It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

End of the world?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I would love to know how many of you do and dont beleive that our existence will be over by the end of next year. It would be appreciated if an explanation could be provided with whichever answer you choose.I hope this thread will flourish and allow us all to gain a better understanding of our immediate future through facts and educated opinions.Thanks to all who contribute.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I don't believe the world will end next year. I think this way because no one's actually given me a legitimate reason to think otherwise

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Sadly I think it will. Read the bible and then learn how every known prophet has predicted bad things to happen in 2012. We will start over in Gods control of a new world but this evil one is on its way out quickly.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher
Sadly I think it will. Read the bible and then learn how every known prophet has predicted bad things to happen in 2012. We will start over in Gods control of a new world but this evil one is on its way out quickly.

One thing though that you are forgetting. No man knoweth the day, time or hour.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
It already has this is earth "2" our holographic reality

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by cyberghosts
It already has this is earth "2" our holographic reality

Funny I had a NDE experience a few months ago and that was what I got out of it.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by cyberghosts

What do you mean?

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I personally dont think it will be end (even though I wish it was, our world is very messed up already, it needs cleaning), but there will be VERY dramatic changes, it will be end of the world as we know it. Pole shift is happening, many earthquakes, floods, hurricanes and tornadies, and so on. More than during last decades, or even years. We are definitely heading towards something major. But end? Nope. At least not earth. Humans? Not all, but most.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by VicDiaz89

I saw one of your recent posts earlier complaining about all these "comets ending the world" threads and how if you read one more you would spontaneously combust or something like that...

So why create a thread that is basically inviting those kinds of posts?

------------------------------------

Anyway.. I personally do not think the world will end. I'd like to believe that there will be some sort of shift in consciousness as the Mayans predict, but I really don't know. Only time will tell
edit on 10-7-2011 by deanGI5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by deanGI5

I feel that through this thread we can all share with each other a bit of reason.This thread isnt for promoting end of the world predictions.Its for finding out what people really beleive will or wont happen.No proof for your beleif is needed here although it would be appreciated,this is merely for speculation.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
pole shifts seem to be the more popular of old doomsday theories.

link   

Originally posted by Farnhold
I personally dont think it will be end (even though I wish it was, our world is very messed up already, it needs cleaning), but there will be VERY dramatic changes, it will be end of the world as we know it. Pole shift is happening, many earthquakes, floods, hurricanes and tornadies, and so on. More than during last decades, or even years. We are definitely heading towards something major. But end? Nope. At least not earth. Humans? Not all, but most.

If all these things take place slowly..we will still be just as messed up (government still active ) if changes take place fast..the few that survive may have a chance of rebuilding in a new world.

link   
I keep hearing again experience the world in 2012, the major changes is.The only question is when is 2012?We must first recognize that we are the change. This world exists through our consciousness. It only reflects our inner spiritual attitude ... we have a choice. Too many people think that this world and everything around us already exists.But it does not .. we are the creators of this world and God is our witness.Please do not forget who you are and where you came from.Makes you not worry so much.It's all about the simplicity of our inner being .. like a diamond.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I do not think it will kill us all but once the cesium from Fukushima gets into the food chain it will decrease our numbers for sure. Anyone hear about the Marshal Islands and what the cesium did there? The higher up the food chain it gets the higher the concentration. They went over the island with radiation detectors and deemed it safe people went back and in a year most of them were dead. Turns out everything that grew there that they ate was full of cesium. Everyone realizes they have not stopped the leak and say it might be a year before they get it sealed off? Not to mention the recent after shocks and Typhoon season is not over till November. Thank the press out of sight outta mind.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heartisblack
One thing though that you are forgetting. No man knoweth the day, time or hour.

This is my biggest pet peeve since May....

First, my intention is not to justify any "end times" scenario, the Matthew quote just makes me insane. (My issue, not yours, allow me to vent a little ♥)

By itself, can't we just say it was "true at the time it was spoken"? ... isn't it possible at all this changed over the last 2000 years?

The exact quote of Matthew 24:35-36
Heaven and Earth will pass away, but MY words will by no means pass away.
But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, but My Father only.
(Emphasis mine)

BUT Thessalonians says, that you WILL see the signs...
Thessalonians 5:4
But you, brethren, are not in darkness, so that this Day should overtake you as a thief. (They capitalized "Day", I didn't)

I don't want to type out the whole thing - I hate posts overloaded with Bible quotes, don't you? But it likens the signs of this "Day" to labor pains.... Labor pains are pretty obvious... and you can pretty much predict how long you'll be in labor based on their patterns.. BUT not important
moving on.

So, its not that Matthew was wrong.... He was only right AT THE TIME. It has changed.

Lets look at why it changed.
Why would we be given signs to see in Thessalonians?
12 books after Matthew said "NO!"?
I'm SO glad you asked

Thessalonians tell us its because, "You are all children of the light and children of the day."

If you're a religious person and really pay attention to your Bible, you know that God is prone to changing his mind - if you read it from beginning to end you even see that "God" appears to "mellow over time" (especially after he grew up and had a kid)

The new and improved NT God, IF/WHEN the end does come, would NOT leave you to suffer but would ABSOLUTELY give you many signs and warnings - enough so that you could eventually guess the day, and will inevitably know the hour.

He wants you to know, so you can save yourself (at least spiritually). If you ignore the signs, bummer for you - you failed Gods test. Line for hell on the left
I'll save you a spot!

Thessalonians 5:6
Therefore, let us not sleep, as others do, but let us watch and be sober.
Best Bible line ever eh? Luckily it goes on to say if you decide to stay asleep, you get saved too
(sort of.. definitely a loophole there for interpretation)

Now lets put aside all the necessary faith factors, and lets just look at the Bible as a whole real quick and ON TOPIC regarding the "end of the world".

If the entire Bible is AT LEAST a history book (and much has been correlated), mostly written well after the events took place, why should anyone assume any of it is prophecy? That doesn't make any sense in the context of its entirety. Yes, I do admit that some situations in Revelations look a bit similar to whats going on today, but we're also molding them to fit our OWN interpretation of someone ELSES interpretation of a historical event. (read that last line twice, it made more sense the 2nd time
)

My own personal world?
Has ended many times....
Life as I know it? .... has ended many times...
If I wrote a book about it in metaphors, I bet someone could fit it into their own life...

Based on my personal history of "life as I knew it" and its cycles, I think its safe to say my world will end again - probably soon. But its only relevant to me, and my perceptions of what my reality is.

My most basic answer for the question "will the world end next year?"
.... No, it won't - I'm not that lucky.
As long as I keep rooting for it, you can rest assured it won't happen

If you made it through this whole post I thank you! ♥

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Your welcome good post.....
The end is not next year.or perhaps this one.....
Though i do see us making some kind of paradime shift but it is slowly building and may take a while longer, as it does depend a bit on the worlds oerall plight too......
The current spate of natural disasters may increase or not, ( its difficult to call that one) but it apears to me that we are headed for some cataclysmic earth changes ala sitchkins line of reasoning...
I dont expect nibiru to show up, but we are having gravity issues, here and oyther planets too seem to be actiating somehow....
Storms,atmospheric heating, etc.
I think there is definately some basic force that is acting on the solar system as a whole thus it is hard to detect right at this level.
If it does strengthen well find the culprit.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I don't believe that the End of the World (destruction of human civilazation) will happen next year.Unless the so called PTB are planning to launch a global nuclear attack,i don't believe anything is going to happen.

IF something happen i'm leaning towards a shift of the human consiousness and the beginning of a new era for the human history(hopfully better than this one)

The Mayas didn't speak of destruction,but the end of a circle and the beginning of a new one.If i remember correct every circle begins with the return of the gods.

Besides i was reading a thread later that stated that the huge alignment that everyone is expecting to bring the end of the world,happens every year.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

So no end of the world next year for me

top topics

join