It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wanna Make Some Quick Cash?!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+60 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I have been reading a lot of articles and hearing news about how bad things are and how people are out of work. I too recently lost one of my 3 jobs. Well I decided to take up dog walking back in January. I am a known member of my community so finding a few clients was not terribly hard.

End of January, I used some of the money I made to place an online ad in our community forum and post fliers in town where I was permitted to. By May I had picked up so many clients in my neighborhood, that I literally had to turn down people. I charge a reasonable fee compared to all the competitors in my area. After all this is my neighborhood, so very little driving (if any) is needed.

I have since lost my second job due to it's closing and have been able to take in more clients. This has now turned into house sitting as well. Instead of boarding their pets I stay and take care of the pet, take in mail etc.

If you are a small community person and looking to try something different, give this a go. There is hardly any costs or overhead and it's great exercise. I have recently discontinued ads since word of mouth is doing just fine.
I am making more CASH than I was with all 3 part time jobs now.

Good luck and I hope everyone is well.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Good for you! I've been saying for months now that people are only unemployed because they're too lazy to get off their behinds and get off the couch. Even volunteer work would be better than sitting at home doing nothing.

Welfare for three years (when it should be six months) is NOT the answer - people like you making their own opportunities is the answer. Well Done Star and Flag.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Good for you and your ingenuity! And to top it all off, you get to play with animals, and be outside in nature! With today's economy, jobs like you have and "handyman" jobs will become more the norm, I believe. I know someone who has created their own business cooking and delivering meals for shut-ins. She loves it, feels as if she is contributing to society, and has turned this into quite the lucrative business for herself. She saw a need, acted upon it, and was able to quit her full time office job.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Thanks for the replies. I hope this inspires some. I thought of this as supplemental income and never thought that it would have turned into what it has. I am very thankful, especially since rent was becoming an up hill battle along with energy bills etc.

Yeah, the animals make it a plus too. I can't have dogs in my apartment so now I have 30 or so furry friends who help make my day so amazing.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Congratulations on your thinking outside of the box. It's refreshing to read how people save themselves when faced with imminent unemployment.

edit on 10-7-2011 by Chai_An because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Good for you! My sister in law made so much money with her pet sitting/walking jobs she was able to pull herself out of debt.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thunder heart woman
Good for you! My sister in law made so much money with her pet sitting/walking jobs she was able to pull herself out of debt.

Glad to hear. I didn't quite notice the impact till last week. My bank account is maintaining a good positive amount. I was getting used to making enough to cover my rent check with $100 left if I was lucky. Hope your sister in laws is successful and you too.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by cluckerspud

Nice. instead of yelling " They took our jobs ! " ( south park voice ), you actually took responsibility on your own and with a little bit of luck , it worked out.

Congrats to you.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
It's good 'ol intelligent innovation like yours that makes me proud of the human species (actually, these last few years the only thing I've found to find pride in). Thanks for your encouraging post!

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Good way to earn money and make new friends at the same time.

Job satisfaction is where its at IMO,and if you are doing something helpful at the same time,thats a bonus.
Good luck with it.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Well I'm constantly walking around all day long, so I guess I might as well give it a go.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Greetings:

Truly inspirational, uplifting and motivational.

S&F!

Too bad you did not give credit where credit is due:

The Elenin/Earth/(put appropriate planets(s) here, depending on the date) alignments!

There was obviously a link there... and. somehow, you might have missed it.

Good thread anyway.

In Peace, Love & Light

tfw

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

What a delightful post. Heart-warming, encouraging, smile-inducing. Good for you! S&F

This is a great example of what I keep reading - to give means to receive. The service you provide is not only to pet owners but also to the animals, the neighborhood. It provides you with exercise, which makes you feel better and helps you project positive energy around you.

IMO, this has a much more positive and direct effect on others (and humanity by extension) than giving to charity organizations and paying part of our taxes for welfare programs. Those actions have their necessary place, but there is the element of corruption and fraud inherent in both. For some people, the temptation to take advantage of and use those positions for their own gain is just too strong to resist; they want everything for nothing.

People who have extra money generally don't have any problem paying someone to do household chores and take care of their animals while they're at work (or even if they're not working). It benefits them by making their lives easier and puts their minds and hearts at rest. It's a win-win arrangement.

Kudos to you!

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Hello cluckerspud, that is great to hear!
Would you mind sharing what and how you
Charge people? Maybe a u2u or something
edit on 10-7-2011 by Janky Red because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

congratulations
instead of looking for a job
you created one

a few more million Americans to go now.

the only thing you did wrong IMO
was placing ads

expect a visit from the taxman eventually.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Also, you can make some nice money mowing lawns. I know it's a very common idea, but imagine all the senior citizens that get taken advantage of by lawn care services.

Not to mention the people are really old fashioned, they like to see the youth of America doing work, not the corporations.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Just wait till your door gets kicked in and you go to jail for not having a business license.
your pretty much a terrorist the way i see it, tax evasion, no licenses... etc.
freakin criminals make me sick.

/sarcasm

good on you, stickin it to the man.
lets see them outsource dog walkers, they cant!!

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Let's just hope no legislation is passed that makes dog walking an act of terror.

Kudos to you for making something out of nothing though, inspiring story.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Ive walked a few dogs myself,but not the dogs youre talking about.
But good luck with your new endevour and all the best. Go for it.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by jdb51
She saw a need, acted upon it, and was able to quit her full time office job.

Indeed. Great enterprising people think like that. There WILL always be a market for something. You just have to find out what that something is and suck in the dough.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join