It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Bill in House - Ask Citizens to volunterily contribute to pay national debt

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by Soltari

Ok.....if I was an American citizen and I was asked to volunteer to pay towards the national debt I would DEMAND a full and thorough audit of the Federal Reserve Bank, the White House, Pentagon and the industrial military machine. ALL of it !!!!!

First stop...Michelle Obozo go get a real job and stop spending USD$500,000 of the tax payers money for holidays in Spain.

Oh that is a lot of crap and that's you. I don't think everyone would feel that way. Do you know what voluntary means?
And btw out of curiosity...What was Laura Bush's real job? I think Ms Obama is an attorney if I am not mistaken. That is a pretty good job.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
What exactly is the barrier that is preventing voluntary donations now?

Seems the gov is just wasting even more time and money.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

Hahaha yeah, she might have been one at one time or another... but not anymore. Nope, Obama won the Presidential Lottery! She gets a 4 year vacation on the taxpayers dime!

I honestly can't think of a single thing she has done in the White House, other than campaign to end childhood obesity. That isn't a problem that can be fixed by campaigning and raising "awareness". Junk food makes you fat, okay I got it. Thank you Mrs. Obama for opening my eyes to the fact an unhealthy diet is unhealthy.

Oh, wait... She planted a White House garden that was promptly turned over to a professional gardener. Almost forgot.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
So who has donated already? or is going to donate to reduce american debt?

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by earthling42
So who has donated already? or is going to donate to reduce american debt?

I bet that should anyone actually donate the gov will use up 80% of that money for some memorial with all the donators names on it.

the other 20% will get lost in minor bureaucratic workings getting it all done.

And it'll only take 50 years to complete.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Adyta

Hahaha yeah, she might have been one at one time or another... but not anymore. Nope, Obama won the Presidential Lottery! She gets a 4 year vacation on the taxpayers dime!

I honestly can't think of a single thing she has done in the White House, other than campaign to end childhood obesity. That isn't a problem that can be fixed by campaigning and raising "awareness". Junk food makes you fat, okay I got it. Thank you Mrs. Obama for opening my eyes to the fact an unhealthy diet is unhealthy.

Oh, wait... She planted a White House garden that was promptly turned over to a professional gardener. Almost forgot.

What do you want her to do?

Pull carrots out of the garden? Your laundry?

She has children and a family and if she went out to work you would say she was neglecting them.
Pathetic.

Sorry argument to go after a mans wife because you are not man enough to go after her husband.
I think we should leave the women and children out of it or why expect this woman to behave any differently than Hillary or Laura? Laura I liked a great deal and all she did was read to kids.

Your agenda and manner of ridicule are both petty and small minded and the attack itself is sexist. Carry on. IS
edit on 9-7-2011 by newcovenant because: IS stands for illuminati scum

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
end the wars
problem solved

Yeah. Can't help thinking this is a way to ask for donations for their wars.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/09614f08a4ac.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Adyta

Oh yeah, was'nt that a farce? Until Jamie Oliver comes to town and shows the whole world what garbage US schools feed their students......GARBAGE I would'nt even fed my dog for pete's sake!

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   

What's a load of crap? That I think most if not all Americans would like a full and thorough audit of the Federal Reserve, White House, Pentagon, the industrial military machine etc etc?

Or is it because narcissist Michelle Obozo thinks she's Queenie? She might have a lawyer's degree but that means nothing where I come from....at least prostitutes are honest in their craft! Lawyers are like car salesmen and insurance agents. They mean squat!

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

hey look...I personally think the Obamas should just give it up already and come clean my floors and do my ironing. At l;east I'll pay them minimum wage and I'll make them work for every cent - honestly and respectably.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant
She has children and a family and if she went out to work you would say she was neglecting them.
Pathetic.

Your agenda and manner of ridicule are both petty and small minded and the attack itself is sexist.

I would expect to hear nothing less from an Obama supporter. We attack Barack Obama, you scream "RACIST!!"... We attack Michelle Obama, you scream "SEXIST!!!". You guys are the WORST debaters I have ever come across in my life...

Also, do you not see the irony in your post? You pretty much say because she's a mom, she should tend to the children... then call ME the sexist.

Sorry argument to go after a mans wife because you are not man enough to go after her husband.
I think we should leave the women and children out of it or why expect this woman to behave any differently than Hillary or Laura? Laura I liked a great deal and all she did was read to kids.

You YOURSELF were talking about Michelle Obama in this thread, "defending her honor" when someone else dared to speak ill of the Holy One's wife. So we can white knight for her, but cannot criticize her? I got a good laugh out of the whole "not man enough to go after her husband" comment. Going after Barack Obama at this point isn't just beating a dead horse... it's beating the mush that was once the dead horse people were beating.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   

I'm a woman....I'm also a mother......and by God I don't have a big ar*se like hers.....so that tells me what she's not doing!

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by trollz

Actually that is probably the best idea. All seizures should go toward the national debt. Better yet just legalize drugs and tax it. Pretty simple solution, and it will pay down the national debt.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Right? I find it hilarious that an overweight woman is preaching about the importance of exercise and a healthy diet.

reply to post by ExPostFacto

Yeah, the hard part is finding a presidential candidate with the balls to legalize it, and the support to make it to the White House.
edit on 7/9/2011 by Adyta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Maybe they should pick a couple of topics and sell yes/no votes for a buck a piece.
Should we bring all the troops home?
Should we have national healthcare?
Should we fund studies on insect reproduction in the middle latitudes?
Should we would end the war on drugs?
Should Gay Marriage be legalized on the Federal level?

Then, just like American Idol people can vote (for a buck). Most votes wins.
Sure the corporations will end up iwth everything they want but they do anyway and at least this way it will actually cost them. It would actually be more honest than the way it is happening now!
Regular Americans could spend a few bucks each to vote against them and the total dollars might actually start to add up.

If the results were updated real time on the web and on the news everynight with like a month long vote, you might be able to raise some real money too!

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by blend57

If they did, there would be a lot of people that would help out. I think it would be cool to have a piece of paper that says I own a piece of the U.S.A. They could probably make a killing selling a certificate of ownership for $5.

Theres already a piece of paper that gives you ownership. Its called the constitution. Every American citizen owns the whole country in partnership.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

reply to post by Soltari

I think it is a great idea.
What better way to help your country?
I might even give a few dollars every week or so toward it and I am broke.

A friend and I were discussing this yesterday...if everyone gave a dollar, so many of the worlds problems can be solved.

If just a little bit was offered from everyone we would have no problems in the world, but we have so many hoarders and skinflints who will not offer a cup of water to someone dying of thirst because one day they might need that cup of water.

If we rounded up all these greedy, selfish nere-do-wells and shot them, I think everything would be ok then.

Please tell me your just trolling and having a laugh.

You do not seriously believe this, do you? The national debt scam was created to be perpetual. Debt creates bondage and servitude. Its a means of stealing the fruits of your labor in perpetuity. There is no paying it off. Ever.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Soltari

Voulentarily?
Similar to the way that the income tax is voulentary?

Since all the debts were racked up and voted on in Washington DC.
If all the states withdrew (seceeded) from DC they would be responsible for the debt not the rest of the states that hd notthing to do with it.

I'm tired of being handed a bill to pay for a wild party that I wasn't invited to.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

They Earned it so they can spend it how they wish! CheeesH!

Most Americans are having trouble putting food on the table these days, how're they going to pay for barry's vacations and illegal wars etc.. The so called stimulis has already indentured our grandkids now this lol!
And Yeah it would be interesting to see how much the obot liberals contribute.
A lot of people probably will donate but I would love to see how much pilosi, obama, reid an' 'em chip in.

Americans are already the ones paying now this! Amazing but not surprising.
edit on 9-7-2011 by AmericanDaughter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Apokalypsis

Um yeah, but most people don't have it framed and hanging up in thier homes. Also, if they do, odds are they payed for the copy and the frame.

Besides, that was just a 2 second thought that I had to show an example. I didn't expect a government official to look at my post and yell "Hey, now theres an idea!"

The thought is still valid. People pay $5 for a beer at the ball game. $20 for a new release movie they just gotta have. Americans have the money and would buy something if they thought it was valuable. Or if they got something in return. They need to think like that in order to get any help from us. Nobody trusts them to take the money and do the right thing. But if a person got something of value for their contribution, than they would be more than happy to help pay off the debt.

Bottom line is, they are not looking at thier most valuable assets...the people. None of us want to see our country go down the tubes. But no one trusts them to do the responsible thing. Thats why they are not getting any support and no one is sending them money.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join