It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the Hate Towards Jesus Christ on ATS?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Iam a tolerant individual who believes in freedom of expression as long as it doesn't bastadise without logical reason individuals or groups.

I cannot however understand why so many directly vilifying threads in this section are still open.

Its as if there is some form of conspiracy against Jesus Christ , that is being given license here?

Just scan the thread titles on this sub forum...if you are wondering about what this thread pertains to.

Its just very sad....that Jesus Christ is the only Deity that is being ridiculed here on ATS...or is that allowed to be ridiculed?....I don't know just wonderin ...why the vilifying and hate towards Jesus?

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I've not seen it.
I read this site day in and day out, and while I see some animosity towards Christians and their persecution complex and insistence on using the bible as some sort of be all end all LAW, I don't see much other than respect for the teachings of Christ.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I dont think people *most hate the idea of jesus, just what some of his "followers" do. Also, christianity is one of the most familiar religions to most of ATS.
edit on 7-7-2011 by chancemusky because: clarity

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Reply to post by Dr Expired

IMO only:

Some hate because it is the hip thing.

Some hate because of past wrongs to humanity by peopled labeled as Christians.

Some hate because of Christian hypocrites.

Some hate because of something that happened in their lives.

Some hate to prove that they are smarter than people who believe differently than they do.

Some hate just to hate.

edit on 7/7/2011 by Lemon.Fresh because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
i'm intolerant of christ because it's the biggest crock of fakery i've ever heard of. lol seriously. fairytales are more believeable. star wars is more believable. justin bieber being a celebrity, more believable, get what i'm saying?
nothing against you personally, you're probably just swell, but religion and the actual events they claim to be fact...
a joke. a big fat joke. a huge lie that makes no sense. you know when they say, if a million people believe something it must be true? yeah that doesn't work here. there's 150 million christians in america. all wrong. sorry.

i honestly feel sick when i try to believe in jesus christ. like it's the grossest insult of my intelligence.
even god. even the fact we have these things in our lives and they exist. it's hilarious and sad and disgusting.

my world would be based on WHAT IS, right NOW.

let's see, I see a planet, that i'm walking on yep, a star in the sky. nice, oh we're circling a galactic centre, still no sign of god, alright no god, natural beauty though, thats nice, hey we could be nice because of that, not some god and devil that dont exist, yup. alright cool

this post is opinionated emotional garble

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Expired

For the evil/demon possessed people of the world ,

hating God/Jesus is their only goal in life .

ATS only reflects the attitude of the world at large .

Jesus did nothing wrong , and that cannot be tolerated .

They are particularly pissed off at the Living God , for

derailing their beast economies ......

Praise God !

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by chancemusky
I dont think people hate the idea of jesus, just what some of his "followers" do. Also, christianity is one of the most familiar religions to most of ATS.

Nope I hate the idea of a jesus, yes sir. it's used for so many things. political, military, personal lives are wasted away on it.
I like the idea we should be nice to each other yeah, but we dont need a jesus for that. it's very misleading.
and the fact that this jesus exists alongside the devil or lucifer or whatever the crap you people believe.
it's all a story. nothing more. I wish it wasnt familiar at all. we could be soooo much better off without it.

i'm obviously not being the nicest right now as this is one of few things that gets me emotionally charged.
I believe in people, in life, in the REAL.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I don't see any more hatred of Jesus/God than I do of rapists, murderers, the NWO, Obama, politicians, the Rothschilds, or the Federal Reserve. I just see a lot of hatred.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

Agree yes,just wondering though why they are allowed to be directly vilified here though as a thread title on his forum section quite clearly rejoices in.

Hey sadness needs expression but surely it shouldn't be exclusive?

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
It seems to be a fad, ongoing, but a fad. Sadly, will it turn into something worse? I believe so but that's for another thread.

Anyway, once it wasn't socially acceptable to attack Christians. There was a base respect for the Christian belief. Now, there's derogatory signs on buses and poster-boards and open hate speech.

Why? Again, a fad. Changing times. People in the clutch of feeling 'released' from their 'bonds'. (I have to chuckel at that, I'm freer in my Christianity than I am as a non-believer - again for another threaad)...

So, In my opinion people fear what they don't understand, or think they understand - but don't.

It's frustrating because there's no way I can explain to someone who's never 'felt' Christ, about Christ, in words. It's something you have to experience yourself, but I can assure you once you do, you're left without a doubt. Without a single doubt. And for some, that's as scary as it's intimidating and because it's scary and intimidating and the unknown? It also becomes unbelievable.

It also doesn't help when there's wacko's about who spew hate in the name of their religion (Westoboros). And the history of religion? A powerfully negative and hateful thing.

Organized religion? IMO it's for the birds. And I too am negative against it's core of control.

Spiritualism and believing in something you can't explain to others? That, I subscribe to and try to live by. So, I just shrug off the attacks and am secure in the fact that someday everyone will meet their maker. If that's the same maker as mine? I don't know. But I have faith I do.

peace

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
We deal in conspiracy theories, politics, news, etc.

Not fairy tales.
edit on 7/7/2011 by Adyta because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by yourmaker

Christ is not some fairy tale at all.. For you to even say these things without any true knowledge of what you say, shows you as just someone with a lot of emotional baggage and perhaps some bloated self pride thrown in for courage...Your words are definitely not the words of someone who is happy and wise and healthy of mind..

I hope that works out for you..

link   

Originally posted by radarloveguy
this post is opinionated emotional garble

As you can see , the 5% make lots of noise ,

mostly gnashing of teeth !

I speak for myself and only myself. calling me "the 5%" does nothing but solidify my belief that you are just uneducated due to your genetic lineages inability to conjure up more brain cells. PERSONAL ATTACK BOOOOM

lemme guess, your parents are Christian? lemme guess, you went to church when you were a kid?

I'm fairly certain our environment as we progress determines our belief system.
If being a Christian is the societal norm then guess what, you're going to be a Christian.
and you won't be able to see any other way of thinking because of it.
if you're blind from birth, you'll never know the color red.
if you're born into a family that indoctrinates you into believing in Jesus, then you will never know what's really happening. you'll only know the misinformation.

edit on 7-7-2011 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Expired

I don't think there's any particular hatred shown towards Jesus Christ here on ATS.

There maybe some directed towards Paul, his teachings and how he and those that have followed in his footsteps and the religious institutions they subsequently built up which misrepresent JC's alleged teachings etc.

Personally I'm Agnostic and think the question about his and his 'father's' existence is completely irrelevant, but his alleged general message according to The New Testament is actually quite comendable.

What isn't irrelevant is the control and manipulation exerted by all organised religions, the pain and suffering caused in their name and the obscene amounts of wealth amassed by their hierarchies.
edit on 7/7/11 by Freeborn because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/7/11 by Freeborn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by alienreality

Christ is not some fairy tale at all.. For you to even say these things without any true knowledge of what you say, shows you as just someone with a lot of emotional baggage and perhaps some bloated self pride thrown in for courage...Your words are definitely not the words of someone who is happy and wise and healthy of mind..

I hope that works out for you..

thats the thing. I do know what i'm saying, and that's the best part.
I grew up with this crap. I know. I can see both sides of the coin here.
You can definitely attempt to smear my character as i'm trying to discredit your Saviour.
"emotional baggage and perhaps some bloated self pride"
perhaps, or perhaps fed up with how you people are still stuck in the loop? running in circles. saying the same thing over and over. pushing it to the next gen.

"Your words are definitely not the words of someone who is happy and wise and healthy of mind.."

you tend to overlook those people. nope i'm here to cause controversy. not troll or whatever but get you thinking.
if theres someone this passionate about this, why would he lie?
I want you to see what you're missing by having faith in a non-existant entity.
people created the entire thing centuries ago. Jesus didn't walk on water. seriously.
if anyone today said they did you'd call them out just like you did with me. only worse. it's insane that we even have a figure like jesus let alone that people worship him?

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   

For the record , I passed High School , then went to University .

And the 95% , believe in God

BECAUSE they can see and hear the Truth !

I'll pray for your (in)sight and deafness to end ....

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   

yourmaker , you will make a truly great dictator .
I will personally nominate you when Kim il Sung/ Robert Mugabe and Muammar Kadaffi
expire !

If that's what it takes to have people seeing clearly...a scientific dictatorship?

obviously you are free to believe what you like. but there has to be a line somewhere right??
I'm highly ambivalent here. on one hand we have freedom, complete.
but to progress as a species, we need to stop putting energy and time in things that aren't real. STEP 1.

I'd want to educate moreso then enslave into MY doctrine of what's right or real.

which seems to be the way Christianity functions, no?

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

I think alot of people get frustrated at trying to help christians understand that the bible is not the be all and end all of everything, i was a christian until i researched everything in depth and then learned about how it originates from different aspects of other religions, among lots of other things.

It get's frustrating when at every given oppurtunity people close there eyes to other probabilities / possibilities, there are so many people that really appear not to be able to see any other angle, because the bible tells them not too.

I believe that we were created, and i try and live my life in a way that is good to my family and other people that i cross paths with, i am responsible for my own behaviour, no one else, and no one else can pay for my sins.

Also on a personal level, if god is all seeing and knowing and everything else, why does he need jesus to do his work, i dont follow the 3 in 1 , it does not make sense on any level, also there are so many things that are just incorrect in the bible, that people need to start to understand them, do we not owe it to ourselves and our creator to find out what we really are and where we really came from.

I just wish people would put the effort into researching instead of blindly following because that is what they are told to do.

My 2 pence worth.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   

For the record , I passed High School , then went to University .

And the 95% , believe in God

BECAUSE they can see and hear the Truth !

I'll pray for your (in)sight and deafness to end ....

if that's the case then where is God??
What do you believe exactly? and why should I?

edit;
Good night, i'll give a little prayer to god (no joke) and see if I get a reply as quickly as you did for me.
If he doesn't answer do I leave a message or how does this work?

heh
edit on 7-7-2011 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join