It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'State of emergency' in 'Nazi'-cop town?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+56 more 
posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I'm sure everyone heard this story. A woman is speaking at a town-hall meeting, the council demands that she give up the microphone. She refuses, they tell the police to remove her. The Mayor then speaks up and says she has the floor and the officer to stand down. Well - this is the video of that event:

This is Councilman Joe Winslow, who ordered Ms. Jones removed.

After the event, the video went viral. It has been posted all over facebook, ATS and many other places. It gathered so much attention that apparently the Police Chief felt they must declare a State of Emergency. The Mayor of the town, Ed Foster, says the chief and many other members of the council are corrupt and he, "Won't stop until they're in jail.

'State of emergency' in 'Nazi'-cop town?

"People in town are scared to death of them," he said. "It's just a clear pattern of harassment and intimidation by this government. These people have run this town like they owned it. It's got to be fixed and I'm not going to quit until I see them in jail." Read more: 'State of emergency' in 'Nazi'-cop town? www.wnd.com...

This is pretty scary stuff. When even the Mayor has no power, I think it speaks volumes about the condition of our country.

"'He's setting up to shoot us!' That's what we thought. He's coming up with a pretense to pull a gun," Jones said. "Police are to protect and serve, not to harass and intimidate. It has to stop. Someone's going to get really hurt, not just a torn ligament."

Mods, I wasn't sure if I should post this information in an existing thread, or create a new one since it's updated information and many people won't check back. Either way, there is an existing thread here.
edit on 11-7-2011 by EagleTalonZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Wow wow I thought the First Amendment applies to every American Town and City. Looks like we're seeing a preview of a despotic government

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by EagleTalonZ

Very interesting. I hadn't heard about that nor seen the video.
Could you tell us when this is from?

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
wow this is kinf of crazy it is almost like a civil state war going on for power and law and righteousness and justice and constitutional rights.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Terrorist

The event took place on June 28th 2011.

There is another article posted here.

There is tons of information about the incident and more information about the town as well. This town is very messed up!

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Thank you very much. Would you happen to know whether similar events are happening elsewhere in the country?

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Terrorist

To be honest, I haven't seen anything on this level before. A town where the Mayor is overrun by the Chief of Police and the Council attempts to remove his powers. It blows my mind! The guy has apparently tried to get help from the county Sheriff but apparently the corruption runs there too.

I'm definitely keeping my eye out for anything else like it.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
When are people going to stop sitting on their hands and start doing something about the trash we have in power in this country?

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Observer99

I agree completely! I come on here everyday or browse the web and find stories about things that SHOULD drive Americans over the edge. Instead, it's like they got poked while they're sleeping - a slight shuffle but nothing more. Obama laughed about ignoring the Constitution, we growl a little.

It's totally mind boggling! All these other nations are rising up and bringing about their own change. (or at least attempting to) and yet America, the land of the Free and Home of the Brave... does nothing.

Apathy is the enemy of Liberty.

I sent a letter to the Governor of Arizona. I hope Gov. Brewer responds or at least does something to help the Mayor and town out. That is just ridiculous.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal
Wow wow I thought the First Amendment applies to every American Town and City. Looks like we're seeing a preview of a despotic government

Looks like we are finally seeing right through the propaganda that they have been feeding us.

+17 more 
posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
In 1962, John F. Kennedy famously said,

"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible

will make violent revolution inevitable."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"The world is a dangerous place,

not because of those who do evil,

but because of those

who look on and do nothing." Albert Einstein

edit on 11-7-2011 by TheUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I have been following this from the beginning, it is a very scary situation. If the mayor has called the county police and got nothing, then maybe he needs to include them in the lawsuit that is building, This needs to be brought up before a grand jury, so they can be tried by the people they are trying to suppress. That will scare the hell out of these bozos and maybe put some semblance of order back into the comunity.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Those dumbass cops, they're like "Constitution? What's that?", and arrest her. I think the only way that we'll change things is by showing the cops that we're not going to be pushed around and herded into jails like a bunch of sheep, if they violate our constitutional rights don't take that s***, sue them or take action into your own hands.

I think it should be a requirement that before you become a cop, you have to study the Constitutional extensively. If you infringe on somebodys constitutional rights, there should be no question about it: fire that pig immediately. Personally I don't think that's enough though, if you're in a position of power like a LEO and you're infringing on Constitutional rights, you should be thrown into prison.

The mayor can't even control the police in his meeting? Who was that old corrupt geezer who wouldn't let her speak and kept interrupting her? How do people like that get put into positions of power, while the honest Americans are the ones being dragged our forcefully for doing nothing other than talking?

Talking is a crime? You can't talk, ATS, it's illegal. You can only exercise your First Amendment rights if you speak as law enforcement and politicians want you to. You should be getting your communist memo in the mail any day now detailing what you can and can't say and think.

That old man who was interrupting her should have been tazed, stripped nude, and chased out of town with torches and pitchforks for his blatant ignorance. But instead the stupid, power hungry pigs arrest the woman for talking at a meeting organized for just that.

Every town needs a militia to keep the pigs in check. If they're violating the Constitution, then we should take that as an act of war and treat it as such.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
This world is not as it should/could be.
One persons loss is anothers gain.
We, the people, have lost much, and our
complacency (along with a complicit, deceptive, trecherous Main Steaming Media)
has allowed ruthlessness to rise (under a guise), like seldom before.

There is inevitably worse to come,
as their contrived future inexorably rolls around.

What will I do then?
What will You do then?

I Think maybe I should run through the streets screaming------

'The NAZIS are back! The NAZIS are back!' (having never really been away, only going
on to expand into the Americas since the end of WW2)--------Right this Minute.

Maybe if everyone did likewise, we might avoid having to answer (doubtful) the terrible question;

'What will We All do then?'

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

I could not agree more with you, and I can't believe that no one stepped in to physically help her while the Gestapo had their hands all over her. Sometimes doing the right thing isn't always doing the right thing, as in, I could not stand by and watch that. I'm way too passionate to witness something like that before my eyes and sit idle. If the town got involved like that, these cops could do very little. It only takes two or three people in a crowd with that good'ol virtue of fortitude to stand up, and do something, and then people will follow. This whole situation, and I'm talking nation wide is becoming very explosive, and if things keep going the way they are, it's going to go nuclear quick.

in the great words of Jay and Silent Bob, (or just Jay)
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Several questions:

1 - How long have these council members been in their position?

2 - When was the last election? When is the next election?

3 - Will anyone in that town have the guts to oppose the incumbents? If so, will the town's citizens vote the incumbents out (in a landslide)?

4 - Why doesn't anyone in a higher echelon (county, state, federal) stand up and say "you can't be pulling that sh#t!"?

My point is simply aren't these incumbents "toast" next city council election, or does the corruption run so deep that they have no worries?

If they do get their sorry butts ousted, what will happen then?

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
"You are in violation of my rules" they are not his rules of conduct, they are federally mandated right? It was afterall simply a town hall meeting and not the Supreme court...

Sheeze, I was most interested in the faces of the crowds, the elderly seemed to just be as disgusted with her after the police began to take her away, but were not when they panned to them during her speech.

The younger people seemed to be appalled at her removal but it happened so fast that it took them time to fully comprehend the situation.

This is like Nazi Germany in that people will stand by and allow this kind of change inorder to not become part of the hostage situation against freedom of speech and personal liberty.

Think about it, when citizens are placed into camps once martial law is ordered, and it will be, noone is going to save anyone, they will just be glad it is not their family and selves being hauled away in the night raids which will certainly come as a consequence of this type of barbaric social behavior.

Past becomes the present as the majority of people are sent into personal survival levels.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I just love all of the town hall idiots just sitting around watching their constitution get raped.
This is exactly why this country is screwed. People just sit around watching it all happen.
We are SOOOOOOOOOO conditioned in this country to respect authoritahhh, and that the police are our friends
that we'll never stand up to them!!!!

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Yeah x( they just sit there paralyzed, don't have any brain function left after years of watching hypno telly.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Living here in Arizona also, I'll do my part to keep this story alive. It looks to me like it's the mayor against everyone else right now. Kind of amazing that he got voted in to that position in that town in the first place. It sounds like he needs all the help he can get and we, the American people, are in a position to just that.

In the first thread that came out about this I posted a link to the Quartzite town website that has the e-mail addresses and phone numbers of the town council. I've written to them already and I urge everyone here to do the same.

www.ci.quartzsite.az.us...

edit on 11-7-2011 by Taupin Desciple because: (no reason given)

Strange, I can't seem to find theie contact info. anymore
edit on 11-7-2011 by Taupin Desciple because: Clarity

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join