It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A one-world government is inevitable, so why oppose it?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Please Stay On Topic

There has been some excellent debate in this thread, but there have also been inappropriate comments. Let's focus on the former and put a stop to the latter.

If you disagree with another member, that's fine. Make your case and enjoy the process. If you don't like the thread, please avail yourself of the hundreds of thousands of other threads ATS has to offer with my best wishes.

If you choose ad hominem attacks as your way of making a point, know that you have just put yourself up against the entire staff of ATS, which is inadvisable.

Also, for those who don't know what trolling actually is, please see:

Trolling, And What To Do About It

Accusing other members of "trolling" in public threads is itself trolling, and subject to the same action as any other form of trolling.

If anyone has any questions about any of this, please send me a U2U.

And, as always, thank you so much to everyone who didn't need to be reminded.

You're the best.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Great thread op.

I agree that in order for us to advance as a species we must eventually enact a one world government.

I would love to see the earth as a type one civilization.

Unfortunately it will not happen in our current system and not for many many years.

You pointed out that it shouldn't happen now but a lot of people seem to of missed that.

Too many people are wrapped up in the intrigue of global elite conspiracy theories and Alex Jones 'documentaries' that they cannot see that things have to change in order for us to advance or even survive as a civilization.

To those who think that America has become a corrupt dictatorship, get over yourself. Americans today wouldn't know tyranny if it smacked them in the face.

Most of them haven't been outside the states and witnessed tyranny firsthand. You couldn't possibly of witnessed it if you think you are living in a dictatorship in the states.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by DEWALT

post removed by staff.

Yes, there is an apparent communist dictatorship everywhere that is out to get you.

The moderator was perfectly unbiased and objective, but you obviously could not see that. Anyone who does not attack the apparent communist and label them a troll is a communist themselves, yes?

Speaking as an NWO elitist, we are sending FEMA troops out to your house to place you and your family in the FEMA concentration camps as I write this post. You simply know too much and are on to our hidden communist agenda. Be afraid. Be very afraid.
edit on 9-7-2011 by MathematicalPhysicist because: (no reason given)

edit on Sat Jul 9 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by megabytz
Great thread op.

I agree that in order for us to advance as a species we must eventually enact a one world government.

I would love to see the earth as a type one civilization.

Unfortunately it will not happen in our current system and not for many many years.

You pointed out that it shouldn't happen now but a lot of people seem to of missed that.

Too many people are wrapped up in the intrigue of global elite conspiracy theories and Alex Jones 'documentaries' that they cannot see that things have to change in order for us to advance or even survive as a civilization.

To those who think that America has become a corrupt dictatorship, get over yourself. Americans today wouldn't know tyranny if it smacked them in the face.

Most of them haven't been outside the states and witnessed tyranny firsthand. You couldn't possibly of witnessed it if you think you are living in a dictatorship in the states.

Thank you. I really do believe that most of the posters didn't read my post at all, and the minute it clicked that someone supports the horrid prospects of the NWO, they must be a Marxist loving communist with a portrait of Stalin hanging in their living room. If there was a sudden push for a global government without the consent of the people, I myself would vigorously fight it and oppose it. However, one day in the distant future, long after everyone alive today is dead, it will be a possibility is all I said.

I agree with the tyranny part. It's baffling to hear these users say America is a tyrannical dictatorship and they must live in a parallel universe or something. America still has elections, you can protest the government anytime, you still have your fundamental constitutional rights that people in other parts of the world would die for to give to their children, and they aren't really going anywhere. There is no reason why America would cede its sovereignty in this day and age to either a pseudo-union called the "North American union" which was debunked or a dictatorial world government.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by MathematicalPhysicist

Don't worry. I'm on it.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by megabytz

What do you mean by "Americans today"? The Founders of the United States of America also believed they were under to cruel foot of tyranny. Consider these passages from the Declaration of Independence:

The history of the present King of Great Britain is a history of repeated injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute Tyranny over these States.

He is at this time transporting large Armies of foreign Mercenaries to compleat the works of death, desolation, and tyranny, already begun with circumstances of Cruelty & Perfidy scarcely paralleled in the most barbarous ages, and totally unworthy the Head of a civilized nation.

This was drafted by a bunch of men who enjoyed quite a deal of autonomy, and did not have to deal with near the amount of government regulation and taxation that American's face today. Indeed, the entire Revolution for Independence was sparked by a tax on tea! Income tax did not even exist at that time, but today exists in perpetuity.

King George of Great Britain did not have any FBI, certainly no DHS, no FDA, FCC, USDA, EPA, and none of the colonies had to stand hours on end in line at the DHB (Department of Horse and Buggies) to obtain a license and register their horses and buggies. No TSA touching their "junk", no IRS demanding financial records on whim, and no CPS kidnapping their children and declaring them unfit as a parent. None of this existed under what the Founders of the U.S. called tyranny.

Pointing to nastier tyrants does not excuse kinder gentler tyrants, and increasingly the adjectives kinder and gentler do not even come close to describing U.S. governmental administrative agencies. Of course, this is really what the "one world government" advocates hope for, some benign tyrant that will bring them Camelot, and those who do not buy into their fables get labeled as toothless uneducated hicks who suffer from delusional fantasies. It is tragically comical to see this phenomenon. Ah well, carry on with your fairy tales of wise kings and dragons for pets, it is, after all, your unalienable and natural right to do so, and no government need to exist at all in order for you to hold such fantasies.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
But Seriously, Folks...

For anyone who apparently missed the plot, here are some handy links:

How Not To Be Banned From ATS...

If You Have Been Post Banned...

Why Me?

And of course:

My previous post in this thread.

Note that when given links to articles that warn against arguing over moderator action, ignoring them and doing so anyway leads away from further participation.

For anyone who has read and understands what is needed to lift their post ban, send me a U2U. Alternatively, send me a nasty U2U to make that post ban a permanent account ban. No worries either way. I aim to please.

Thanks to everyone else for your patience.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Ah it's one of those nights mods,lol.

I hear the distant sound of a ban-hammer coming down.

Back to the thread, i would like to see a One World Government, but yes, as a Republic.

The obvious model to base that on would indeed be the US Constitution, a thought which may have occurred to the Founding Fathers.

Cosmic...

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by MathematicalPhysicist

I totally agree with everything you have stated! Humans must first understand the spiritual self of each and everyone of us no matter what culture or belief system.

The only way for that to occur is a spiritual war which will be WW3. We can achieve so much internally when we put our mind, heart and soul together creating a positive effect which can defeat any external factors we encounter.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux
What do you mean by "Americans today"? The Founders of the United States of America also believed they were under to cruel foot of tyranny. Consider these passages from the Declaration of Independence:

The founders also believed that certain people were sub-human and should be enslaved. The founding fathers were revolutionary people, but we have come a long way since their times. The founding fathers were also notoriously isolationists. See how well that worked out for us when pearl Harbor happened?

Originally posted by Jean Paul ZodeauxThis was drafted by a bunch of men who enjoyed quite a deal of autonomy, and did not have to deal with near the amount of government regulation and taxation that American's face today. Indeed, the entire Revolution for Independence was sparked by a tax on tea! Income tax did not even exist at that time, but today exists in perpetuity.

So if all tax were to be abolished, who would maintain the infrastructure of the country and the roads? Who would conduct government research for pure science? Obviously not the private industry, as anything that does not have any immediate returns on profit will simply be scrapped. If it wasn't for the research of NASA that had no practical applications at the time, we would pretty much still be back in the 1950's in terms of technology and development.

Which privately funded agency would have conducted pure research of the dangers of smoking cigarettes?

Originally posted by Jean Paul ZodeauxPointing to nastier tyrants does not excuse kinder gentler tyrants, and increasingly the adjectives kinder and gentler do not even come close to describing U.S. governmental administrative agencies. Of course, this is really what the "one world government" advocates hope for, some benign tyrant that will bring them Camelot, and those who do not buy into their fables get labeled as toothless uneducated hicks who suffer from delusional fantasies. It is tragically comical to see this phenomenon. Ah well, carry on with your fairy tales of wise kings and dragons for pets, it is, after all, your unalienable and natural right to do so, and no government need to exist at all in order for you to hold such fantasies.

Interesting. You have no form of evidence to support your argument that there is an elitist agenda to institute a world government, and yet you call our observations fairy tales and delusional fantasies? How comical. What I will never understand with you libertarians is this: Once you overthrow the government and scrap all regulations on corporations and taxation, do you not realize the people who control the corporations are the so-called elite who will monopolize the world and force children into manual labor, since most poor won't be able to afford education and children will obviously have to go back to working for a living? Isn't that your ideal world rather than a government that is elected by the people to keep the order and justice? How would you plan to deal with rogue corporations without any form of regulations or taxation? Remember Enron?

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

I mean exactly what I stated.

Americans of this day and age have never faced tyranny.

Even the tyranny the founders faced was a fraction of what certain other countries are facing today.

Americans only have a historical context of what tyranny is.

I didn't mean Americans had never faced tyranny in our history.

This was drafted by a bunch of men who enjoyed quite a deal of autonomy, and did not have to deal with near the amount of government regulation and taxation that American's face today. Indeed, the entire Revolution for Independence was sparked by a tax on tea! Income tax did not even exist at that time, but today exists in perpetuity.

Yes and they also lived in an entirely different world.

Without 300 million people and various problems that we face today that they could not of dreamed of. The revolution was sparked by much more than a tax on tea. Also the boston tea party was about a cut in taxes for the East India Trading Company, not a rise in taxes as many believe. And contrary to popular belief, the founders were not infallible.

edit on 9-7-2011 by megabytz because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-7-2011 by megabytz because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-7-2011 by megabytz because: I goofed

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by MathematicalPhysicist

Originally posted by SmokeandShadow
Your assuming that this level of technology is sustainable...your also assuming that democracy/majority rule, will be the system in place. I don't think one world government is sustainable in either case. It is a doomed proposition to begin with.

Any reason why you think that? Of course, a world government cannot work in our current state and will most likely be totalitarian. However, if and when all countries are on the same level in terms of development, people are more united, and another industrial revolution has occurred, why would it not be feasible and desirable to slowly assimilate all countries into a global government?

We can't keep this level of industry growing and certainly not...well...let me put it this way. The third world, even with the most generous adoration, financial and political, from those at the top of the pyramid, will never look anything like consumerist America. We don't have the resources, plain and simple. Now, maybe a global scheme could work where there is a great underclass that lives in the agrarian age where elites "possess the rights" to the rest of earths resources, but I doubt it. People are inexorably restless under such circumstances and given time, will "wobble the table" to even things out again though.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by megabytz

What you do is ignore the point! Pointing to meaner nastier tyrants than American's have ever faced does not justify the tyranny that exists in the U.S. today.

The express prohibitions that have been placed upon government in the U.S. is roundly ignored, and even worse, "Constitutional experts" lecture American's on what the Founders "really meant", never able to use any standard authorities such as The Federalist Papers, or case law, and instead tend to argue in the same manner the O.P.
does.

It is always clear when the heartless and cruel make themselves known. They are the ones who show total disregard for the rule of law, and for the unalienable rights of all people, in favor of special privileges and entitlements that they hope will give them some form of authority so that when they say "American's get over it", people will actually take heed.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join