It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I finally recorded the weird sound in the sky!

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by nitro67

I'm about to leave for work so I won't have time to read it now...but be assured, I will! Thanks for contributing....interesting!

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat

That's funny because the first time I heard the noise it sounded like the video above. Just not as loud. then the second time I heard the noise, it started off like the video above but when it got louder and stayed that way, it sounded more like the video below at around 0:45.

From my understanding, this video was a noise that people heard during a baseball game right before the Virginia EQ.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Ive been following the Facebook thread the people of Windsor, ON have made to find the source of their hum. And so far one guy has come up claiming he discovered his source of hum as vertical industrial fans, some 3-5 miles away from where he lives.

However, this man does not live in Canada. He was simply giving an example.

He said that when you get close to the source of the noise the dB is so high you don't hear it anymore, which makes it difficult to detect. But he says you can feel the vibrations.

So anyone out there, who hears this noise and can confirm some sort of industrial complex that uses vertical fans, please let us know any information you can.

Thanks!

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
Another one...there seem to be many coming from this part of the world lately.

WOW! I know this sound quite well but from different source. This is more pure but near exactly the same.

This is a recording made in the mountains of Tibet when monks went on annual brass bowl playing in ancient caves. This is a very weird sound. Keep in mind there are about 8,000 Monks bowls, gongs, bells and other brass instruments at play. It is said this is calling to the Gods for peace on earth. It is also said the gods who taught them to make these bowls (Some 4,500 ya) and sound said they can hear the calling.

Weird sound similar to Mystery sound.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by nusnus

On the same note, if anyone lives close to this type of fan, but is not hearing this sort of noise, this would be just as interersting to know as it may help rule that out!

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Hi
This has probably been posted somewhere before on ATS but it is a follow up story to the rumbling noise puzzling residents in Windsor Canada.
I posted a link to the on-going story earlier on in this long thread. Basically, earthquakes and industrial noises have been ruled out but it is still a mystery to the authorities.

Link to CBC Canada Radio about the rumbling

I also read a while ago about the earth having a second hum which is a mystery. The earth's original hum was thought by scientists to be caused by the ocean waves crashing against the earth but this new hum is something different. I did not make the connection when I first read about it but now i am thinking it could be related.

I tryed to find an article relating to this and found a Sott.net article from 2008.

For around a decade we've known about Earth's quiet "vertical" hum, probably caused by the steady thumping of deep waves on the ocean floor. Now a team in Germany has discovered a second "horizontal" note, too, and nobody knows what's causing this new signal.

Though certain events seem to amplify this constant signal - such as earthquakes, volcanoes and large storms - the source is a mystery. "Something entirely new to us is causing this hum," says Spahr Webb of the Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory in New York, who studied the original hum.

The frequency of the new signal suggests something is "twisting" the surface of the crust in some way, says Widmer-Schnidrig. When released, the crust swings back and forth because of its elasticity.

Others have been looking to the heavens for a reason. At the American Geophysical Union annual meeting last December, David Thomson of Queens University in Canada and Frank Vernon of the Scripps Institution of Oceanography, California, told researchers that the new hum is synchronised with variations in the Sun's magnetic field.

Mystery Hum Puzzles Scientists

As always,I am fumbling around in the dark trying to make connections which probably don't even exist but my research seems to point to the sun as a possible cause to the rumbling.

Small article about huge coronal loops on the sun creating harmonics

here is another link about the original Taos hum type sound. It is a long scientific paper and I don't think it is the same sound as the rumbling noise being heard now but if you have the time and interest, it is quite informative.

A collection of scientific works on the hum

All the best
Quaid

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Wow...thanks! I have heard about some of that, but not all. I heard it today, and tried to record it....this was about an hour ago....I'm in the process of listening to them to see if it turned out good. All I had is my cheap camera
You know, the weird thing is for some reson, when I hear this noise, and try to record it, my camera starts making a weird noise, and the video gets kind of wavy, even though I am perfectly still. Any ideas on what may cause that?

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Morning Kat, loving all the new vids of sounds, thanks to all for posting

You really need to get hold of an IR camera, see if there is anything that can be picked up, I know they are expensive but I have seen people use those Game cameras with good results, or maybe a friend has one. Not going to be easy I know as you have to catch the sound which is very difficult!

I know there are a lot less issues re digital cameras than the older analogue ones, and that electromagnetic waves wont damage a camera, but sorry that doesnt answer your question of if it actually creates the wavy lines....

My brother is a photographer, Im going to ring him in a bit, see what he suggests
back laters!

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Has anyone noyticed the striking similarities between the sounds recorded on this thread, and the sound said be RF coming from waht was Elenin.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Worth comparing the two. Very interesting.

What does everyone think?

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by CherryV
Morning Kat, loving all the new vids of sounds, thanks to all for posting

You really need to get hold of an IR camera, see if there is anything that can be picked up, I know they are expensive but I have seen people use those Game cameras with good results, or maybe a friend has one. Not going to be easy I know as you have to catch the sound which is very difficult!

I know there are a lot less issues re digital cameras than the older analogue ones, and that electromagnetic waves wont damage a camera, but sorry that doesnt answer your question of if it actually creates the wavy lines....

My brother is a photographer, Im going to ring him in a bit, see what he suggests
back laters!

Some time ago I needed to use an IR camera on experiments. Lack of funds resulted me in finding a nice relative cheap option:

Go to a security kind of shop - buy CCTV with IR sensors. I paid only US$ 55.00 and it really works perfect.
Only - you need to tow your notebook or computer along all the time

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
I wonder if this was noticed elsewhere too.

Until about April this year all reports of "The Sound' was as if it was a slow running diesel engine in a distance.
Since late 2010 The Sound seems to become more of a vibration and somewhat weird effects; yet mostly almost not audioble.

Since last five months there seems to be a more definate weird strange kind of sound, quite loud generally lasting between 10 and 90 minutes. Descriptions were that of some blowing instrument like Bagel or Conch shell.

Anybody else noticed changes - by yourself or in other reports?

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shamatt
Has anyone noyticed the striking similarities between the sounds recorded on this thread, and the sound said be RF coming from waht was Elenin.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Worth comparing the two. Very interesting.

What does everyone think?

I have been thinking the exact same thing.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Aromaz

You can use your digital camera to take IR shots. Test it first by checking to see that you can see the light coming from your IR remote controll on the camera. If you can, the buy an IR filter (about $10 US) and tape it on the front of you camera. This will block out all visible light, but let the IR through.

You can also use a bit of overexposed and developed 35mm film, if you can find some!

Have fun!

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Some new video I caught today....listen with headphones. It woke me up and was so loud...the recording doesn't do it justice...It's been happening all day today off and on, so I'm going to try and record as much as I can.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Aromaz

In 2004 I noticed the hum that sounds like a generator off in the distance. It plagued me for almost a year. I was the only one in my house who could hear it, though, and I'd just had a baby so when I told my husband and my physician it got attributed to mental distress from severe post partum depression and I was put on Zoloft, though by then the noise was pretty much gone. I do not disagree with the diagnosis, just that hearing that hum was a symptom. I've since read not everyone can hear or even feel that hum for some reason.. It is not a good feeling to have your spouse look at you like you have lost your mind when they catch you looking for the source of a sound only you can hear.

Then there were no odd sounds until the odd rumbles last year. Those my husband heard. We heard one on the beach in South Carolina and he has heard the ones here in MD but he shrugs them off immediately as aircraft noises, completely disregarding the empty skies overhead.

I don't think I have heard anything like the more recent conch shell sound you are asking about. That certainly would be an attention getter!

I must say now that I have more experience with earthquake noises, some, but certainly not all, instances of the rumble I heard last winter remind me of the earthquake noises except for their pulsed or rhythmic quality.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
It's sad to see that even a real good interesting subject like the mysterious sounds and the taos hum now has people who see a connection with Elenin.

Someone enlighten me how a chunk of ice millions miles away would create loud sounds on Earth?

How can there even be a remote connection between those sounds (and there were some really freaky recordings) and this stupid comet? Please don't drag this subject down and start with the Elenin crap here also.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by berkeleygal
reply to post by nusnus

talk about odd!

play one, then the other, or listen to them both at once...

I posted this a few days ago at the other "Rumbling noises" thread.

The first video is in the UK just recently

and the 2nd one was the one in Ohio a few years ago.. Sounds the same to me.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by CherryV

OK...thanks! It's just really odd....I made videos just the day before of my cats, and it was perfect. When I tried to record the sound, it starts out ok, but then starts that swooshing noise and the the womp womp noise. It keeps getting louder and louder till you can't hear what you are recording. It's a cheap vivitar camera....I'll NEVER buy another one like this. Thanks for all your help!

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by SheeplFlavoredAgain
reply to post by Aromaz

In 2004 I noticed the hum that sounds like a generator off in the distance. It plagued me for almost a year. I was the only one in my house who could hear it, though, and I'd just had a baby so when I told my husband and my physician it got attributed to mental distress from severe post partum depression
[...]

I am really not sure whether the "hum" and those recent, rumbling sounds are related. Isn't the classic hum more subtle and cannot be heard by anyone? But those recent sounds have a total different quality to them...i mean they are obvious?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

THANK YOU!
It's funny because just before I read your post, I was at another thread where a dude is saying Elenin is sending radio frequencies to Earth and you can hear it on a ham radio (he also claims he has traveled to the comet, and traveled many light years
I posted a comment saying it cannot do this, it's just a ball of ice and rock...then I came here and saw your post!

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join