopping centres and have to remind the younger people (3 to 30) that it's not a playground to run amok in, that everyone does not want to hear their foul language and that they need some self-respect. Why do I have to speak up? Because everyone else is AFRAID to.. so they are now part of the problem.

I had one 15 year old girl yell back at me across the street, "You can't tell me to have some self-respect!"..... man I laughed about that. She just could not see what was so funny about it.

I see people so focused on their own little world while driving a car that they miss stopping for stop signs, almost crash into me at roundabouts.. or think they are more important and own the roads here.

I see what appears to be lower and lower IQ's in the population which at first I thought may have only been this district..well, it was started with only two families you know
so the gene pool is shallow to say the least. But it's not just here, it is everywhere you look.. the gorwing numbers of dumbarses is becoming scarey to think about in the future..... Idiocracy anyone?

But that's only the half of it over here....

I'm in Qld, Australia and we have just had Flouride added to the water supply. Upon questioning the Elected and the Health Minister I get handed the old and well worn story of the benefits. Now I did send links and info to them but they insist it is all wrong.

They say 15miligrams per Litre is safe, and yet the Report to the U.S government in 2006 says 4milligrams per litre is safe until we learn more about the long term negative effects we are starting to see. My elected do not wish to look at this information and refuse to offer an alternative to drinking their now poisoned water.

So very obviously the elected believe they know better despite decision making with old science. It is obvious to me that we do not have a Voice, other than during elections. And we need to be able to dismiss any government that is not doing what is right for the people and the nation.

But sadly, most people are also afraid of forcing Change. They will wait until a lot more people are in the crowd so that they have some human shields to rely on.. gutless wonder I call them these days.

Better stop here.. sorry to take over.. just wanted to share.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

well you got that almost spot on, i am not saying i agree with every observation, but the vast majority.
the world is up side down, and there are many things others have mentioned that was not included, and it is exactly the same here in the u.k., everything is topsy turvy.

star and flag, for putting things in prespective.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

The world is upside down. However, it is a matter of perspective in my opinion. I hope there is a God that comes and ends this madness soon. People are so trapped in their own warped sense of right and wrong they miss the larger picture. I cannot put it into words yet, I hope I have the words to describe it eventually. I know there are others that sit and wonder what planet are they living on. Some are outraged at my own ideas of what is good and right. I personally think cutting off the poor and helping out the rich is the most stupid thing that has ever occurred or considered. Yet, it appears many of my fellow Americans are so brainwashed they think that is great, because then their stock portfolio's will not lose any value.

I am sick of it all. The world is on its head. Right is wrong. Wrong is right. Down is up. Up is down. It is all backwards, every part of it. Yet the people that stand for the truth of it all I find strength in supporting. I have made a commitment to support those that speak truth, no matter any other part of their character. If they speak truth, I can trust them. If I hear a lie, a blatant lie, then I withdraw support. It is the only thing I can seem to do, is support those speaking truth. And dissociate from liars.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
You do not have to watch The Twilight Zone on the Sci-Fi channel any more. Every day you get to live it for real. It would take a week just to list all the things that have went crazy in just the last 5 years alone. Looks like Y2K did not affect the computers but people instead. It is as if reality is coming un-glued. It is to the point that nothing surprises me any more. I do not know what is going to happen next. Am I going to get killed by a trigger happy cop just for the fun of it or get stepped on by a T-Rex. Or maybe the next door I open I will find my self in another place and time. I could compare it to any number of things from a real life "1984" or "The Twilight Zone" and the list goes on but I do not think any of them really do it justice.

When reality is broken just who do you call to fix it?

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by fixer1967

Most days I am an idealistic optimist.
Sometimes the only way to fix it is to step out of the way, let the wildfire run it's course, and replant the forest.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by blood0fheroes
reply to post by fixer1967

Most days I am an idealistic optimist.
Sometimes the only way to fix it is to step out of the way, let the wildfire run it's course, and replant the forest.

But what about those who can not get out of the way? Will there be anyone left to replant the forest this time? I am really starting to worry.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13
reply to post by TheUniverse

A good friend of mine said she used to think her dad was crazy when she was younger as he would "ramble" about this conspiracy or that. She said she is so scared now because she sees everything her father said coming true right before her very eyes.

my dad was dead on with his "conspiracies" too.....oh...
....i just realized how obvious it is, since i'm a member here....DERF!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join