It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PICTURE OF BOB [HOAX]

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
It is open, but in the HOAX bin. When, and how did we arrive at this conclusion? I am not saying that it isn't just curious about the thought process that led to this conclusion.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Why is this in the hoax section? I am wanting to know why this thread was closed for review also. Anyone?

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
probably because the photo looks manipulated and the person who took it has been asked to provide the unaltered original for exif data evaluation. I wouldn't be surprised if you don't hear back from Andrew
edit on 8-7-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Ok...so...ATS...checked the threads dedicated to the (so-called creature) and they are now in the (HOAX) section....so now what? Is it or isn't it a (hoax)...what do you think people?
edit on 8-7-2011 by caladonea because: correction

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
probably because the photo looks manipulated and the person who took it has been asked to provide the unaltered original for exif data evaluation. I wouldn't be surprised if you don't hear back from Andrew

Ahah... Guilty until proven innocent...

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
To all,

This does not matter. Need to produce as mentioned above....I would like to see the full EXIF data.... Thank you.

Respectfully, GreenEyedLeo, why do you get to close down the thread because you want to see exif data? Isn't that something that members would typically ask for and have fun rooting out?

This is the first time I have seen a moderator stop a thread because they would like to have data sent directly to them so they can debunk the photo privately.

And, since when has anyone ever had to produce exif data at the door in order to get in to the party?

Am I missing something here?

Thanks.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pr0sp3r0

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters

Ahah... Guilty until proven innocent...

Just like american and its swat teams busting into your house and killing you for no reason now a days.

On the other hand the photo did look fake and being a new member doesent help him. First he was scared of it now he is chasing it down.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Pr0sp3r0

Sorry but that picture doesn't prove anything in my opinion, it looks digitally manipulated. Unfortunately I've not got the skills to prove my thoughts but there's plenty of people on here who can so once again I'll watch with interest...

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Attention...

The subject of this thread is PICTURE OF BOB (The humanoid thing in my last thread), not "Why did the mods close this thread?" or "Why did the mods move this thread to Hoax?"

Stick to the topic at hand or risk your posts being removed as off-topic. Adherence to this simple request is expected.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
If this is a hoax, it is one of the better ones I've seen. I can't say one way or another. I think his story is plausible, but that doesn't make it true.

I do give you credit Andrew for coming back and posting a pic.

So to all the "pics or it didn't happen" people - did it happen now?

Again, I can't say. I'm not an expert at photo analysis... I think the flour/sand idea was a great idea - you should do that if you haven't Andrew.

Strange how this thread was closed, then reopened pretty quickly. Does that mean the pic is real?

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by cwilson
Strange how this thread was closed, then reopened pretty quickly. Does that mean the pic is real?

No, it simply means it was closed for Staff discussion. No conspiracy there, basically what it says on the tin

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by AndrewRose

Again, being a sceptic I have to point out the OP's mentioning that the EXIF data on the old camera is corrupted or whatever excuse he used... I think we should all wait until someone who knows their stuff with photo analysis takes a look at the image and EXIF data...

However, I know which way I'm leaning...
edit on 8/7/11 by Death_Kron because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Kindly refrain from removing staff edits.

edit on 7/8/2011 by maria_stardust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by AndrewRose

is this the armless thing i read a post about
well good on you

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I'm not sure what to think about this BOB thing. It does look a little scary if it's real.
I hope it doesn't show up at my house.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by AndrewRose
I used an old digital camera so the quality isn't great (i used it because the batteries lasted longer)

Really? Newer cameras can't take more than one or two photos before the battery dies on you? Surely you jest. My old Cannon camera rips through 4 AA batteries like a fat kid goes through a bag of Twinkies. The newer camera has a rechargeable battery that is good for about 400 - 600 photos. I'm struggling to understand how that thought process worked out.

"Hey look a humanoid. Let me grab my old camera that takes crappy photos and leave the better camera in the bedroom because the newer camera only takes a single photo before the battery runs out of juice. I can't believe I bought one of these newer cameras that only takes one photo. They even tricked me into purchasing the extended warranty on it."

Which camera should I use? O hey, the one on the left doesn't have battery issues. Let's go with that.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7296fa7f23fc.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 8-7-2011 by Captain Obvious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
Will you please upload your photo to Photobucket so the EXIF data can be viewed. Right now, it seems to be gone. Feel free to message me with the new upload of the UNALTERED imaged straight from the camera uploaded to photobucket.

Old camera. The exif is all messed up, it was taken on an old cam (wrong date, time, etc...) sorry

This does not matter. Need to produce as mentioned above....
I would like to see the full EXIF data....

Thank you.
edit on July 7th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

An original unaltered photo with EXIF data in tact was asked for by staff.. A photo taken off a camera will always have EXIF data - the photo given to staff was wiped clean.

This should clear things up for everyone. If it does not, then there is nothing more that staff can really say to clarify why this thread now lies in the HOAX forum.
edit on July 8th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join