It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does life have a purpose?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by label
What is the meaning of knowing the meaning of life?

I agree with the OP there is no meaning of life. It just is. If there was a purpose, you would be limited in freedom and our true Self is unlimited.

The meaning of life it to attempt to resolve the paradox that is infinity/nothing. Resolution is the act of unconditional love or complete destruction.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

Could you please rephrase the above...thank you.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by kacou

Could you please rephrase the above...thank you.

Infinity is nothing. This is a paradox.

par·a·dox    /ˈpærəˌdɒks/ Show Spelled[par-uh-doks] Show IPA noun 1. a statement or proposition that seems self-contradictory or absurd but in reality expresses a possible truth.

A paradox is unstable. It is a potential difference. Thus creation can flow. Everything flows back to the source. This is basic principles of electircal physics I'm talking about. So the paths are two. You can embrace the path to nothingness or the path to infinity. The destination is the same.

Read this. This pretty much sums it up. www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 12-7-2011 by smithjustinb because: link

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by LifeIsEnergy
Does life have a purpose?

Objective question requires objective answer.

If you are interested in making it so, then yes. If you are interested in the Ultimate Truth, then no.

So yes and no, depending on the questioner's purpose of the question?

Purpose is a concept created by the human intellect. The Ultimate Truth of life cannot be conventionally understood by the human intellect. Thus the purpose of life, on an absolute level, cannot be conceptualized into words or thought. Thus this is a meaningless question for those who are interested in the Ultimate Truth.

The question you proposed had a purpose, even though an indirect one attempting to enlighten readers rather than discuss a conclusion. However your assertion to what the ultimate truth is, falls short to explanation because you claim it cannot be understood by "conventional intellect", whatever that means. And since coming to a conclusion of life's purpose cannot arise through rational thought, the only answer in the objective sense, is that life's purpose is your very ability to experience it, because any labeling to the usefulness or uselessness of this life in any sense is using words or thought, against your rules for "life's absolute level purpose".

Now unless your ultimate truth is beyond the simple experience of being alive, then "life" is not your concern, nor in the realm of where the truth is.

Keeping in mind my response is only bouncing of your own OP

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
John 5:12 He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

Then the purpose of life is to enjoy things as they come and to live.

I found religion to be the essence of life.

What would the purpose of life be when you solely exist? There would be none. Let life take over your existence.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by juveous

I would agree with what you say here, except I don't believe there has to be an ultimate truth.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   
If we know life's purpose we wouldn't be having this conversation.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by radkrish
If we know life's purpose we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Life's purpose is the resolution of the paradox. Now you know.

Love your way to infinity
Destroy your way to nothingness

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

If infinity is nothing then we are nothing and we don't exist....you and me and the everything else...no?
Infinity is part of our world: the proof is that we have not yet reach any end yet...did we?

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

How is killing others on purpose? That's a quite pathetic action. Is it not?
Self defense is one thing...,but the act of killing for pleasure is inexcusable.

yet we all think kittens are soooo adorable right?

anyway, i think our purpose is fullfilling that which has allready been set in motion
edit on 13/7/11 by Reignite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Does life have a purpose? Does a dream have a purpose? Namaste

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

If infinity is nothing then we are nothing and we don't exist....you and me and the everything else...no?
Infinity is part of our world: the proof is that we have not yet reach any end yet...did we?

The point of infinity as nothing is that it has a potential difference, or in electrical terms, voltage (electrical pressure). For current (experience/awareness) to flow(expand) through an electrical system (space/time), it must have a voltage. The higher the voltage, the higher the current. Infinity has no potential difference alone. But infinity and nothing as one in a paradoxical unified source DOES.

To answer your question: If nothing were nothing we would not exist. But infinity is nothing and we do. We are and always will be at an ever-expanding point in the center of two absolute extremes.

Ultimately, no we don't exist, we're just pretending we do.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

The point of infinity as nothing is that it has a potential difference, or in electrical terms, voltage (electrical pressure). For current (experience/awareness) to flow(expand) through an electrical system (space/time), it must have a voltage. The higher the voltage, the higher the current. Infinity has no potential difference alone. But infinity and nothing as one in a paradoxical unified source DOES.

To answer your question: If nothing were nothing we would not exist. But infinity is nothing and we do. We are and always will be at an ever-expanding point in the center of two absolute extremes.

Ultimately, no we don't exist, we're just pretending we do.

The two voltage "poles" are the Source, the infinite expanse (a mathematical spherical multiplication existence) and the other pole is the ONE infinitely kinetic, infinitesimal singularity. The "current" between the infinite expanse and the singularity is the current material of time. It is the infinite kinetics of the ONE singularity that generates (upholds) 2 infinite existences. Where the singularity IS, as a component of the "flight path" of infinite kinetics is the infinite expanse. Where the singularity IS NOT, as a component of the "flight path" of the infinite kinetics is the infinite impedence. The generated non-existence since God could not be omnipresent inside the absolute nonexistence, it had to be generated, then entered, thus all that is finite, the Universe. The current of time (the future) that impacts the infinite impedence causes it to no longer be kinetic (current) and it turns to voltage (space). But since there is no time characteristics as pure space (the present) it exists for an infinitesimal duration causing infinite space to collapse in on itself and return to its default state of pure kinetic, only now as the current of time as all the past.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by tkwasny

For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. So for the action of infinite kinetic, what is its equal and opposite reaction?

It must have one. Infinity alone has one if taken out of context from the paradox. Infinity's equal and opposite reaction would be nothingness. So if infinity's equal and opposite reaction is nothingness, what is infinite kinetic's? It can't be nothingness, so what is it? ???Negative nothingness???

Kinetic energy is finite.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Thank you for answering.
There is a BBC Horizon program that you may like if you don't know about it:
Dangerous Knowledge 2007...google it you can watch it then.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Thank you for answering.
There is a BBC Horizon program that you may like if you don't know about it:
Dangerous Knowledge 2007...google it you can watch it then.

Dangerous Knowledge. Sounds interesting. I'm not at a computer with sound right now, but when I get to one, I'll check it out.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by HUMBLEONE
Does life have a purpose? Does a dream have a purpose? Namaste

Right, and just the same, does a river flow with a purpose? Does a tree grow with a purpose? Do clouds drift with a purpose?

Peace.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
The ultimate purpose of life is to find God. We are His Creation so we must learn about our Creator.
This world is passing away like a mist, it's only temporary, there is an afterlife.
You choose: heaven or hell. 2 paths, one choice.
Go to youtube.com/lola5577 and read her message on how she was "saved".

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by sara09

What is this "afterlife" and how do you know it exists?

Peace.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by LifeIsEnergy
reply to post by sara09

What is this "afterlife" and how do you know it exists?

Peace.

What about we are the Earth made to think that we are individual portions of it. When we die, the Earth we are lives on.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join