It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fema to run test on EAS... linked to elenin?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by AstroBuzz

Because that is the case. The previous alerts have covered large areas. This will be even larger.

Even testing requires making sure that the pieces work before trying the entire system. Imagine the waste of running a large scale test if the small parts had problems.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon
found this article which claims fema are running a test on the EAS on november 9th around the same time earth is expected to pass through the tail debris of the comet.

And just at the same time YU55 is passing by as well. And closer than Elenin too.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
According to this site, the National EAS test is occurring on the anniversary of the (almost) accidental nuclear war with the Soviet Union in 1971.

The first nationwide test of the Emergency Alert System (EAS) will occur a week from tomorrow at 2:00PM EST, on the same date that - in 1979 - a computer error at the North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD) indicated Soviet missiles inbound on the U.S., leading to the panicked launching of the National Airborne Emergency Command Post ("Nightwatch") and preparations for a retaliatory strike.

It also posts the FCC's handbook for the EAS test.

edit on 2-11-2011 by AtticusRye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by maybee
I recall a thread about this a couple of months ago about this Emergency Alert System (EAS). The nationwide test will occur on Wednesday, November 9 at 2 p.m. eastern standard time.

It's odd the time they are doing it, most will be at work or in school. I guess they don't want a lot of people to actually see it.

It's an equipment test for broadcasters, not a test for public awareness/education.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
It is really interesting timing but I don't see anything that comes out of it, it will be just another day. I will check ATS hourly, however! Like I already do now

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I DIDNT SEE AND MESSAGE THAT SAID THIS IS A TEST............................ i live in abilene tx and was watching rachel ray a litlle bit ago and a emergency alert came on and said homeland security entrance point emergency alert has been issued for district of columbia the eas stayed about 10 min and then went off. i live next to dyess airforce base and since the alert i have heard 2 b1 take off just thought everyone would like to hear about it..... the eas was at 103pm approximately

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join