It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Panetta makes 9/11 gaffe in Iraq

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Panetta makes 9/11 gaffe in Iraq

www.rawstory.com

Newly appointed US Defence Secretary Leon Panetta told American troops in Baghdad on Monday that 9/11 was the reason they were in Iraq, before he was quickly corrected by his spokesman.

"The reason you guys are here is because of 9/11. The US got attacked and 3,000 human beings got killed because of Al-Qaeda," Panetta told about 150 soldiers at the Camp Victory US base.
(visit the link for the full news article)

+9 more 
posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Again ?

Seriously, this is unbelievable, ex head of CIA and 10 years after 9/11 and he still insists, that IRaq has something to do with 9/11.

These guys really believe their own lies.
Really Nazi Style Propaganda.

As Goebbels said: "“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.”

And Panetta is Defense Secretary under Obama who announced "change" Pfff.

www.rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by svetlana84

Seriously, this is unbelievable, ex head of CIA and 10 years after 9/11 and he still insists, that IRaq has something to do with 9/11.

How about Rumsfeld and Building 7...

"What is Building 7?"

"I never heard of that."

Senior moment, or total B.S.?

ETA: Sorry if that seemed off-topic.
edit on 11-7-2011 by Hessling because: Fix YouTube video

edit on 11-7-2011 by Hessling because: ETA

edit on 11-7-2011 by Hessling because: ETA

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by svetlana84

He forgot which [SNIP] to spew: 9/11 or "Evil Dictator" propaganda.

What he meant was "You are here to be security for the halliburton and GE oil wells."

My heart truly goes out to our soldiers that may not even know the real reason we are there.

Good post S+F+S

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

edit on 11/7/11 by argentus because: snipped censor circumvention

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

That's the problem with lying. Once you start....How does it go...."oh what a tangled web we weave...."

They can't remember all the early lies, only the ones they built upon the original lie of 9/11.

Only a totally subservient lapdog roll-over-and-submit news media makes sure that nearly all of the lies will never be caught by almost all of the people.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
These guys need a score card to keep up with all their lies. The only country we can honestly invade because of 9/11 is Saudi Arabia - and that's IF you believe the OS. The country we should invade over 9/11 is OUR OWN - to get rid of the traitors and insiders who perpetrated it.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
As George Bush (lil Bush) once said: "in my line a work, you gotta keep repeating things over and over,...... to catapult the propaganda". Man, I love that quote. Freudian slip? Naw, I think he's just rich as hell and just doesn't give a damn. PEACE.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Surprise surprise... Panetta, not even a month on the job and already spewing BS.

Not a big surprise coming from American government officials.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I'm not one to post silly videos in response to serious topics, but..

Youtube

That just sums it up really well.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxsomexpersonxx

Youtube

Im normally not one to click on silly videos in response to serious topics,

But that was a near-perfect summation

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Youtube

Yeah ... All in one minute ..nice video

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Insane, the Pentagon Spokesman who is with Panetta on the Iraq trip spins it even further, saying:
"Iraqi extremists are using sophisticated weapons supplied by them by IRAN"

!!?? Sophisticated weapons ? Such as Ak's and IED's ?

The spokesman goes on (citing Panetta):
"If the Iraqis do not respond to protect the americans, the americans themselves may launch combat operations against those behind the attacks here in Baghdad and ELSEWHERE"

So no it's up to the Iraqis to protect the americans who occupied their country ?

Here's the vid:

Outrageous !! But classic;
Sun Tzu's principles for the conduct of war is that "All warfare is based on deception".

Really, we need "change". Real change, not some false, phony, BS propaganda by the military-industrial complex.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Why do you bother with such meaningless stuff? Don't you know that the really important stuff is when Sarah Palin says something (correctly) about Paul Revere, or Michelle Bachmann says something (correctly) about the Founding Fathers. You know, stuff that happened 250 years ago, stuff that 99% of Americans would've flubbed and don't care about?

Am I right, libs?

/sarcasm

edit on 11-7-2011 by mishigas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Politics has nothing to do with intelligence....reminds me of when McCain started rambling on about Al Qaeda being trained and supported in Iran, five seconds later an aid had to correct him....sigh. All caught on video as well.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Youtube

Actually, while that show is very silly at times, I thought they have serious messages at other times, and I thought that was intended to be somewhat serious. It's pretty much true, right?

And it is very on-topic.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
This Panera bread guy is an idiot. Either that or he knows the truth and the brainwashed soldiers will just follow orders without question or even thinking. That's why those who can think don't really join the US military.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Leon, seriously, the only positive spin I could put on what you said is that you were engaging in a pep talk to the troops who were left behind there, and you knew you had to continue the lie, for morale purposes, as to why they are still over there. I guess you thought it over, what you would tell them. To lie or not to lie...lie.

And then you came up with the remark about them being blown up by Iranian weapons, because they're still there. Yes, if any one of those poor buggers should question his duty there, well, you set them straight...Iraq and Iran.

Did you show the troops any dissatisfaction and anger about the way the nation building went there, that Iraq really proved to be a quagmire, that things still aren't going the way "we" want it, too? I hope you pepped up your, our, troops really well, sir, because those poor buggers shouldn't be there. For their sake, lie.

No, sir, you'll just be another in a long line of Big Fools...from a song we sang, courtesy of Pete Seeger, back in Viet Nam war days.

It was back in nineteen forty-two,
I was a member of a good platoon.
We were on maneuvers in-a Loozianna,
One night by the light of the moon.
The captain told us to ford a river,
That's how it all begun.
We were -- knee deep in the Big Muddy,
But the big fool said to push on.

The Sergeant said, "Sir, are you sure,
This is the best way back to the base?"
"Sergeant, go on! I forded this river
'Bout a mile above this place.
It'll be a little soggy but just keep slogging.
We'll soon be on dry ground."
We were -- waist deep in the Big Muddy
And the big fool said to push on.

The Sergeant said, "Sir, with all this equipment
No man will be able to swim."
"Sergeant, don't be a Nervous Nellie,"
The Captain said to him.
"All we need is a little determination;
Men, follow me, I'll lead on."
We were -- neck deep in the Big Muddy
And the big fool said to push on.

All at once, the moon clouded over,
We heard a gurgling cry.
A few seconds later, the captain's helmet
Was all that floated by.
The Sergeant said, "Turn around men!
I'm in charge from now on."
And we just made it out of the Big Muddy
With the captain dead and gone.

We stripped and dived and found his body
Stuck in the old quicksand.
I guess he didn't know that the water was deeper
Than the place he'd once before been.
Another stream had joined the Big Muddy
'Bout a half mile from where we'd gone.
We were lucky to escape from the Big Muddy
When the big fool said to push on.

Well, I'm not going to point any moral;
I'll leave that for yourself
Maybe you're still walking, you're still talking
You'd like to keep your health.
But every time I read the papers
That old feeling comes on;
We're -- waist deep in the Big Muddy
And the big fool says to push on.

Waist deep in the Big Muddy
Waist deep in the Big Muddy
Waist deep! Neck deep! Soon even a
Tall man'll be over his head, we're
Waist deep in the Big Muddy!
And the big fool says to push on!

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
"There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again." —Nashville, Tenn., Sept. 17, 2002

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." —Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004

I thought these quotes were appropriate for this thread. Is the government just getting more stupid each day?

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   

What the hell?

Jeez, just bring the troops home already this is rediculous.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
It just goes to show how convoluted everything surrounding 9-11, Irag, Afghanistan, OBL, etc... is. So many lies, disinformation and general B.S. which has confused everyone so much to this point. No one seems to know anything and talk out their proverbial @$$!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join