It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Dose ATS Ignore the REAL Conspiracies!!!!??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I have put this in the general forum because this view point and it is only my opinion, I feel is relevant for almost all conspiracies however your views are very much appreciated.

I have been inspired to write this thread after becoming rather disenfranchised with ATS in the wake of the News of the Word scandal, a massive conspiracy with even bigger ramifications for the conspiracy community that thus far appears to have been largely ignored by ATS.

For those of you who don’t know about this due to the lack of coverage form ATS it involved the Murdoch family, corruption within the police, press and politics, the hacking of high profile public figure’s phones and even compromising a police investigation into the abduction of a young girl all connected together through a mine field of illegal activity and cover ups. The implications of what is happening at News of the World are inevitably going to spread to other subsidiaries within News international and the wider press industry casting a question over the reliability of the press as a whole and the place of the Murdoch family as the king maker of state leaders.

This is a “true” conspiracy that will have some profound implications for the feature of the press and governments relationships with the media, but there is very little information about it on ATS. This story should be on the front page and have multiple threads covering all aspects of the plethora of information that is being released; I would dare to go as far as to say its own forum. I do not blame the moderation staff nor do I blame the owners, I blame the members who in my short time on ATS do not appear to be interested in the real conspiracies of the world but are more interested in the spectacular works of fiction that are found across all the boards.

The members of ATS seem at large to be more interested in proposing outlandish conspiracy hypothesis’s that substitute scientific and historical fact with superstition, ignorance and paranoia. From the threads that claim 9/11 was the result of nuclear detonation, holograms or part of a grand Zionist conspiracy to those who claim to have been abducted by the little green men or the threads by the swarm of ATS profits and the others who see the fictional omnipotent NWO at every turn along with the numbers 11, 2012 and 33. These are not the real conspiracies of the world, they are just distractions.

Where are the threads that really examine in detail the events of 9/11 without a one liner and a link to some dudes blog who has probably been smoking to much weed and has came to the conclusion that 9/11 happened because Satan got angry or posting a link to what some random pilot has to say but with nothing to back up his claims. Where are the threads about the rout of Famine in the world, right now 10 million people in the horn of Africa are in dire need of aid, not found any threads looking at that. What about threads around the numerous assassinations of Russian journalists, people trafficking and how the west’s hunger for black Gold is impacting on native populations. Why are there not threads about the rise of the BRICK states or the SCO and the threat they may one day soon pose to the west. Then we have an absence of threads about other prominent conspiracies such as the death of David Kelly and Alexander Litvinenko or the cover up of secret government organisations such as Task force 373, SAD, the Increment, Kidon and so on. I could go on all day asking about the absence of threads about Pan Am 103, the effect of nuclear tests and global warming, Aurora projects, ECHALON and any conspiracy that does not affect the west. True conspiracy theorists should be drooling over this stuff and the current conspiracy unfolding at news of the world yet ATS members seem to skip over these important conspiracies and rather discuss everything in terms of the NWO and false flags, everything else get ignored.

And before any of you start Quoting Gandhi and advise me to “be the change you wish to see” I am new hear and I do indeed intend to be that change, but it’s going to take more than one member. All members really do need to get their heads out of the clouds and start looking at the real conspiracies of the world.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I agree, I've seen a lot of big topics snowed under.

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."

Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
This is a “true” conspiracy that will have some profound implications for the feature of the press and governments relationships with the media, but there is very little information about it on ATS.

Unless it's eventually revealed that Andy Coulson was able to arrange a (not successful) government-backed cover-up, this is more of a criminal corporate scandal rather than a conspiracy.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
If you're so sure that this is a "real conspiracy", why not devote some time and effort to informing us? You can't always expect others to do the work for you. Complaining about it may spark some interest in those who care to read your complaints, but writing your own thread on it may be more effective for raising awareness of this issue.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Why does ATS ignore?
ATS is made up of members, members can post anything

I guess I don't understand the question

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
Why does ATS ignore?
ATS is made up of members, members can post anything

I guess I don't understand the question

And as such as the nature of ATS allows, members can bring things to the attention of other members and those who google by. The only reason something is "ignored" is if someone doesn't post something. This is likely to be due to the fact that not many people know about the "conspiracy" and even fewer are likely to be members of ATS.

So, to the OP, if you think something is overlooked by ATS feel free to add it yourself.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Are you implying the coperate scandals dont belong on here? In my humble opinion anything that is intended to be shut out from public knowledge is a conspiracy against the people and if we are aware of it and not reporting it to the community, we are spreading ignorance.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
The only conspiracy I see in the News of the World story is why the people who perpetrated it in the early years of the new Millenium aren't being punished as much as the innocents working on the paper since 2007 who now face this sunday being the final publication of a 168 year old newspaper with the biggest English language sales in the world, the scoop on various scandals and news items over the years and the helping and backing of charities when none of those currently working at the paper were there at the time and therefore did no wrong.

Sure Andy Coulson was arrested earlier today as was the private investigator who actually did the hacking and listening but Rebekah Brooks is allowed to keep her job as head of News International? Allowed to give statements to employees of the News of the World telling them about the loss of their jobs and seemingly rubbing it in their faces?

Know the sad part about this?

The public and the worldwide community will mistakenly place blame at those currently working there and believe that the entire paper was corrupt and partaking in illegal activities rather than understand that those responsible have been gone from the paper and into other jobs for at least 5 years.

It can be argued that Ms Brooks may not have known about it but even so, as editor at the time and in charge of the entire operation when these activities were happening, she should still be held accountable.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I don't either. It sounds like a "I don't like the theories being proposed here" post without actually contributing by posting a theory the OP is interested in themselves. If you don't like what is here, bring your own topics to the table.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by underduck
[Are you implying the coperate scandals dont belong on here?

Not at all. Just that the nature of such things tend not to be a big topic here, unless there is government collusion.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Why Dose ATS Ignore the REAL Conspiracies!!!!??

/sarcasm on

BOy i'M sure Glad You used random Captiol letters
and that fourth exclamation point in the thread title.
If there wasn't that second question mark I wouldn't have even replied.

/sarcams over

I can't answer for all of ATS but I can answer for myself.
Short of a conspiracy convition in a court of law
(a subject unto itself)
the reason I ignore most "REAL Conspiracies!!!!??"
are because of two rules I made for myself when I started looking into the things I was hearing and learning.

Two rules

1) If it's really a conspiracy no one should know about it.

Most, if not all conspiracy theories fail on this level.

2) What is it about this conspiracy theory that appeals to me emotionally.

Subscribing to a conspiracy theory because it meets some emotional need, is also grounds for dismissal. For instance theories about education appeal to me on this level because I had a couple of bad experiences. But that in no way validates a theory, in fact, to my mind it increases the likelihood that it is propaganda aimed at me.

This second rule wipes out the remaining theories.
In thirty years of investigation and research
I have discarded over 8 thousand theories.

Only two remain as possible.
The missing 14th amendment,
and the confiscation of technology for 'national security.'

.... in my opinion.

David Grouchy
edit on 8-7-2011 by davidgrouchy because: format

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Perhaps I have not quite articulated my thread in an appropriate way.

The message I am trying to convey is that the equilibrium between genuine conspiracy on ATS and fantasy conspiracy seems to be off balance. Looking through this “most flagged all-time” this become really rather apparent, one thread for instance is entitled “Nuclear False flag in three days” another about Robbie Williams UFO sightings, something about a ATS comic and another about timewave zero. I am not saying that these threads are necessarily rubbish rather that there are more important and apparent conspiracies that are more deserving of a position at the top of ATS, its rather puzzling for the websites top conspiracy website not to have some real ground breaking and original stuff regarding 9/11 for example.

I think the current events regarding the News of the World should be all over the NWO forum. I personally am not a proponent of the NWO conspiracy but events at News International this week do have some profound ramifications for the NWO theorists and provide them with some ammunition to boost their argument.

Also I am somewhat perplexed as to why this has been moved to the “rant” forum, it is not my intention to rant rather it is my intention to promote debate and discussion about the overall direction of the conspiracy movement, the current events in the media industry are merely intended as a catalyst for this discussion. As I see it, the current direction is moving towards a much more fiction driven set of beliefs that have parallels with religious movements rather than a investigative movement driven by scientific and historical facts to create an alternative paradigm from which to extrapolate an alternative narrative explaining significant world events.

If I were to create a thread that was more obvious at discussing the overall direction of the conspiracy movement would it constitute as a “rant” if it were to overtly challenge many of the conspiracy views of ATS.

I think such a thread could lead to some interesting discussion.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I see but I dont think that all conspiracies require government involvement. But I would agree that these types of stories are not very popular here.

My suggestion to the OP is to be the change he/she would like to see. You can be the ATS corperate scandal investigative reporter for us. Go dig up everything you can find and report back. Personally I would like to see more stuff like this on here.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by underduck
[Are you implying the coperate scandals dont belong on here?

Not at all. Just that the nature of such things tend not to be a big topic here, unless there is government collusion.

When one conceders that Andy Coulson was l Director of Communications for Downing Street up until this all exposed and that he hand Resigned form News of the World in 2006 because of the phone hacking allegations and then walk’s into a £140,000 job with the conservative government I would say there is a very good case for arguing for government collusion. Further to this Rebekah Brooks is a close personal friend of the PM and both Labour and Conservative party members were last week at a private party of Murdoch’s then there even more tinder to add to the raging fire that is the governments collusions with the events at news international.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Hmm. A member of ATS complaining that a member of ATS did not start a thread about the scandal with a British newspaper.

This is a social media outlet MEMBERS(thats you) start threads for discussion.

If you are speaking of the ATS videos the site puts on there I am not sure how that works.

I do know unless a thread is started by someone it can not be discussed.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by IamJustanAmerican

If you read the entire thread I am talking about the more than just events at News International, I am talking about the plethora of what appears to be dubious threads full of speculation and the lack of original conspiracies. Every time there is a major even it is a NWO false flag, where has the originality gone.

top topics

join