It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your definition of an "alien"?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Since all anyone wants to do these days is spam useless information and argue about things that nobody knows,
my question to you is this:

What is your definition of an "alien"? And when I say "alien" I'm talking about the weird creatures from other planets, not the guys across the border... for all of you extremely witty comedians out there (in other words, don't waste your time or anyone else's).

I guess my overall point to this question is the fact that we don't even know how the planet we live on works, sure we have a good idea about most things - but we've never been to the bottom of the ocean, we've never been to the center of the earth, we've never explored all of the rain forests - we're still discoving "ancient amazonian tribes" in the year 2011. For all we know, "aliens" are animals that live in the forest somewhere, live underground, or live at the bottom of the ocean. And if that IS in fact what they are, then obviously there can be life on other planets too.

edit on 8-7-2011 by Time2Think because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
According to me,an alien is an individual or creature which is not an inhabitant
of planet Earth and lives on other planets in the galaxy or beyond our galaxy.

Im not sure how they look like.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Time2Think

i see what your driving at! But no sorry by definition an alien cannot come from our own planet unless that alien is from a different dimension unknown to us.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by pcrobotwolf

A "different dimension unknown to us" such as the bottom of the ocean, the center of the earth, or an unexplored region of a rain forest...

I'm willing to bet that the majority of the human race has no clue what ATS is, so then, in fact, everyone reading these boards are aliens themselves, are we not?
edit on 8-7-2011 by Time2Think because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Time2Think
What is your definition of an "alien"? And when I say "alien" I'm talking about the weird creatures from other planets, not the guys across the border... for all of you extremely witty comedians out there (in other words, don't waste your time or anyone else's).

Definition of ALIEN
a : belonging or relating to another person, place, or thing : strange b : relating, belonging, or owing allegiance to another country or government : foreign c : exotic 1
: differing in nature or character typically to the point of incompatibility

Now if you want to talk bout critters from other planets use ET or EBE(extra-terrestrial Biological entity)

For all we know, "aliens" are animals that live in the forest somewhere, live underground, or live at the bottom of the ocean.

Then they would be indigenous species...

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Claudius
According to me,an alien is an individual or creature which is not an inhabitant

This, whether it is a plant, mammal, microorganism, just not organic comound becase such have already been found on Mars I afaik.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Aliens and UFOs: This forum is dedicated to the discussion of historic and contemporary events related to extraterrestrial encounters, UFO sightings, and speculation about related subjects. Discussion topics and follow-up responses in this forum will likely tend to lean in favor of the existence of extraterrestrials and the related conspiracies, scandals, and cover-ups. Members who would seek to refute such theories should be mindful of our tradition of supporting the examination of the extraterrestrial phenomenon on the related conspiracy theories, cover-ups, and scandals. Replies that make fun or otherwise ridicule and demean those posting honest experiences and/or questions will be removed. Members who post such responses repeatedly will be banned

Ironic that the name of this section of the forums is "aliens and UFO's", why not "ET's and UFO's, or EBE's and UFO's" ?

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   
The same reason people here speak about "Anti Gravity"

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
i think there nothing real....

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Created by governments to further goals. Somewhere out in this vast universe life probably does exist, but they're not here. Nobody is hiding them.
Why are we allowed to hear about them, "see" them, get "leaked" information - yet we aren't allowed to see other things in the media? Like important things. Most likely because someone has wanted you to believe.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
No legal paperwork for where they reside.

Planet Earth or elsewhere.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   

would then an earth spirit or other dimentional being that resides on earth be considered alien?

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   

alien = " you not from round here are you boy ? "

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
when i say alien.
as a noun i mean an E.T, sentient life from another planet.
as an adjective i mean different from the usual, as in something im not familiar with in a familiar enviroment.
sometimes as an insult to imply someone's wierd.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Nice thread! My definition is yet unfulfilled as i am still connecting dots here and there. But i have come as far as actually believe there is more than just one type of alien species. Interdimensional creatures and physical beings that regularly visit us, and entities that can exist within both planes and really mess with our perceptions. I would recommend a book written this year '' Real aliens, space beings and creatures from other worlds'' by Brad Steiger and Sherry Hansen Steiger. I have got the impression that they are serious, and they have collected and investigated sightings/contactee/abductee reports over the years and makes their own conclusions. A very entertaining read indeed!

I must say i have never seen one nor have i seen a ufo. But to me - aliens do exist and they come from out there somewhere. People who say there is no possibility of life on other planets is simply denying our own existence.
edit on 8-7-2011 by creatureme because: spelling perfectionist..

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
When you ask for the definition of an alien we will assume you mean other than human. So a related question might be what is a human? Are you sure you can come up with a simple all inclusive definition? Probably not. And by the same token an absolute definition of alien may not be possible. See the more I study the so called alien phenomena the more I begin to believe that many of us may have alien roots. Some humans may actually be part alien with a destiny [which I believe to be benign] which will be revealed to us in the future when the time is right!

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   

What he said.

That is...unless they've actually been here ( on Earth ) all along. We are incapable of discerning that at present.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
1. From a "human" view point, that which cannot be "interbred" with other species.

2. Undocumented workers and other unaccounted free-loaders, hence "illegal ALIENS"!!!
edit on 2011-7-08 by pikypiky because: To correct "food for thoughts".

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Most of us on this site would be referring to ETs - Extra-Terrestrials - life forms from off the planet. I don't like to use the word "alien" because it already has too many other meanings.

Realize that this is a subject that has been building up (in modern times) for over 50 years now. We have numerous, and I mean numerous reports of contact with weird-looking little guys, human-looking people and everything in between identifying themselves to us as not from this planet. What are we supposed to make of all this data? Do we just ignore it? Flush it down the toilet? Assume it's not important because politicians (almost) never talk about it?

I can assure you that this topic is important. But if you are going to get involved with it, you need to stick with it. Because there is a ton of information from "people who told me" that really shouldn't be trusted. Try to find stories of people who met these things or saw these things with their own eyes. Piece it together. It is real.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join